Off Topic Messages

Lisa Marie performs in Seattle

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:43 pm

Thought some of you might be interested in this review. Not very flattering. Perhaps she should retire and take care of those twins!!

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/soundpost ... iple-door/

Re: Lisa Marie performs in Seattle

Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:00 pm

It was the greatest performance I've ever seen.

You just had to be there.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:04 pm

Every single entertainer in history has gotten a some bad reviews, even our man Elvis, so I don't care what any Critic has to say about anyone, that's their opinion, not everyones.

CRITICS QUOTE ON CELL PHONE CAMERAS

While credentialed photographers darted around the room taking photos, hawk-eyed security people kept a close watch on cell phone cameras for unauthorized photos or videos, pouncing on anyone pointing a device toward the stage.

It seemed like overkill for an artist still touring clubs, even if she is the daughter of a rock ā€˜nā€™ roll colossus.

MY SHORT STORY AND OPINIONS

My family and I have seen Lisa Marie 4 times, and met with her backstage each time, she definitely has Elvis' features, she is very tiny in height, maybe about 5', and she and her band put on an excellent show at the 4 shows we went to, and she is coming to my state of Massachusetts on 11/22/13 at "The Center for the Arts"

The one thing i never understood is the ridiculous rules of No taking pictures or video, i had my camera taken away at the 2nd show we went to, it was just a throw away camera, but her head of security did give it back to me a few minutes later, and they did keep an eye on me to make sure i did not take anymore pictures, but they did not see my mini tape recorder in my shirt pocket, so i did record that entire 2nd show.:smt045

Anyway, Why in the world do they have these stupid rules at her shows, I just don't understand at all, because we got to take all the pictures we wanted to at the meet & greets backstage, I just don't get It, Its just dumb, but thats not going to stop us from seeing her again.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:07 am

Clay wrote:The one thing i never understood is the ridiculous rules of No taking pictures or video, i had my camera taken away at the 2nd show we went to, it was just a throw away camera, but her head of security did give it back to me a few minutes later, and they did keep an eye on me to make sure i did not take anymore pictures, but they did not see my mini tape recorder in my shirt pocket, so i did record that entire 2nd show.:smt045

Anyway, Why in the world do they have these stupid rules at her shows, I just don't understand at all, because we got to take all the pictures we wanted to at the meet & greets backstage, I just don't get It, Its just dumb, but thats not going to stop us from seeing her again.

If Lisa refuses audience members to photograph/record her performances--it is her right to do so. Every performer has a right to enforce whatever rules they prefer for how or when they wish to be photographed.

I do not know Lisa's exact reasons why she has a strict camera policy at her shows but her reasons may be similar to why other performs have the same limitations: a majority of performers prefer to be 100% in control how or where their image will be posted and want to ensure that everything that is out there--puts them in the best possible light. Crappy iPhone videos or terrible amateur photography showing the performer in a less than flattering light is something a lot of performers would like to avoid. Even if it was all for personal use--there's no way to distinguish this from the performer's perspective thus it's better to just ban the use of cameras all together. Performers may also dislike cameras and phones being used because they may be a distraction for them as they perform, not to mention that it may make them uncomfortable to be constantly photographed while they are working.

There are many possible reasons why Lisa does not allow photographs at her shows. As a fan, you should respect her wishes and not just see it from your perspective.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:37 am

Justin wrote:
Clay wrote:The one thing i never understood is the ridiculous rules of No taking pictures or video, i had my camera taken away at the 2nd show we went to, it was just a throw away camera, but her head of security did give it back to me a few minutes later, and they did keep an eye on me to make sure i did not take anymore pictures, but they did not see my mini tape recorder in my shirt pocket, so i did record that entire 2nd show.:smt045

If Lisa refuses audience members to photograph/record her performances--it is her right to do so. Every performer has a right to enforce whatever rules they prefer for how or when they wish to be photographed.

I do not know Lisa's exact reasons why she has a strict camera policy at her shows but her reasons may be similar to why other performs have the same limitations: a majority of performers prefer to be 100% in control how or where their image will be posted and want to ensure that everything that is out there--puts them in the best possible light. Crappy iPhone videos or terrible amateur photography showing the performer in a less than flattering light is something a lot of performers would like to avoid. Even if it was all for personal use--there's no way to distinguish this from the performer's perspective thus it's better to just ban the use of cameras all together. Performers may also dislike cameras and phones being used because they may be a distraction for them as they perform, not to mention that it may make them uncomfortable to be constantly photographed while they are working.

There are many possible reasons why Lisa does not allow photographs at her shows. As a fan, you should respect her wishes and not just see it from your perspective.

You bring up some very valid reasons, not being in entertainment myself, I have no idea what entertainers go thru, so yeah, i get It, i just never gave it much thought before.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:55 am

Reading that review is like reading a review about a elvis show in '76 :shock: