Off Topic Messages

Drive-in horror films.......HELP ! ! !

Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:33 pm

i'm attempting to update my DVD/BD collection and decided to put together a collection of classic drive-in horror/sci fi movies.
My favorite era is the 1956-1976 time frame. Your suggestions can be PG or R rated and be films that only would have normally played at drive-in theaters. Examples that immediately come to mind are DEATH RACE 2000, HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP, etc.

Any suggestions you can make would be much appreciated......
Last edited by elvisbot on Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Drive-in horror films.......HELP ! ! !

Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:35 pm

Do you have "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers" and "I Married A Monster From Outer Space" in your collection?

Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:36 pm

great suggestions...i have those on my shelf now.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:46 pm

This was also another favorite.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:27 pm

Most horrific movie ever ....This version of "Batman".....even my pets went bonkers when this fella showed up on the screen.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:06 pm

elvisbot wrote:i'm attempting to update my DVD/BD collection and decided to put together a collection of classic drive-in horror/sci fi movies.
My favorite era is the 1956-1976 time frame. Your suggestions can be PG or R rated and be films that only would have normally played at drive-in theaters. Examples that immediately come to mind are DEATH RACE 2000, HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP, etc.

Any suggestions you can make would be much appreciated......

Lemora, A Child's Tale Of The Supernatural; Grave Of The Vampire; Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things; The Devil's Rain. All of these have the low-budget 70's vibe to them. I actually saw The Devil's Rain at the drive-in in my hometown when I was 15.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:20 pm

"Pyscho" of course.

:D

"Postman Always Rings Twice" was made twice, not in your date range, though, but a classic.

Get your teeth into these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ho ... ms_of_1970

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:14 am

How about Poor Pretty Eddie? It even has an Elvis theme in the film. It's available on blu ray.