Off Topic Messages

Linda Ronstadt Loses Singing Voice

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:00 am

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/08/24/lin ... ing-voice/

Very sad news!!

Re: Linda Ronstadt Loses Singing Voice

Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:05 am

Yes, I just found out about this. All you can say is that it's terrible, and that we wish her the best under the circumstances.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:35 pm

I posted this news on my FB page....it's really, really sad....it broke my heart to read Linda's description of the disease in her interview with AARP (where she first revealed it months ago).

The ex-gf is a huge fan of Ronstadt.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:44 pm

One of the greatest voices in rock music .........I use to see her every time she came to Los Angeles. I really hope the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame will see fit to nominate her and let her enter ...it's way over due.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:48 pm

Rat Rod Elvis wrote:One of the greatest voices in rock music .........I use to see her every time she came to Los Angeles. I really hope the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame will see fit to nominate her and let her enter ...it's way over due.

AGREED!!! BTW, did you know that she (NOT the Eagles) popularized the song, "Desperado"???

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:27 pm

Her ailment is a result of Parkinson's disease that she's been treating for years. Very sad news indeed.

Here's a photo taken of her in November 2011.....a far cry from what she used to look like in her glory days.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:21 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Her ailment is a result of Parkinson's disease that she's been treating for years. Very sad news indeed.

Here's a photo taken of her in November 2011.....a far cry from what she used to look like in her glory days.

Wow....that's so sad...she used to be such a BABE back in the 1970s!!

Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:25 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
Rat Rod Elvis wrote:One of the greatest voices in rock music .........I use to see her every time she came to Los Angeles. I really hope the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame will see fit to nominate her and let her enter ...it's way over due.

AGREED!!! BTW, did you know that she (NOT the Eagles) popularized the song, "Desperado"???

She use to close her show with an encore of Desperado. Her version is much better than the Eagles in my opinion. If you want to see how hot she was when younger, take a look at her here with Johnny Cash.........total babe.

http://youtu.be/mue05fazqsI

Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:29 pm

She wore no panties when she made a guest appearance on the Johnny Cash show. June wasn't real happy about this.

Seems Johnny was in a good mood, though.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:49 pm

Very sad ! she sure was one of the best female singers of all time !!!

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:19 am

Rob wrote:She wore no panties when she made a guest appearance on the Johnny Cash show ...

Your timing is usually so good. Not today.