Off Topic Messages

She Loves You

Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:28 am

Today, 50 years ago go, this Beatles single was released. John Lennon and Paul McCartney really hit the nail on the head with this one. With this song their "trademark" Yeah, Yeah, Yeah begun. Still being their most sold single. Why am I posting this...? Because it is one of the few Beatles songs that I actually like...Enjoy!

phpBB [video]

Re: She Loves You

Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:01 am

Cool tune. Big tune! Rocked the world.

But I love this version the best! ;)

phpBB [video]

rjm

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:21 am

Thanks for reminding. Probably one of the very first songs I ever heard and loved. Still do.

Long live the Beatles!

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:35 am

Excellent

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:42 pm

Scarre wrote:Today, 50 years ago go, this Beatles single was released. John Lennon and Paul McCartney really hit the nail on the head with this one. With this song their "trademark" Yeah, Yeah, Yeah begun. Still being their most sold single. Why am I posting this...? Because it is one of the few Beatles songs that I actually like...Enjoy!

phpBB [video]

They were a pretty good band.

More on this landmark single release from 1963:

She Loves You | The Beatles Bible
hhttp://www.beatlesbible.com/songs/she-loves-you/

Nice to read how both pop singer Bobby Rydell and Paul's dad, Jim, played a part in this classic.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:25 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Scarre wrote:Today, 50 years ago go, this Beatles single was released. John Lennon and Paul McCartney really hit the nail on the head with this one. With this song their "trademark" Yeah, Yeah, Yeah begun. Still being their most sold single. Why am I posting this...? Because it is one of the few Beatles songs that I actually like...Enjoy!

phpBB [video]

Nice to read how both pop singer Bobby Rydell and Paul's dad, Jim, played a part in this classic.

That's a wonderful story about John & Paul writing the song. I love those stories! It certainly was one of those unforgettable songs that set the world on fire and it's a classic. I personally, am not that keen on the song...i like the idea with the lyrics, she told me to tell you she loves you, but for me, there's not much of a melody there and it's more of a shouting
song. I do love the b side though

Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:58 pm

From this day on, you'll be hearing a lot more "50th Anniversary" of this and that in the Beatles' realm of things. 2019 and 2020 should be interesting for both Beatles and Elvis fans for two obvious reasons.......

2019....Abbey Road Sessions 50th Anniversary....there has got to be a mammoth box set on this in the works right now for a grand release date in 6 years time.

2020....Elvis TTWII........Comprehensive 50th Anniversary Edition CD Box & DVD/Blu Ray package that will blow away the hard core fan in amazement.

Great times ahead. No doomsday preachin' on this end. Oh Happy Day ! :smt026 :smt026

Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:36 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

phpBB [video]

That's a wonderful story about John & Paul writing the song. I love those stories! It certainly was one of those unforgettable songs that set the world on fire and it's a classic. I personally, am not that keen on the song...i like the idea with the lyrics, she told me to tell you she loves you, but for me, there's not much of a melody there and it's more of a shouting
song.
I do love the b side though

I don't hear that, and one of the stories on that Beatles site page points out the innovative and melodic nature of "She Loves You," yes, yes, yes.