Off Topic Messages

We just raised $21,500 for St Jude!

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:56 pm

Just back from an absolutely marvellous time in the States where we have been fundraising for St Jude Children's Hospital. I recently started an official Elvis Presley Fan Club with EPE called Elvis Loved St Jude - So Do I. All our events through the club will be handing over 100% of what we take to the charity.

We did a benefit show with John Reid in Scotland before we flew into Washington DC three weeks ago and I did two further benefit shows in Virginia (Orange and Fredericksburg). After a few days in Williamsburg with the family, where we explored Historic Jamestown, Yorktown etc we took the long drive down to Memphis.

My wife and I, with the help of Sharon Sheley from St Jude, ran a store in the Clarion all week with donated items from all over the states, Australia and UK - and again, 100% of what we took went into the bag.

I hosted an Elvis bingo session, and donated all the takings from my shows in Memphis - plus for a few months, my wife and I have been organising a big show with around 30 performers on the 15th August between 11am and 5pm at which I was the host throughout. We did fun auctions (hell, I auctioned myself and a kind lady paid $200 to sit on my lap while I sang to her!) and raffles with some fabulous prizes!

My show on the tent on Graceland Plaza on the 16th is where we handed over the money raised to St Jude Officials. After the presentation, we continued collecting and the total reached over $21,500 so I want to thank everyone who helped in any way. It's been a most worthwhile trip!

IMG_3691.JPG

(ANDY WOOD - aka ME on the left, My wife Katrina holding the other side of the Check, and my kids Emma and James at the far right. The other great guys are all from St Jude Children's Hospital and Research Center)

We are planning to go over to the States as often as possible to different states to do other benefits, and in fact, anywhere in the world. If ANYONE has ANY ideas for raising money for St Jude via our Elvis Fan Club, please let me know your ideas. This all helps Elvis' image and I know it's something he would have approved of - and most importantly - it will help the kids - and we sure need those little guys!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: We just raised $21,500 for St Jude!

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:58 pm

WEll done Andy,Elvis would be proud

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:53 pm

Very well done Andy. It is nice to see positive things done in Elvis' name.
You sure raised a lot of money.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:48 pm

A fantastic achievement. Very well done.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:00 pm

Good on you Andy.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:55 am

Nice going Andy!!

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:58 am

That is awesome. Good for you, and Elvis would indeed be totally proud of this charitable effort.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:02 am

Congratulations, and thank you.

rjm

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:47 am

Nicely done Andy!!!! And congrats!!! That's totally awesome!

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:43 am

You're a very good person Andy, and thank you for all your contributions, Elvis would definitely be proud!

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:58 pm

Your a star Andy.......well done smt125 smt125

love the idea of the 'lap sing'....as opposed to a lap dance :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:08 pm

Fantastic! Congratulations. St. Jude is close to my heart, as well. We have done an annual Radiothon for three years, and it feels very good to know you're trying to help.

I salute you!

Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Brilliant, Andy. What a superb effort.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Andy- as I have expressed to you many times I applaud your efforts as you are definitely one of the "good guys" in this world.

I watched as your idea took root and blossomed and you certainly worked hard at the effort. The result shows. Congratulations on a job well done!

You certainly are a "TCBing" son of a gun!

If in the states and you need an opening act- call me and I will gladly help out if I am able.

Cheers mate!

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Thanks so much everyone. It's been a real pleasure.

Greybeard - I will DEFINITELY be utilising your singing services in the not too distant future my friend! We are arranging more benefits throughout the states and PA is one of the definites! Thanks!!