Off Topic Messages

What do you think about your "used" purchases

Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:26 pm

Hey guys, in the last two years it has become a norm for me to buy used stuff like dvds and cds. I buy new stuff all the time, but once in a while I want something that is out of print or very rare and the new ones are very expensive for me. So I search for used ones. The majority of them are in very good shape, but there are one or two that the package is not so good and it kinds bugs me, especialy the cds. So what do you think about it? Do you have similar issues with your collection or you are just happy that the you find it and the disc plays fine.

Re: What do you think about your "used" purchases

Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:11 pm

I have everything I want but on junkyard sales or used goods shops I run through their collection of LP's, CD's and DVD's. When I see something I'd like to add to my collection (and sometimes I find titles I did not know existed!) I check the quality. If it looks o.k. I buy it. Price is usually anything between € 0,25 and € 1,00. If it is higher priced I do not run through it.
Recently I found an LP for € 0,70 featuring an original Yul Brynner autograph! Plus an autographed CD by a well known Dutch artist for € 1,00.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:50 am

CHR1S wrote:Hey guys, in the last two years it has become a norm for me to buy used stuff like dvds and cds. I buy new stuff all the time, but once in a while I want something that is out of print or very rare and the new ones are very expensive for me. So I search for used ones. The majority of them are in very good shape, but there are one or two that the package is not so good and it kinds bugs me, especialy the cds. So what do you think about it? Do you have similar issues with your collection or you are just happy that the you find it and the disc plays fine.

yes If its something i don't have, all the time 8)

I buy used all the time ever since I was 10 years old when i first started buying my first Elvis Vinyl Records and building a complete collection from 54-77, I still do this today and always will, I love used Record and CD Shops. :D

Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:12 am

If it looks good, I have no problem saving money on a used DVD, CD or book.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:04 am

I remember I bought the "Avon Special Products- Almost In Love" CD without the case or inserts, just the CD because I wanted it really badly. So I guess it would all depend on how badly you are really wanting something vs. condition

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:20 am

I just paid 20 euros for a used cd version of "Welvome to my World". This is the first used cd I got that both the cover and back are "damaged" but the cd is without a scratch!!Its is also the most expesive of the used one so far. It kind bugs me that it looks like that for the price I paid but this one is a very rare and a new one goes way beyond what Im willing to pay.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:17 pm

I buy virtually all DVDs and CDs used and rarely have a problem. If buying from Amazon or Ebay there are simple ways to get refunds or exchanges on used goods.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:07 pm

As long as it's not totally destroyed beat to death with scratches or has a moldy cover i buy used.It bugs me somebody could have a common cd or record totally beat to death but still want the highest price
for a piece of garbage.Anybody seen this too idiot dealers that are just greedy even in this cond.Cant tell fair cond from nm.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:15 pm

ritchie valens wrote:Anybody seen this too idiot dealers that are just greedy even in this cond.Cant tell fair cond from nm.

Those dealers were greedy also in the same condition as new and nm for the one to fair.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:16 pm

I don't recall ever buying anything used pertaining to Elvis.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:18 am

Rob wrote:I don't recall ever buying anything used pertaining to Elvis.

Just some classic books at flea markets, many, many moons ago.

Records? Don't think so.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:10 am

You have to buy used to get original issues of the records everybody opened them in the 50s and 60s.