Off Topic Messages

August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:20 pm

Usually on the 16th of August I watch an Elvis DVD and listen to his music. This year I will be at a festival in Belgium but I'll make sure and bring my Ipod with some choice material and of course on Friday I'll wear an Elvis t-shirt :D . I was wondering how other fans spend this day, do you dwell on the anniversary of his passing at all, or is it just another day?

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:19 am

I'm always aware of the date but don't necessarily do anything special.I have in the past watched videos/ DVD's of Aloha or '68 Comeback or whatever or had a CD listening marathon but nowadays it just depends if I'm doing anything else or not.I'll probably just have the Radio tuned to Forth 2 at work which is an oldies station that always plays plenty of Elvis on this day.


norrie

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:05 am

I don't always do something "special," but I am always aware of August 16; in fact, I am always aware of Elvis Week, in general. On this particular August 16, I am honored to witness my step-son graduate from U. S. Army Boot Camp in Ft. Benning, GA. Pretty proud to see that....

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:18 am

KHoots wrote:I don't always do something "special," but I am always aware of August 16; in fact, I am always aware of Elvis Week, in general.

same here :D

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:07 am

KHoots wrote:I don't always do something "special," but I am always aware of August 16; in fact, I am always aware of Elvis Week, in general. On this particular August 16, I am honored to witness my step-son graduate from U. S. Army Boot Camp in Ft. Benning, GA. Pretty proud to see that....


Awesome! It takes a special person to serve their country and I admire them.

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:36 am

Pink&Black wrote:Usually on the 16th of August I watch an Elvis DVD and listen to his music. This year I will be at a festival in Belgium but I'll make sure and bring my Ipod with some choice material and of course on Friday I'll wear an Elvis t-shirt :D . I was wondering how other fans spend this day, do you dwell on the anniversary of his passing at all, or is it just another day?


I have a haircut at 6pm.

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:12 am

My boys go back to school on Friday after the summer break; with my youngest starting school for the first time.. after being at nursery for the past 18 months.

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:50 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Pink&Black wrote:Usually on the 16th of August I watch an Elvis DVD and listen to his music. This year I will be at a festival in Belgium but I'll make sure and bring my Ipod with some choice material and of course on Friday I'll wear an Elvis t-shirt :D . I was wondering how other fans spend this day, do you dwell on the anniversary of his passing at all, or is it just another day?


I have a haircut at 6pm.


Yeah, I've heard in some cultures that's a sign of mourning :wink:

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:48 pm

I will certainly spin a disc or 2 in his memory

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:03 pm

I actually play this week Elvis albums every day....
Yesterday i played the great Cd : Theres always Me Vol. 3 ( disc 2 ) ;)

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:56 pm

I'm hooking up with several friends who are obviously Elvis fans, in Birmingham on Friday, overnight and into Saturday. We just chill, eat, catch up.....and of course celebrate Elvis' life.

Next year......back to Memphis.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:10 pm

Same Friday night pajama party, but this week it will be taking place in my Elvis room while playing "Barefoot Ballad" over and over.

We always have lots of fun.

Image

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:02 pm

Rob wrote:Same Friday night pajama party, but this week it will be taking place in my Elvis room while playing "Barefoot Ballad" over and over.

We always have lots of fun.

Image



Sweet dreams :)

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:16 am

Pink&Black wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Pink&Black wrote:Usually on the 16th of August I watch an Elvis DVD and listen to his music. This year I will be at a festival in Belgium but I'll make sure and bring my Ipod with some choice material and of course on Friday I'll wear an Elvis t-shirt :D . I was wondering how other fans spend this day, do you dwell on the anniversary of his passing at all, or is it just another day?


I have a haircut at 6pm.


Yeah, I've heard in some cultures that's a sign of mourning :wink:


I have one scheduled for tomorrow, The Eve. In preparation for The Day.

Probably will watch TTWII on TV.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:46 am

Rob wrote:Same Friday night pajama party, but this week it will be taking place in my Elvis room while playing "Barefoot Ballad" over and over.

We always have lots of fun.

Image


Don't post pictures like that, you'll be accused of advertising your sexuality!

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:23 am

I'll be doing the "hillbilly dance" with my pet raccoon on the front porch.

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:35 am

Maybe go for a swim

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376541304.059226.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:50 am

You guys... :lol: Elvis would be so proud!

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:13 pm

Ooooh la la, Paul!

C'est magnifique!

I'm boring so will probably do nothing to mark the day.

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:32 pm

poormadpeter wrote:Don't post pictures like that, you'll be accused of advertising your sexuality!

I have everyone fooled.

Those girls are just gross and nasty.

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:36 pm

I'll probably spend another day trying to put an end to that flashing 12:00 on my VCR....

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:54 pm

Seriously, the Candlelight Vigil is live on YouTube in a few hours.

8 P.M. Central Time.
9, Eastern, 6, Pacific.

About 3 AM in England, August 16. Take it from there, folks!

I will be watching. (And I really do have an annoying hair appt. at 4:30 Pacific Time.)

The Elvis Week 2013 app (IOS and Android) has a virtual candle. ;)

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:21 am

Mister Mike wrote:I'll probably spend another day trying to put an end to that flashing 12:00 on my VCR....



You still have a VCR ? :shock:

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:38 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
Mister Mike wrote:I'll probably spend another day trying to put an end to that flashing 12:00 on my VCR....



You still have a VCR ? :shock:

I haven't transfered my porn onto DVD yet.... :wink: :lol:

Re: August 16th 2013, just another Friday?

Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:59 pm

Mister Mike wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:
Mister Mike wrote:I'll probably spend another day trying to put an end to that flashing 12:00 on my VCR....



You still have a VCR ? :shock:

I haven't transfered my porn onto DVD yet.... :wink: :lol:



You have any movie titles starring Marilyn Chambers ? Oh never mind....wrong forum. :facep: