Off Topic Messages

Tornado/Hail Storm!

Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:03 am

Just five years ago, I just got over the tornado that went throught Windsor, Co that caused a lot of damage to our home, my sister and brother's home. Saturday, there was a tornado warning and my family all of us went over to my sister's home to stay in the basement. tornado past Windsor, no damage this time (thank goodness!) But the Hail/rain caused some damage to my sister's three cars (up to about $50,000 damage) My car, some damage and some of our windows, flated our beautiful cucumber, tomato, and squach garden (looked like it went through a blender! Paint on the doors and our siding of our house chipped off by the hail. My brother's car back window broke and flooded up his car! Totaled! He'll have to get another car. I have some pics. of the flood that we went through in our car...yep, we made it through!! It is now all clear, but spent all day on Sunday cleaning. Drank 9 beers that night and I couldn't sleep until after 3:30 in the morning. What a job.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Tornado/Hail Storm!

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:27 am

Mother Nature can be a bitch sometimes. Cars and personal belongings can be replaced. YOU cannot.

I'm glad you are OK.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:11 am

Again, glad you made it okay! It's not easy to lose important things, but you're around to deal with it.

Try to stay positive. (There was no tornado here, but my car just blew up - it caught fire. It was 17 years old. It would cost thousands to fix, and no money for a new one. But I'm here!) Do you have insurance? I don't know if they offer tornado insurance in your area. That would be important.

Take care!

rjm

Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:14 pm

Scary stuff! I'm glad you and your family are ok.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:23 am

Thanks Guys, glad I'm okay and my family. I was worried that we were going through this again! I've lived here all my life and never had this problem! My Mom who lived here all her life also and she says she has never seen the flood here either!
Scary! I'm Okay now. Just say my prayers! :smt006