Off Topic Messages

Biffy Clyro At Ibiza Rocks

Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:48 pm

While in Ibiza recently for a family holiday I found out that Biffy Clyro would also be there appearing, for one night only, at the Ibiza Rocks Hotel. Being my daughter's favourite band of the moment I thought it would be great to pay 150€ for the three of us to go see them.

Biffy Clyro Poster
Biffy Clyro Poster.jpg

We arrived just after the doors had opened - 7pm - and walked straight through to the poolside stage location to take our places in the front row, just in front of the singer's (Simon Neil) microphone.

Ibiza Rocks Entrance
Ibiza Rocks Entrance.jpg

First on stage was a DJ playing a mix of tracks from Dance Music to 80s and Oldies through to more recent tracks. Next was the support group 'Family Rain' who played similar Rock music to 'Biffy Clyro'. Family Rain were follwed by another DJ who onl had a brief set.

The main attraction 'Biffy Clyro' came on about 11pm and did a rockin' sixty-minute gig.

Biffy Clyro
20130724_230346.jpg

20130724_230541.jpg

20130724_234241.jpg

SETLIST

Stingin' Belle
The Captain
Sounds Like Balloons
Biblical
God & Satan
The Joke's on Us
Bubbles
Spanish Radio
Opposite
Living Is a Problem Because Everything Dies
Many of Horror
That Golden Rule
Black Chandelier
Mountains

The Gig was filmed by MTV and being in the front row where there cameras were patrolling in front of the stage, my Wife, Daughter and I are sure to have been filmed during the hour.

Admittedly I don't know much about Biffy Clyro, but on July 24, 2013 they did a great Gig which all three of us (especially my Daughter) thoroughly enjoyed. My Daughter staed it was the best night of her Holiday and if my Daughter's happy then I'm happy!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.