Off Topic Messages

what to buy at Sun/Stax/Graceland?

Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:53 am

a friend is visiting Sun Studios, Stax Studios and Graceland and I asked him to buy something for me.

Anyone have any ideas what can be purchased that is cool?

I've always wondered if they sell replica 45s of elvis at sun studio museum?

Im not looking for posters, cups, coasters, t-shirts but rather something odd and unusual

And especially at Graceland Im thinking something really odd and tacky

Ive never visited any of these places and i really dont know what one could find there.

Nor will I ever visit the USA as I dont fly so this is my chance to get anything from these places

Re: what to buy at Sun/Stax/Graceland?

Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:25 am

voldto wrote:a friend is visiting Sun Studios, Stax Studios and Graceland and I asked him to buy something for me.

Anyone have any ideas what can be purchased that is cool?

I've always wondered if they sell replica 45s of elvis at sun studio museum?

Im not looking for posters, cups, coasters, t-shirts but rather something odd and unusual

And especially at Graceland Im thinking something really odd and tacky

Ive never visited any of these places and i really dont know what one could find there.

Nor will I ever visit the USA as I dont fly so this is my chance to get anything from these places

Something cool:

100% exact replica jumpsuits from B&K Enterprises! Also, rings - last year in August for the big 35th Elvis Week I got a TCB ring, a TCB pendant, and a horse shoe ring. I also got a spinning record key chain & TCB key chain that is really cool.

Also in the shops are some red Elvis In Concert (yes, the CBS special) jacket replicas.

If you want something really odd and tacky, you could always get the Elvis Mr. Potato Head or Elvis Ducks they sell in the shops.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:28 pm

The tackiest thing I ever bought from Graceland crossing is a paper weight with a phial of Graceland dirt in it

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:36 pm

Visit the websites of all those places and click on their shopping areas. They will usually have pretty much the same stuff available online as in the actual physical location. Pick something and show it to your friend so he/she knows what to look for.