Off Topic Messages

Re: Anyone here saw The Beatles in 1963-1966 ?

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:20 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Clearly, you do not have that problem. :D

Of course not :D :D

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Any pics of you kissing someone's statue Jav ?

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:46 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Any pics of you kissing someone's statue Jav ?

I have one of me abusing a wax figure but you already saw that one, didn't ya? :D

Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:12 pm

Check out the following article of a 'mop lady' meeting The Beatles at their Hull show in November 1963. This is the show my Mum attended. I'd post the pic but can't do it from an IPad. I love the part that says they only drew 38 people the previous October when pitched against Hull Fair :D

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-wom ... story.html

Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:31 am

javilu wrote:I ran into one of them last Friday, so I thought I'd share with you, nice fellas.

NICE!!! You are one lucke dude!!!!! Cool pics!!! The only celebrity I met for two seconds was Roger Moore and I was overwhelmed by that. Can't even imagine how you must have felt!!

Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:29 am

Most people lose their younger day good looks as they get older (obviously) -- Ringo has managed the opposite, starts off with a face like a walrus and now looks pretty fit.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:34 am

ECC83 wrote:Most people lose their younger day good looks as they get older (obviously) -- Ringo has managed the opposite, starts off with a face like a walrus and now looks pretty fit.

I'll bet you look just like George Clooney. ;-)

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:05 pm

Rigs wrote:

NICE!!! You are one lucke dude!!!!! Cool pics!!! The only celebrity I met for two seconds was Roger Moore and I was overwhelmed by that. Can't even imagine how you must have felt!!

Lucky and talented, I'd say. Ask my # 1 fan the Doc if you don't believe me :lol:

Thanks, mate.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:06 am

javilu wrote:
Rigs wrote:

Lucky and talented, I'd say. Ask my # 1 fan the Doc if you don't believe me :lol:

Thanks, mate.

You left out "humble." ;-)

Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:16 am

TWO WORDS wrote:
javilu wrote:I ran into one of them last Friday, so I thought I'd share with you, nice fellas.

FAB PHOTOS!

WHOA!! Those pics are awesome. Congrats, Javilu. Disregard the juvenile jealousies you see here with respect to the pic with Ringo. It's the coolest thing ever, and you just know there are others here who would give their eye teeth to be so fortunate. I think it's fan-damn-tastic!!

Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:57 am

KHoots wrote:
WHOA!! Those pics are awesome. Congrats, Javilu. Disregard the juvenile jealousies you see here with respect to the pic with Ringo. It's the coolest thing ever, and you just know there are others here who would give their eye teeth to be so fortunate. I think it's fan-damn-tastic!!

Thank you so much for your nice words!

drjohncarpenter wrote:

They don't make 'em as humble as you are anymore, mate :D

Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:47 am

javilu wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
javilu wrote:
Rigs wrote:

Thanks, mate.

A scan of your history on that reply, this topic, forum or anywhere you hang your iPhone images proves you're the champ. ;-)

Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:13 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
javilu wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
javilu wrote:
Rigs wrote:

Thanks, mate.

A scan of your history on that reply, this topic, forum or anywhere you hang your iPhone images proves you're the champ. ;-)

I thought a US native would instantly recognize a tongue in cheek comment, but you've proved me wrong.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:46 pm

javilu wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Clearly, you do not have that problem. :D

Of course not :D :D

Hey javilu,

who are the two chicks to your left and to your right?

Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Seriously impressed, Jav!

Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:53 pm

Cool, lucky you. Congrats. Ringo looks very fit. Good to see. You look fit too, btw.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:59 pm

epf wrote:Cool, lucky you. Congrats. Ringo looks very fit. Good to see. You look fit too, btw.

Awww, you're too nice. Ringo doesn't look 73 at all!

londonflash wrote:Seriously impressed, Jav!

Thanks Andy! If I visit you in February you can touch a person who touched a Beatle!

luckyjackson1 wrote:Hey javilu,

who are the two chicks to your left and to your right?

They are 2 of my best Beatle-friends.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:05 pm

javilu wrote:
epf wrote:Cool, lucky you. Congrats. Ringo looks very fit. Good to see. You look fit too, btw.

Awww, you're too nice. Ringo doesn't look 73 at all!

londonflash wrote:Seriously impressed, Jav!

Thanks Andy! If I visit you in February you can touch a person who touched a Beatle!

You have a deal matey!

Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:49 pm

londonflash wrote:You have a deal matey!

Is my guests room ready?

Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:57 pm

WOW Jav youre lucky to meet and took those great pictures with Ringo ;) ::rocks he seems like a real nice man , very friendly

Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:24 am

Neat photos, Javi !

Hey, Ringo is Marge Simpson's favorite Beatle !

Marge and Ringo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:04 am

Thanks fellas!
For those of you who can read Spanish, there's an article about Ringo and me on last Sundays Chilean newspaper "El Mercurio"

http://impresa.elmercurio.com/Pages/Sup ... OgodnG8AKA

Starts on page 4.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:24 am

Back on topic i seen the beatles play in glasgow in 1963,they where shite so i walked out and went to the cinema to see fun in Acapulco instead !!!

Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:37 am

rocknroller wrote:Back on topic i seen the beatles play in glasgow in 1963,they where shite so i walked out and went to the cinema to see fun in Acapulco instead !!!

You did good Pat!
That movie is fantastic and is filled with terrific songs that put Beatles music to shame!

Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:25 am

rocknroller wrote:Back on topic i seen the beatles play in glasgow in 1963,they where shite so i walked out and went to the cinema to see fun in Acapulco instead !!!

Wow, only a fool would walk out on a chance to see Roy Orbison in concert in 1963.

The Beatles had a rare day off on 6 June, but resumed the Roy Orbison tour the following day with a concert at the Odeon Cinema in Glasgow, Scotland.

This was The Beatles' first concert in Glasgow. They quickly warmed to the enthusiastic reception from the fans, and always enjoyed their four subsequent visits to the city - three of which were also at the Odeon.

The Beatles performed the same seven-song set throughout the Roy Orbison tour:

Some Other Guy, Do You Want To Know A Secret, Love Me Do, From Me To You, Please Please Me, I Saw Her Standing There and Twist And Shout.

7 June 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Glasgow | The Beatles Bible
http://www.beatlesbible.com/1963/06/07/live-odeon-cinema-glasgow/

You mention shite, maybe you should have changed your diaper first?