Off Topic Messages

Bruce Live in 2013 --> Second To None !

Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:09 pm

From Backstreets.com:

MAN AT THE TOP
Ah, the lows, the highs... Rolling Stone follows their infamous Boston bomber magazine cover with this, a dynamic Wrecking Ball tour shot from our friend Jo Lopez. (See more of Jo's recent photography in recent posts on brucespringsteen.net)


130815_Rolling Stone 1189.JPG
Rolling Stone - Issue 1189, August 15, 2013

The new Rolling Stone cover story tallies the "50 Greatest Live Acts Right Now," with Springsteen riding high at #1, heading up a top five that includes Prince, the Rolling Stones, Arcade Fire, and Neil Young. RS writes: "Springsteen has always brought nearly superhuman levels of energy to his shows, but his current Wrecking Ball tour stands as one of his greatest and most thrilling." Hear, hear... though we'd like to add an additional three words we didn't see there (at least, not capitalized): E! Street! Band!

Congrats to Tommy Morello, too — Rage Against the Machine places in the Top Ten. The artists were voted upon by "a panel of writers, industry figures and artists [listed here, and including both Morello and Jon Landau]... To be eligible for the list, a performer must have toured within the last five years and not announced their retirement."

Click here to view the feature online, along with some consistently entertaining comments. "Skrillex? Bruno Mars? QUIT TAKING DRUGS FOR A SECOND RS EDITORS, WHERE THE F... IS IRON MAIDEN????" Up the Irons!
- August 1, 2013

http://www.backstreets.com/news.html



Great cover shot, and a well-deserved #1 ranking for Bruce Springsteen.

P.S. Bruce turns 64 on September 23.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bruce Live in 2013 --> Second To None !

Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:26 pm

That's one hell of an improvement from the last cover shot, indeed.

Re: Bruce Live in 2013 --> Second To None !

Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:48 pm

Rob wrote:That's one hell of an improvement from the last cover shot, indeed.


Thanks.

Re: Bruce Live in 2013 --> Second To None !

Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:50 pm

What song do you reckon he's crankin' out?

Re: Bruce Live in 2013 --> Second To None !

Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:28 pm

That is such an awesome Cover Photo of The BOSS, the man has done things the right way for himself Personally and Professionally to my knowledge, I can't think of one negative thing that has been said on TV or in the Press about Bruce, and that's awesome and very rare for anyone in show Biz, good for him 8)

Re: Bruce Live in 2013 --> Second To None !

Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:29 pm

I like how they closed the Springsteen entry...

"Each night's highlight is different – a beautiful thing with Springsteen shows."

Re: Bruce Live in 2013 --> Second To None !

Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:18 am

Its good to see musical genius Prince is second. Also after a five year break, the greatest RnR band ever, is third. I can live BS is no.1, but just for the length and requests? Singing live, he isnt the best, at all.

Re: Bruce Live in 2013 --> Second To None !

Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:57 am

Great cover. He is the best.

Re: Bruce Live in 2013 --> Second To None !

Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:17 am

TJ wrote:I like how they closed the Springsteen entry...

"Each night's highlight is different – a beautiful thing with Springsteen shows."


That's a very interesting quote, especially considering the artist this board is dedicated to!

Re: Bruce Live in 2013 --> Second To None !

Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:17 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
TJ wrote:I like how they closed the Springsteen entry...

"Each night's highlight is different – a beautiful thing with Springsteen shows."


That's a very interesting quote, especially considering the artist this board is dedicated to!


Well, he learned. He learned many things from Elvis's missteps, and one of them is that you must change that set list constantly, or it will drain the life out of you. He has learned how to enjoy it every show, and yeah, on my birthday this year, he will become MUCH OLDER THAN ME! (Happens every year.)

rjm

Re: Bruce Live in 2013 --> Second To None !

Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:39 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:From Backstreets.com:

MAN AT THE TOP
Ah, the lows, the highs... Rolling Stone follows their infamous Boston bomber magazine cover with this, a dynamic Wrecking Ball tour shot from our friend Jo Lopez. (See more of Jo's recent photography in recent posts on brucespringsteen.net)


130815_Rolling Stone 1189.JPG
Rolling Stone - Issue 1189, August 15, 2013

The new Rolling Stone cover story tallies the "50 Greatest Live Acts Right Now," with Springsteen riding high at #1, heading up a top five that includes Prince, the Rolling Stones, Arcade Fire, and Neil Young. RS writes: "Springsteen has always brought nearly superhuman levels of energy to his shows, but his current Wrecking Ball tour stands as one of his greatest and most thrilling." Hear, hear... though we'd like to add an additional three words we didn't see there (at least, not capitalized): E! Street! Band!

Congrats to Tommy Morello, too — Rage Against the Machine places in the Top Ten. The artists were voted upon by "a panel of writers, industry figures and artists [listed here, and including both Morello and Jon Landau]... To be eligible for the list, a performer must have toured within the last five years and not announced their retirement."

Click here to view the feature online, along with some consistently entertaining comments. "Skrillex? Bruno Mars? QUIT TAKING DRUGS FOR A SECOND RS EDITORS, WHERE THE F... IS IRON MAIDEN????" Up the Irons!
- August 1, 2013

http://www.backstreets.com/news.html



Great cover shot, and a well-deserved #1 ranking for Bruce Springsteen.

P.S. Bruce turns 64 on September 23.


Bruce is rockin on at 63, and I wish him many more years of success!

Re: Bruce Live in 2013 --> Second To None !

Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:41 am

"......superhuman levels of energy to his shows...."
Absolutely.The show I saw this summer was one of the best I have ever witnessed.

The Iron Maiden guy was right though doc !

norrie

Re: Bruce Live in 2013 --> Second To None !

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:34 am

Bruce definitely deserves to be at the top of the list. He is probably the greatest live performer of all time.
It should also be noted that 71-year-old Paul McCartney is number 15 on the list -- beating out Kanye, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, et al.

norrie wrote:The Iron Maiden guy was right though doc !
norrie


I know nothing about Iron Maiden so I can't say whether they should be on the list or not. However, I don't think it's very nice of the person who wrote the comment to question Bruno Mars' appearance on the list. I took my kids to see him in Sacramento about a week and a half ago and he's an awesome performer. I would have never gone to see him on my own but my kids are huge Bruno Mars fans. He's the perfect mix of James Brown, Michael Jackson, The Police, Prince, Bob Marley and Elvis. He writes catchy songs, he has a great voice, he's a fantastic dancer and he is a great musician. What more can you ask for? Anyone who can do a live mashup of Smells Like Teen Spirit, Billie Jean & Seven Nation Army is OK with me. Most importantly, however, he's my favorite ETA! And he still acknowledges his Elvis legacy: He performed "Jailhouse Rock" last year at Sting's Rainforest Fund benefit concert.

Re: Bruce Live in 2013 --> Second To None !

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:03 am

Did anyone buy a copy of this issue?

Re: Bruce Live in 2013 --> Second To None !

Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:22 am

norrie wrote:The Iron Maiden guy was right though


About what?