Off Topic Messages

Having Foot Surgery.....

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:45 am

Sometime in the very near future after August 6, 2013, I will be undergoing a procedure called a "tendon transfer" or "tendon transition" which will actually straighten my left foot (it turns "inward" and sometimes will almost turn completely over causing me to fall when I walk due to having CP).

I'd just appreciate some good thoughts - this is literally a miracle surgical procedure for me to be able to walk almost-normally - I got teased SO much in high school about the way I walk.

Re: Having Foot Surgery.....

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:47 am

Wishing you the best of luck and the most awesome results from this surgery Tony!! Seriously.

And get well soon!

Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:13 am

Good thoughts coming your way! :D

rjm

Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:41 pm

Best wishes, Tony!

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:01 pm

good luck Tony

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:29 pm

Hope it goes well for you Tony.

Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:50 am

Best of luck Tony. :smt006

The wave is just in case you don't make it. I wouldn't worry though, it's unlikely anything will go wrong. :wink:

Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:41 am

All the best to you Tony......hope it turns out well.

Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:49 am

jungleroombear wrote:Best of luck Tony. :smt006

The wave is just in case you don't make it. I wouldn't worry though, it's unlikely anything will go wrong. :wink:

I hope you don't work in a hospital! You know, the guy with the magazine cart? Who goes from room to room, spreading good cheer? :facep:

rjm

Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:55 am

Sad to hear this. I wish you all the best. My prayers are with you.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:48 am

Wishing you a successful surgery and fast recovery!

Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:03 am

My thoughts and prayers are being offered for you, Tony! All the best.

rlj

Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:04 am

Wishing you a successful surgery!!

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:49 pm

All the best, Tony.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:23 pm

Thanks, everyone. I spoke with the doctor (not the surgeon) yesterday about it at the appointment to set up the surgery and he actually forgot WHY I was even there! LOL! He said, "What are you here for?" and I said, "Well, I thought that we were going to discuss setting up the foot surgery!" and his exact words were, "Oh, hell! I'll just set up the appointment! I ain't gonna bill you for this visit!" LOL!!!

However, I still did ask questions. I'll most likely be back in physical therapy again after having this done (YAY! Good looking girls that work there and one of them is single!) and I'll be in a foot-cast for about six weeks.

Oh, and Winston? This isn't anything to be SAD about - I'M HAPPY ABOUT IT!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: