Off Topic Messages

I'm A Believer - Alternate Vocals

Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:07 pm

Here's an Alternate Wide Stereo Mix of the Monkees 1966 "I'm Believer" (Different vocal track, although the backing track is identical). Since the Monkees did not play their own instruments on the records the two parts were recorded separate.

I'm A Believer Alternate Here--> http://www69.zippyshare.com/v/94559629/file.html

Re: I'm A Believer - Alternate Vocals

Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:57 pm

They did not play on their first recordings but later they wrote and performed on their recordings.
There's an interesting book written about their career called The Monkees - the day by day story of the 60's TV pop sensation by Andrew Sandoval.
It lists all production work on their songs plus where you can find the version of the song mentioned.
A lot of unreleased mixes and versions is available on the 9-CD-set Unsurpassed masters.
Their first 5 LP's were mixed and mastered for mono and stereo so the mono LP mix often is different to the stereo LP mix.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:55 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:They did not play on their first recordings but later they wrote and performed on their recordings.
There's an interesting book written about their career called The Monkees - the day by day story of the 60's TV pop sensation by Andrew Sandoval.
It lists all production work on their songs plus where you can find the version of the song mentioned.
A lot of unreleased mixes and versions is available on the 9-CD-set Unsurpassed masters.
Their first 5 LP's were mixed and mastered for mono and stereo so the mono LP mix often is different to the stereo LP mix.

I have this set, unfortunately this song is not included in it, only the mono mix and the instrumental track are there.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:11 am

Get the Rhino deluxe collectors editions of the 1st 4.And Rhino handmade for the rest.Everything that's rhino has in the vaults is coming out.Rhino handmades are the ftd of rhino.