Off Topic Messages

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:54 pm

intheghetto wrote:
jak wrote:"The results of jury trials are not based on what the reality of certain situations are, they're based on which party can argue their interpretation of that reality. The defense may have won the argument they didn't do it based on a unanimous jury. "

The man was acquitted by due process.Dont forget the FBI has looked at the case for a year.They have found no evidence of a civil rights violation.The perceived rascism is the cause of the outrage.



This wasn't a civil rights case so of course they're not going to determine anything based on that. But to your other point; you seem satisfied with 'due process', so basically your implying that ALL trial outcomes you agree with? Let me ask you, way back when in October of 1995 you were okay with a 'not guilty' verdict in the murder case of a certain sports celebrity? You must've been since after all that person was also 'acquitted by due process'.


Not a civil rights case?What do you think it's been turned into?Why do you Sharpton and others are calling for?They want federal civil right charges brought against Zimmerman.No justice no peace right?Obama made this about race with his first public comments on it.When the meda dubbed Zimmerman a white Hispanic the groundwork was layed.The federal government has reviewed the case for the entire year and has come up empty in spite of the witch hunt.They put a microscope on this case.What woud it take to convince you people?
That sports guy back in 95 had charges brought against him promptly by the sate.There was no discord between the police and the state.Zimmerman waited 44 days to be charged because there was no evidence at the scene for responding officers to arrest him.Big difference from O.J.The police chief in Sanford lost his job over this.O.J. got lucky because of
fear.Fear of more riots.Give credit to those jurors in Florida for doing the right thing in spite of the pressure they must have felt.People were outraged no charges were brought against Zimmerman.The outcry was so loud our own president weighed in with biased comments before the judicial system ran its course.The state was pressured by public outcry to have a trial.They got their trial but didn't like the results.So now its time to force the federal government to continue the witch hunt.Whats happening here should make everybody sick.Enough is enough.

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:27 pm

jak wrote:
intheghetto wrote:
jak wrote:"The results of jury trials are not based on what the reality of certain situations are, they're based on which party can argue their interpretation of that reality. The defense may have won the argument they didn't do it based on a unanimous jury. "

The man was acquitted by due process.Dont forget the FBI has looked at the case for a year.They have found no evidence of a civil rights violation.The perceived rascism is the cause of the outrage.



This wasn't a civil rights case so of course they're not going to determine anything based on that. But to your other point; you seem satisfied with 'due process', so basically your implying that ALL trial outcomes you agree with? Let me ask you, way back when in October of 1995 you were okay with a 'not guilty' verdict in the murder case of a certain sports celebrity? You must've been since after all that person was also 'acquitted by due process'.


Not a civil rights case?What do you think it's been turned into?Why do you Sharpton and others are calling for?They want federal civil right charges brought against Zimmerman.No justice no peace right?Obama made this about race with his first public comments on it.When the meda dubbed Zimmerman a white Hispanic the groundwork was layed.The federal government has reviewed the case for the entire year and has come up empty in spite of the witch hunt.They put a microscope on this case.What woud it take to convince you people?
That sports guy back in 95 had charges brought against him promptly by the sate.There was no discord between the police and the state.Zimmerman waited 44 days to be charged because there was no evidence at the scene for responding officers to arrest him.Big difference from O.J.The police chief in Sanford lost his job over this.O.J. got lucky because of
fear.Fear of more riots.Give credit to those jurors in Florida for doing the right thing in spite of the pressure they must have felt.People were outraged no charges were brought against Zimmerman.The outcry was so loud our own president weighed in with biased comments before the judicial system ran its course.The state was pressured by public outcry to have a trial.They got their trial but didn't like the results.So now its time to force the federal government to continue the witch hunt.Whats happening here should make everybody sick.Enough is enough.


This case was not tried as a civil case…yet. So before you get all worked up read the fine print. At the end of the day most of this scenario was 90% media manipulation. It's over now and everybody needs to move on…that is unless you want TV to dictate how you feel everyday.

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:55 pm

intheghetto wrote:
jak wrote:
intheghetto wrote:
jak wrote:"The results of jury trials are not based on what the reality of certain situations are, they're based on which party can argue their interpretation of that reality. The defense may have won the argument they didn't do it based on a unanimous jury. "

The man was acquitted by due process.Dont forget the FBI has looked at the case for a year.They have found no evidence of a civil rights violation.The perceived rascism is the cause of the outrage.



This wasn't a civil rights case so of course they're not going to determine anything based on that. But to your other point; you seem satisfied with 'due process', so basically your implying that ALL trial outcomes you agree with? Let me ask you, way back when in October of 1995 you were okay with a 'not guilty' verdict in the murder case of a certain sports celebrity? You must've been since after all that person was also 'acquitted by due process'.


Not a civil rights case?What do you think it's been turned into?Why do you Sharpton and others are calling for?They want federal civil right charges brought against Zimmerman.No justice no peace right?Obama made this about race with his first public comments on it.When the meda dubbed Zimmerman a white Hispanic the groundwork was layed.The federal government has reviewed the case for the entire year and has come up empty in spite of the witch hunt.They put a microscope on this case.What woud it take to convince you people?
That sports guy back in 95 had charges brought against him promptly by the sate.There was no discord between the police and the state.Zimmerman waited 44 days to be charged because there was no evidence at the scene for responding officers to arrest him.Big difference from O.J.The police chief in Sanford lost his job over this.O.J. got lucky because of
fear.Fear of more riots.Give credit to those jurors in Florida for doing the right thing in spite of the pressure they must have felt.People were outraged no charges were brought against Zimmerman.The outcry was so loud our own president weighed in with biased comments before the judicial system ran its course.The state was pressured by public outcry to have a trial.They got their trial but didn't like the results.So now its time to force the federal government to continue the witch hunt.Whats happening here should make everybody sick.Enough is enough.


This case was not tried as a civil case…yet. So before you get all worked up read the fine print. At the end of the day most of this scenario was 90% media manipulation. It's over now and everybody needs to move on…that is unless you want TV to dictate how you feel everyday.


Then Obama needs to keep quiet.

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:51 pm

jak wrote:
intheghetto wrote:
jak wrote:"The results of jury trials are not based on what the reality of certain situations are, they're based on which party can argue their interpretation of that reality. The defense may have won the argument they didn't do it based on a unanimous jury. "

The man was acquitted by due process.Dont forget the FBI has looked at the case for a year.They have found no evidence of a civil rights violation.The perceived rascism is the cause of the outrage.



This wasn't a civil rights case so of course they're not going to determine anything based on that. But to your other point; you seem satisfied with 'due process', so basically your implying that ALL trial outcomes you agree with? Let me ask you, way back when in October of 1995 you were okay with a 'not guilty' verdict in the murder case of a certain sports celebrity? You must've been since after all that person was also 'acquitted by due process'.


Not a civil rights case?What do you think it's been turned into?Why do you Sharpton and others are calling for?They want federal civil right charges brought against Zimmerman.No justice no peace right?Obama made this about race with his first public comments on it.When the meda dubbed Zimmerman a white Hispanic the groundwork was layed.The federal government has reviewed the case for the entire year and has come up empty in spite of the witch hunt.They put a microscope on this case.What woud it take to convince you people?
That sports guy back in 95 had charges brought against him promptly by the sate.There was no discord between the police and the state.Zimmerman waited 44 days to be charged because there was no evidence at the scene for responding officers to arrest him.Big difference from O.J.The police chief in Sanford lost his job over this.O.J. got lucky because of
fear.Fear of more riots.Give credit to those jurors in Florida for doing the right thing in spite of the pressure they must have felt.People were outraged no charges were brought against Zimmerman.The outcry was so loud our own president weighed in with biased comments before the judicial system ran its course.The state was pressured by public outcry to have a trial.They got their trial but didn't like the results.So now its time to force the federal government to continue the witch hunt.Whats happening here should make everybody sick.Enough is enough.


I agree. Well said jak!

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:00 pm

Obama should focus on issues that he was elected for, like fixing the mess left by Bush, not stirring up fires, especially since the justice system that has a particular procedure in place.

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:42 pm

Mike C wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike C wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike C wrote:Here are some astute observations from Rush Limbaugh ...


Here we go!


Did you actually read what he said? It does make one think.


I don't listen to racists.


Who said listen? I asked if you read it as you asked of us in a previous thread about Obama's Friday remarks.


As I said, Limbaugh is a racist, so his "insight" is worthless.

I suggest you visit this site, it may help in future conversations:

listen
1. To make an effort to hear something: listen to the radio; listening for the bell.
2. To pay attention; heed:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/listen

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:44 pm

Fairchild1171 wrote:The liberal media wants you to hear their side and no one elses. Watch this with an open mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcVGNQJwEeY


Spot the contradiction.

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:45 pm

rjm wrote:You got your verdict; how much more pain do you wish to gratuitously inflict on his parents by throwing this dirt about their dead kid all over the Internet? Since it serves no litigation purpose to insinuate their son "got what he had coming," does this merely give you guys pleasure?


No, they simply share Rush Limbaugh's view, and cannot help but run at the mouth.

Somewhere, Elvis Presley is crying. With fans like them, who needs a career?

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Joe Car wrote:Obama should focus on issues that he was elected for, like fixing the mess left by Bush, not stirring up fires, especially since the justice system that has a particular procedure in place.


The President of the United States represents ALL of us, not some of us. His words were necessary, and pertinent. Period.

President Obama's comments last Friday will be seen as extremely significant when viewed through the lens of history, and it's very sad that so many Elvis Presley fans here are unable to grasp the import of his eloquent, spot-on speech.

And it's beyond shameful that my careful posting of President Obama's wonderful moment was beaten into submission (and banishment) with angry, off-topic posts and links by the lunatic-fringe, Limbaugh-loving bunch who have FECC membership. These people have serious issues, and I wish they belonged to another forum.

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:01 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:Obama should focus on issues that he was elected for, like fixing the mess left by Bush, not stirring up fires, especially since the justice system that has a particular procedure in place.


The President of the United States represents ALL of us, not some of us. His words were necessary, and pertinent. Period.

President Obama's comments last Friday will be seen as extremely significant when viewed through the lens of history, and it's very sad that so many Elvis Presley fans here are unable to grasp the import of his eloquent, spot-on speech.

And it's beyond shameful that my careful posting of President Obama's wonderful moment was beaten into submission (and banishment) with angry, off-topic posts and links by the lunatic-fringe, Limbaugh-loving bunch who have FECC membership. These people have serious issues, and I wish they belonged to another forum.



Well, we have the right to our own opinion. If you agree with what he said then that is your choice. And what I watched in the video, there is no contradiction.

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:04 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
rjm wrote:You got your verdict; how much more pain do you wish to gratuitously inflict on his parents by throwing this dirt about their dead kid all over the Internet? Since it serves no litigation purpose to insinuate their son "got what he had coming," does this merely give you guys pleasure?


No, they simply share Rush Limbaugh's view, and cannot help but run at the mouth.

Somewhere, Elvis Presley is crying. With fans like them, who needs a career?


On the other hand, where ever he is, he may be praying for you. Please, don't speak for me...I can do that on my own.

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:10 pm

Fairchild1171 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
rjm wrote:You got your verdict; how much more pain do you wish to gratuitously inflict on his parents by throwing this dirt about their dead kid all over the Internet? Since it serves no litigation purpose to insinuate their son "got what he had coming," does this merely give you guys pleasure?


No, they simply share Rush Limbaugh's view, and cannot help but run at the mouth.

Somewhere, Elvis Presley is crying. With fans like them, who needs a career?


On the other hand, where ever he is, he may be praying for you. Please, don't speak for me...I can do that on my own.


Yes, you do speak quite clearly.

Elvis is praying to give me strength to stand up to those fans who fail to embrace the democratic qualities that are emblematic of his career.

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:53 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:Obama should focus on issues that he was elected for, like fixing the mess left by Bush, not stirring up fires, especially since the justice system that has a particular procedure in place.


The President of the United States represents ALL of us, not some of us. His words were necessary, and pertinent. Period.

President Obama's comments last Friday will be seen as extremely significant when viewed through the lens of history, and it's very sad that so many Elvis Presley fans here are unable to grasp the import of his eloquent, spot-on speech.

And it's beyond shameful that my careful posting of President Obama's wonderful moment was beaten into submission (and banishment) with angry, off-topic posts and links by the lunatic-fringe, Limbaugh-loving bunch who have FECC membership. These people have serious issues, and I wish they belonged to another forum.


Wow, whatever happened to diversity of opinion? I respect your opinion, Doc, and have not taken to calling you various names (as you just did of me) for the views you have shared here or sought to banish them. This is America and one has the right to disagree with a view and explain why in a rational manner - that is something I am positive Elvis would agreed with.

How exactly have any of my posts on this thread or you prior post with Obama's speech been angry?

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:19 pm

I may not agree with someone's views or statements that get posted here,but I would never want to exclude anyone.I see no harm in a heated discussion.Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.It would be completely unrealistic and childish if I believed my way of thinking is the only right way.Unfortunately I see the exact opposite here many times.People on different sides of an issue deserve an equal voice.Anything else is contradictory to democracy.

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:22 pm

No member was called any names, but I have finally had enough of the codified language used on this forum for years by some members when referring to twice-elected President Barack Obama. Never referring to him as "President," calling him "boy," saying he "should keep his mouth shut," and so on. This is the President of the United States, not some guy standing on a corner.

And so I have no more patience or time for opinions by public figures who repeatedly spout divisive, racist rhetoric, who use hate speech to polarize public thought. They offer no deep insight into America or its people.

That's MY opinion, and I have as much right here to say so as anyone else.

I carefully posted a speech by President Barack Obama I considered historically significant, unbiased, inclusive, moving and worthy of discussion. A topic Elvis Presley would have appreciated, on many levels. I made NO comment myself about the subject he was speaking on. It got turned into an off-topic sling-fest by certain members, some who boasted they were not even willing to read or hear what our President had to say. And so the topic was deleted. On a forum all about Elvis Presley, the man, his music and his career, that is pathetic.

Thank you.

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:46 pm

Doc
You referred to other members as "bigots" before anyone had even posted on the thread.I know you're passionate about our president and you're extremely supportive of him.Still that doesn't give you the right to generalize a group of members with that blanket statement.By doing that you are being judgmental without really knowing the people you're talking about.My point is that we are all guilty of following stereotypes.You do it,I do it.People just don't like admitting it.You or I don't truly know whats in the heart of other members because we read postings on an Elvis forum.We do form opinions though based on their postings.Then we toss them in a group based on our stereotypes.Bleading heart liberals and rascist right wingers.Truth is,we all have prejudices lurking below the surface.

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:07 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
rjm wrote:You got your verdict; how much more pain do you wish to gratuitously inflict on his parents by throwing this dirt about their dead kid all over the Internet? Since it serves no litigation purpose to insinuate their son "got what he had coming," does this merely give you guys pleasure?


No, they simply share Rush Limbaugh's view, and cannot help but run at the mouth.



So is this a backwards way of saying we are racist since you already called Rush Limbaugh a racist in this thread already?

I am not, I was just pointing out this case isn't so open and close as people think.

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:33 am

Just for the record another juror speaks out

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162- ... n-apology/

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:38 am

Key Word "NOT ENOUGH PROOF."

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:54 am

Fairchild1171 wrote:Key Word "NOT ENOUGH PROOF."


Let me say this again: "The results of jury trials are not based on what the reality of certain situations are, they're based on which party can argue their interpretation of that reality."

"Not enough proof'...sure. Do you always side with verdicts like this or just when it serves your point of view?

Didn't think so.

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:06 am

Seriously, I love these threads. Quality sniping, back-biting, bitching, name-calling, and nothing getting accomplished. And I never read a single entry!

Keep up the good work, folks..... :D

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:16 am

I'm offended.

Shouldn't it be "African-American President?"

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:23 am

KHoots wrote:Seriously, I love these threads. Quality sniping, back-biting, bitching, name-calling, and nothing getting accomplished. And I never read a single entry!

Keep up the good work, folks..... :D


All this entertainment and its free!!!

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:57 am

intheghetto wrote:
Fairchild1171 wrote:Key Word "NOT ENOUGH PROOF."


Let me say this again: "The results of jury trials are not based on what the reality of certain situations are, they're based on which party can argue their interpretation of that reality."

"Not enough proof'...sure. Do you always side with verdicts like this or just when it serves your point of view?

Didn't think so.


Do you?

Re: Obama finally speaks as a black president

Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:32 am

jak wrote:Doc
You referred to other members as "bigots" before anyone had even posted on the thread.


Context.

I referred to no other specific members as bigots, but was speaking from the experience of a previous thread destroyed by same just a few days ago. Surely you are capable of connecting the dots.

Thank you.