Off Topic Messages

One of the best ETA performances ever! Truly!

Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:03 pm

One of the best ETA performances ever! Truly! :

phpBB [video]

Re: One of the best ETA performances ever! Truly!

Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:14 pm

Blimey, what an unusual choice - she must be a fan to know about that song!

Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:24 am

Not a bad version,but not something i would ever play again. thanks Eligain

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by keninlincs on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:29 am

WOW! This is a great song from the movie years and many thanks to her that she perform it. I am always happy when serious artists perform songs from Elvis. That is a fine thing. Thanks for posting. K.D. Lang is no ETA! She is an artist of her own.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:30 am

You got to be kidding.. :roll: :facep:

Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:37 am

Winston wrote:WOW! This is a great song from the movie years and many thanks to her that she perform it. I am always happy when serious artists perform songs from Elvis. That is a fine thing. Thanks for posting. K.D. Lang is no ETA! She is an artist of her own.

It was a joke.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:45 am

promiseland wrote: ... You got to be kidding ...

eligain wrote: ... It was a joke ...

:smt102 ???

Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:03 pm

Winston wrote:

eligain wrote: ... It was a joke ...

:smt102 ???

If you spend about 4 seconds watching this moronic ignorant ass(or whatever it is), it is quite obvious it is indeed a joke.
...because it Truly Sucks!

Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:12 pm

Swallow about 10 valiums with a bottle of vodka and it, well...still sucks!

Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:35 pm

Fairchild1171 wrote:Swallow about 10 valiums with a bottle of vodka and it, well...still sucks!

smt172 = K.D. Lang :pee

Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:11 pm

At least KD didn't resort to plastic surgery to resemble the real thing like these two clowns....... :facep: :facep: :shock: :roll:

Plastic surgery ....Epic Fail....Someone hand me a barf bag !

Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:29 pm

I thought that was a pretty good performance of a lesser known Elvis movie song.

Certainly not an ETA performance, just K.D. Lang doing it her way with a few Elvis mannerisms thrown in.

She has a great voice.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:09 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:At least KD didn't resort to plastic surgery to resemble the real thing like these two clowns....... :facep: :facep: :shock: :roll:

Plastic surgery ....Epic Fail....Someone hand me a barf bag !

No, but she does have a bad case of penis envy.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:33 pm

Well, it was done with considerably more enthusiasm than Presley's own version, and shows that as a song it can actually work quite well - it was, of course, long-listed for an Oscar at the time, but never made the short list. Lang appears to have had the song as a regular part of her live act during the late 1980s/early 1990s - she obviously found a song that fitted her country sound of the time and that she could have some fun with..and a did a good job too.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:11 pm

Fairchild1171 wrote: ... Swallow about 10 valiums with a bottle of vodka and it, well...still sucks! ...

1989 Grammy Award — Best Country Vocal Collaboration for "Crying" (shared with Roy Orbison)
1990 Grammy Award — Best Female Country Vocal Performance for "Absolute Torch and Twang"
1993 Grammy Award — Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for "Constant Craving"
Grammy Award nomination — Song of the Year for "Constant Craving"
Grammy Award nomination — Record of the Year for "Constant Craving"
Grammy Award nomination — Album of the Year for "Ingenue"
1994 Grammy Award nomination — Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for "Miss Chatelaine"
1995 Grammy Award nomination — Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals for "Moonglow" (with Tony Bennett)
2003 Grammy Award nomination — Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals for "What A Wonderful World" (with Tony Bennett)
2004 Grammy Award — Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album for "A Wonderful World" (shared with Tony Bennett)
Grammy Award nomination — Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals for "La Vie En Rose" (with Tony Bennett)

That is IMO not bad!

I did not know if she is moronic ignorant. I know not much about her and her career. But I'll Be Back is a totally underrated song from Elvis.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:40 pm

I've seen this a few times before: it's cool.

kd lang is a great singer and this is, in my opinion, a sympathetic and honest interpretation.

I'd rather watch this than many official ETAs, fer sure.

Thanks for posting.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:03 pm

George Smith wrote:I've seen this a few times before: it's cool.

kd lang is a great singer and this is, in my opinion, a sympathetic and honest interpretation.

I'd rather watch this than many official ETAs, fer sure.

Thanks for posting.

Me, too. It appears that Lang used this as an encore. In other words, it was performed as a bit of fun, and intended to be viewed as a bit of fun. K D Lang's party piece, in other words.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:24 pm

George Smith wrote: ... it's cool ... a honest interpretation ... I'd rather watch this than many official ETAs, fer sure ...

Well said!

Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Hope Shawn Klush is not reading this forum......he takes things personal.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:10 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Hope Shawn Klush is not reading this forum......he takes things personal.

I hope he is because he's an ass (clown)! Klush has E's later mannerisms down pretty good but he chooses to perform the worst aspects of Elvis's later concerts (the clowning, the half committed singing, the laziness, plus he's fat to boot!. His voice is sh*t as well. And he does what I hate the most about ETA's; he continues to act like Elvis off stage. It's like Elvis has taken over his personality and the real Shaun Klush is gone forever.

What I meant was a joke, was calling KD a ETA. I have always liked her and found her voice and singing to be very pure. I have always thought she had some Elvis in her style so this song translates well and is 100 times better than any ETA's attempt at it.