Off Topic Messages

The Jack Benny Program:The Lost Episodes DVD

Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:05 am

http://www.amazon.com/Jack-Benny-Progra ... t+Episodes

Editorial Reviews:

The Jack Benny Program and its legendary star are counted among the most dazzling jewels in the crown of American comedy.- From its beginnings as an immensely popular radio program to its heyday on television, the daily trials and tribulations of the beloved comedian kept millions of fans laughing for over 30 years.- Jack, Don, Mary, Eddie "Rochester" Anderson and a constellation of guest stars are all here in this first-of-its-kind DVD collection.

Re: The Jack Benny Program:The Lost Episodes DVD

Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:30 am

elvis4life wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Jack-Benny-Program-Lost-Episodes/dp/B008Z0D5L8

Editorial Reviews:

The Jack Benny Program and its legendary star are counted among the most dazzling jewels in the crown of American comedy.- From its beginnings as an immensely popular radio program to its heyday on television, the daily trials and tribulations of the beloved comedian kept millions of fans laughing for over 30 years.- Jack, Don, Mary, Eddie "Rochester" Anderson and a constellation of guest stars are all here in this first-of-its-kind DVD collection.

Although I question your investment in any of these "link posts" you make, I have ordered this DVD set.

Jack Benny is one of the funniest comedians of all time, and his show was a huge influence on all that followed, not the least of which includes "Seinfeld."

I ordered from the Shout! Factory site, they are offering a 4th, bonus DVD!

The Jack Benny Program: The Lost Episodes with Bonus DVD!
https://www.shoutfactory.com/?q=node/217408

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi Doc,

OK I'll try to answer this as best as I can. For the "link posts" that I make is just my way of informing others that may or may not be aware of some topics occurring elsewhere. I just like helping others to be informed that's all, no biggie there. Of course I'm not looking for anyone to make a comment on any of the posts, that of course is the persons choice to make.

I also agree about Jack Benny being 1 of the funniest comedians of all time too, the Rochester character on the show's funny too. I originally discovered him on Sirius XM's Radio Classics ch. 82: www.siriusxm.com/radioclassics , I listen to other classic radios shows on there like Superman, Abbott & Costello, The Great Gildersleeve & other comedy shows on there.

I originally found out about this DVD on Greg Bell's site: www.gregbellmedia.com & to be fair, yes it did mention the DVD being available via Shout! Factory. But I guess I'm so used to finding things on Amazon, I guess I should've previously discovered the bonus DVD that Shout! has, which unfortunately Amazon don't mention in it's description about any bonus DVD at all. So in fairness, that was my fault there.

Anyhow I hope that explains it right there. Keep up the good work as always & enjoy your weekend.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:27 pm

Thank you for the additional post. It's neat to read your thoughts, please post more often that way!