Off Topic Messages

Re: Regardless Of The Bullies We Appreciate You!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:50 pm

promiseland wrote:
Panhandle Kid wrote:I get the feeling that a lot of people on here don't like him. I can see why. He is very rude and doesn't accept anyone else's opinion except his own. I don't appreciate him for anything at all because he causes disruption and chaos. I'm surprised he hasn't been banned yet. Then again he has followers such as the one who made this post. I really don't see how the bully is being bullied. I'm not trying to be rude, but someone had to say it. I'm sure I'm not going to be liked by many people on here because of what I have said, but it had to be done. :|

You mean banned like you ARE, and now back running your mouth under a new login? You sure seem to know a lot about what goes on here for being a member for only 3 days
Here this is for @sshole! :smt097

Hello @sshole. Ive never been banned.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:58 pm

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:Is Promised land and drjohncarpenter the same person?

HMMMMM - inquiring minds want to know!

:wink:

RKS

That may be true or promiseland may just have a bad case of Charlie Hodge syndrome. :D

Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:02 pm

Panhandle Kid wrote:Hello @sshole. Ive never been banned.

They've let you out of the asylum hole again, Curtis ?

Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:10 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:

I really don't know who he is, but I'm not him. My name is Jacob.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:17 pm

Last edited by luckyjackson1 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:15 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:

Since when did Curtis learn to spell properly?

Also dunno what this fuzz is all about. promiseland, do you have a food poisoning or something?

Everybody just chill, calm down, be cool, lay back, relax and enjoy one of Mike Windgren's mono rips. The title of the song expresses what I think about most of the members here: "Almost In Love". :D

Have a great sunday folks, and carpe diem!

If you don't know what it's about then why stick your nose in it ?
If you must know, it's about a 3 day member who seems to have a problem with Doc, which is obviously a former member just using another one of his multiple logins, until he is once again banned.

Satisfied now?

Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:44 am

I probably shouldn't be commenting on this topic as I have had a few unpleasant run-ins with drjohncarpenter. But the longer I've been here I'm starting to understand the irritation and frustration he may feel sometimes. (Yes, I actually wrote that. Please don't regurgitate your lunch, PMP!) I'm not taking sides but some of the antics on this site are truly appalling. There have been lots of really nasty, negative, bating, bigoted comments on this forum. How does one deal with this sort of behavior? How does one not get irritable? The other day a certain member wrote one of the most illiterate, horrible and mean-spirited comments I've ever read on any forum. (This was on drjohncarpenter's "There's a Brand New Day on the Horizon" topic.) It was quickly deleted but somehow that person is still a member here! (I got banned awhile back for two weeks for saying much, much, MUCH less!)

There's no point discussing who is a bully or who isn't a bully because I think a lot of us are guilty of writing things we later regret in the heat of the moment. This is mostly a really great forum but it can be exasperating to wade through the bile sometimes.

The bottom line is that I truly appreciate drjohncarpenter's posts. No one else knows more about Elvis and his posts are truly enriching. They're always carefully written and beautifully laid out. He can be a bit cantankerous but I've found that if you don't mess with him he won't mess with you. Food for thought. :wink:

I also reserve the right to appreciate and enjoy posts from other prominent members, too. (poormadpeter, rjm, promisedland, Rob, HoneyTalkNelson, TJ, et al.) I don't care whether they all get along or not!

phpBB [video]

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:53 am

Now I know why I dont go into off topic anymore. Geesh! U guys need to go listen to some more of elvis' funny lines in the studio and turn them into deep analytical essays on elvis' fragile psyche

Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:26 am

InheritTheWind wrote:I probably shouldn't be commenting on this topic as I have had a few unpleasant run-ins with drjohncarpenter. But the longer I've been here I'm starting to understand the irritation and frustration he may feel sometimes. (Yes, I actually wrote that. Please don't regurgitate your lunch, PMP!) I'm not taking sides but some of the antics on this site are truly appalling. There have been lots of really nasty, negative, bating, bigoted comments on this forum. How does one deal with this sort of behavior? How does one not get irritable? The other day a certain member wrote one of the most illiterate, horrible and mean-spirited comments I've ever read on any forum. (This was on drjohncarpenter's "There's a Brand New Day on the Horizon" topic.) It was quickly deleted but somehow that person is still a member here! (I got banned awhile back for two weeks for saying much, much, MUCH less!)

There's no point discussing who is a bully or who isn't a bully because I think a lot of us are guilty of writing things we later regret in the heat of the moment. This is mostly a really great forum but it can be exasperating to wade through the bile sometimes.

The bottom line is that I truly appreciate drjohncarpenter's posts. No one else knows more about Elvis and his posts are truly enriching. They're always carefully written and beautifully laid out. He can be a bit cantankerous but I've found that if you don't mess with him he won't mess with you. Food for thought. :wink:

I also reserve the right to appreciate and enjoy posts from other prominent members, too. (poormadpeter, rjm, promisedland, Rob, HoneyTalkNelson, TJ, et al.) I don't care whether they all get along or not!

phpBB [video]

Well said! Ain't nobody perfect, and everybody has days when they just can't hold it in anymore (please, pmp, I didn't mean THAT!), and patience is lost, and something is said that someone might not have said if they hadn't been pushed against the wall. It's something I know from childhood - although I generally kept it all in, and never struck out, or lashed back. Maybe I should have; I don't know. I do know that genuine bullying is like when mosquitoes look for a place to sting: they look for a sensitive spot, and then they draw blood. And then, the scratching ensues!

Put TWO sensitive people together, after a third party has been buzzing around, and all blazes can break out!

But, in a forum for grownups (or at least people who are teenagers) where words are the instruments, some people take the bait, and lash out with either a sharp word, sarcasm, etc. Not just talking about one person, by any means! The secret is to try not to take the bait. Not easy. Because there will be those who get their jollies baiting people they know are sensitive, people they KNOW will lash back. The trouble is, if one is sensitive, one is liable to take the bait. And then say something that others jump on as "mean, cruel," etc., when it's really just lashing out, or lashing back at the bait. Then it goes back and forth . . . Bait that may have placed by a third party! Gets complicated. And he who placed the bait is laughing his butt off seeing a sensitive person, or better: two, or three get all angry and upset at each other.

I wish people would just stay on topic, keep "chat-talk" pleasant and fun, political dialogue reasonable, and none of this would happen. And for heaven's sake, there's a lot of humor here: so enjoy it. LAUGH A LITTLE, PEOPLE! It really helps in a hot summer. And remember: you never know what another person's life is like, or what is going on in their lives. You haven't walked in that man's shoes, or seen things through his eyes . . .

Just cool off, folks, go for a swim or something. (Not if you're from Downunder, of course, and it's snowing! Oh, I'd like to go!) Relax. And post in a good mood, after listening to some great music. Works nice! :D

Have a tolerable summer, folks! (I say that because it's my least favorite time of the year.)

rjm (Inherit: I just watched that video last night on my Big TV; the YouTube app "recommended" it, and it was, of course, a joy! :D)

Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:38 am

promiseland wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:

Also dunno what this fuzz is all about. promiseland, do you have a food poisoning or something?

Everybody just chill, calm down, be cool, lay back, relax and enjoy one of Mike Windgren's mono rips. The title of the song expresses what I think about most of the members here: "Almost In Love". :D

If you must know, it's about a 3 day member who seems to have a problem with Doc, which is obviously a former member just using another one of his multiple logins, until he is once again banned.

Satisfied now?

Well... ummmm... err... I'm just bored, that's all. I canceled my post and withdraw from this thread now.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:30 pm

promiseland wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:

Satisfied now?

I've never been banned. I'll be honest though, I have another account. I quit using it because i got mad. It was episthebest. That's the only other account I've had.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:01 am

I was planning never to use this anymore, but some b@stard reported me. I only wanted the other one because I made an ass out of myself on this one. I'm not the one that makes multiple post. It makes me wonder why the jackass this post is about hasn't been banned yet. It's these friends that really make me embarrassed to be a fan.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:55 am

episthebest wrote:I was planning never to use this anymore, but some b@stard reported me. I only wanted the other one because I made an ass out of myself on this one. I'm not the one that makes multiple post. It makes me wonder why the jackass this post is about hasn't been banned yet. It's these friends that really make me embarrassed to be a fan.

Well that's a ridiculous reason to create another login name just cause you made an ass out of yourself.

It seems there is a gang of members with nothing better to do who are trying their best to get The Doc banned, nothing will please them more than to see this happen.

The immaturity of some members is astonishing. :roll:

Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:37 am

Bodie wrote:
episthebest wrote:I was planning never to use this anymore, but some b@stard reported me. I only wanted the other one because I made an ass out of myself on this one. I'm not the one that makes multiple post. It makes me wonder why the jackass this post is about hasn't been banned yet. It's these friends that really make me embarrassed to be a fan.

Well that's a ridiculous reason to create another login name just cause you made an ass out of yourself.

It seems there is a gang of members with nothing better to do who are trying their best to get The Doc banned, nothing will please them more than to see this happen.

The immaturity of some members is astonishing. :roll:

I agree Bodie.
And at least one good thing has come out of this topic, I caught episthebest aka Panhandle Kid
using multiple logins and is now banned, and what's really astonishing is they always give themselves away by showing so much hatred toward DJC when they only have a handful of posts.
Another funny thing is that about 99% of the Doc haters on this forum are all the ones who have been banned, or have multiple logins --> go figure.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:52 pm

"InheritTheWind:"
The bottom line is that I truly appreciate drjohncarpenter's posts.[/b] No one else knows more about Elvis and his posts are truly enriching. They're always carefully written and beautifully laid out. He can be a bit cantankerous but I've found that if you don't mess with him he won't mess with you. Food for thought.

You’ve put in nicely , yet it’s not quite what happens a lot of the time.

Over the years, there have been many posts expressing polite concerns about DJC’s style – a lot of them praise him for his high value but point out that he needs to behave too. So, plenty of posts have given a balanced view of his approach in discussions. These tend to be more constructive posts than ones that simply praise him and put down those who raise any concerns about him.

Perhaps, if some posters do nothing but praise him, then more balance is needed from their perspective. I used to say “no smoke without fire” but after learning that people do make things up, the quote became unreliable some of the time. However, there is smoke and fire on FECC. Highly protective supporters of DJC, could you not acknowledge that fact and bring some fairness into the discussion?

DJC even pursues his mates when he wants to protect a cherished view of a singer or band or FTD strategy. I’ve seen one of his alleged sidekicks tell him to “back off” and another to turn a little unpleasant with him for a few posts. FECC members have commented on those rare turn of events, both in disbelief and mock horror. As someone said, it was like the world turned upside down.

But that also has to be admirable. He stands up for himself when many others are more likely to band together at all times, always agreeing with each other about everything. That loss of independent thinking is not great.

He seems to have known for a long time that he is at the centre of the storm, hence his tongue-in cheek signatures which play upon the reputation. Good or bad, attention - it all works for him.

And it is humorous to see him quote a balanced post about his manner, but with just the bit that he agrees with, which is usually a sentence that praises him. How many people go back to the original post to see what was actually said and how it was said?

But, he is essential to this forum, because he challenges our pre-conceived ideas. That’s got to be good for all of us. Now he will probably just quote this sentence if he replies!

And that’s the other thing. Of the all the posts complaining about him and his steamed-up approach to some discussions, he hardly ever enters into them himself. He only responds in the middle of a thread about something else, so contributing , along with the others, to the thread going elsewhere.

But, as someone said, even he might be embarrassed about this latest thread.- he was going nowhere and doesn't seem to be a fan of sickly sweet adoration.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:15 pm

Suds wrote:"InheritTheWind:"
The bottom line is that I truly appreciate drjohncarpenter's posts.[/b] No one else knows more about Elvis and his posts are truly enriching. They're always carefully written and beautifully laid out. He can be a bit cantankerous but I've found that if you don't mess with him he won't mess with you. Food for thought.

You’ve put in nicely , yet it’s not quite what happens a lot of the time.

Over the years, there have been many posts expressing polite concerns about DJC’s style – a lot of them praise him for his high value but point out that he needs to behave too. So, plenty of posts have given a balanced view of his approach in discussions. These tend to be more constructive posts than ones that simply praise him and put down those who raise any concerns about him.

Perhaps, if some posters do nothing but praise him, then more balance is needed from their perspective. I used to say “no smoke without fire” but after learning that people do make things up, the quote became unreliable some of the time. However, there is smoke and fire on FECC. Highly protective supporters of DJC, could you not acknowledge that fact and bring some fairness into the discussion?

DJC even pursues his mates when he wants to protect a cherished view of a singer or band or FTD strategy. I’ve seen one of his alleged sidekicks tell him to “back off” and another to turn a little unpleasant with him for a few posts. FECC members have commented on those rare turn of events, both in disbelief and mock horror. As someone said, it was like the world turned upside down.

But that also has to be admirable. He stands up for himself when many others are more likely to band together at all times, always agreeing with each other about everything. That loss of independent thinking occurs in others.

He seems to have known for a long time that he is at the centre of the storm, hence his tongue-in cheek signatures which play upon the reputation. Good or bad, attention - it all works for him.

And it is humorous to see him quote a balanced post about his manner, but with just the bit that he agrees with, which is usually a sentence that praises him. How many people go back to the original post to see what was actually said and how it was said?

But, he is essential to this forum, because he challenges our pre-conceived ideas. That’s got to be good for all of us. Now he will probably just quote this sentence if he replies!

And that’s the other thing. Of the all the posts complaining about him and his steamed-up approach to some discussions, he hardly ever enters into them himself. He only responds in the middle of a thread about something else, so contributing , along with the others, to the thread going elsewhere.

But, as someone said, even he might be embarrassed about this latest thread.- he was going nowhere and doesn't seem to be a fan of sickly sweet adoration.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:05 pm

The Pirate wrote:I wonder if Dr John Carpenter feels as embarrassed reading this thread as I do?

Im gettin embarrassed for him !!! here why does nobody start a kiss ass thread for me !!! :lol:

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:30 am

rocknroller wrote:
The Pirate wrote:I wonder if Dr John Carpenter feels as embarrassed reading this thread as I do?

Im gettin embarrassed for him !!! here why does nobody start a kiss ass thread for me !!! :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77542

:wink:

Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:44 pm

episthebest/ Panhandle Kid wrote:I only wanted the other (log in name) because I made an ass out of myself on this one.

Some things, it seems, never change.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:44 pm

Mike S wrote:
episthebest/ Panhandle Kid wrote:I only wanted the other (log in name) because I made an ass out of myself on this one.

Yes, you are correct Mike. Why do you think people do this ? Do you personally think that there are others on this board with multiple log in names ?. What are your views on this ghastly deed ?

Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:08 pm

daylon wrote:
Mike S wrote:

Do you personally think that there are others on this board with multiple log in names ?

What are your views on this ghastly deed ?

Almost certainly and given this fact it is hardly surprising that they cause trouble.

My view is the same as any other reasonable person....that the sooner they reveal themselves and are dispatched the better. The Moderators obviously agree which is why this behaviour is forbidden in the Guidelines.

After all, if anyone holds any particular view, it is up to them to explain it and win round others who may disagree through the power of persuasive argument, not by resorting to petty feuds or namecalling.....and if you can't take the heat, then stay out of the kitchen in the first place.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:20 pm

Mike S wrote:
daylon wrote:
Mike S wrote:

Do you personally think that there are others on this board with multiple log in names ?

What are your views on this ghastly deed ?

Almost certainly and given this fact it is hardly surprising that they cause trouble.

My view is the same as any other reasonable person....that the sooner they reveal themselves and are dispatched the better. The Moderators obviously agree which is why this behaviour is forbidden in the Guidelines.

After all, if anyone holds any particular view, it is up to them to explain it and win round others who may disagree through the power of persuasive argument, not by resorting to petty feuds or namecalling.....and if you can't take the heat, then stay out of the kitchen in the first place.

Well said Mike and I agree :smt023

Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:55 pm

InheritTheWind wrote:The bottom line is that I truly appreciate drjohncarpenter's posts. No one else knows more about Elvis and his posts are truly enriching.

Whilst this enrichment appears to have rubbed off on your writing style; there are a number of contributors to FECC who have a far deeper breadth of knowledge on Elvis Presley's career.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:25 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
InheritTheWind wrote:The bottom line is that I truly appreciate drjohncarpenter's posts. No one else knows more about Elvis and his posts are truly enriching.

Whilst this enrichment appears to have rubbed off on your writing style; there are a number of contributors to FECC who have a far deeper breadth of knowledge on Elvis Presley's career.

That may be true but I have yet to see it. I haven't been here that long so I'll keep reading with an open mind.

elvisalisellers wrote:Whilst this enrichment appears to have rubbed off on your writing style

Huh?

Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:23 pm

InheritTheWind wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:

That may be true but I have yet to see it. I haven't been here that long so I'll keep reading with an open mind.

Seek and you will find.

elvisalisellers wrote:Whilst this enrichment appears to have rubbed off on your writing style

InheritTheWind wrote:Huh?

You write in a very similar fashion... key words and all.

Must be just a coincidence.

P.S. Is that Strummer in your av'?

There's a couple of keen Clash fans here, IIRC.