Off Topic Messages

BBC Seaside Special: Lulu does "Raised On Rock" (ABBA guest)

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Whilst I had seen ABBA's 1975 appearance on the BBC's "Seaside Special" numerous times, I've never really felt the need to watch the entire show [coincidentally broadcast on August 16, 1975].

But after giving it a go [the uploader incorrectly states it's from '76], it came as a bit of a surprise to see Lulu perform "Raised On Rock" on the very same show!

She may well be pulling from Elvis' recording [a minor U.K. hit] or possibly the Helen Reddy version [she repeats the "diggin' the Stones" line]. Either way, she does a pretty good job on it actually.

But what does come across in spades, is the wide chasm in talent and charisma of ABBA [who perform sparkling versions of "Waterloo" and "S.O.S."] in relation to all the other acts that appear.

phpBB [video]

15:02 - Lulu (Raised On Rock)
20:30 - ABBA (Waterloo - live vocals edit)
22:22 - ABBA (S.O.S. - live vocals)

(If interested, the link to part 2 follows part 1).
Last edited by elvisalisellers on Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: BBC Seaside Special: Lulu does "Raised On Rock" (ABBA gu

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:39 pm

From Crayons....To Perfume.....To Being "Raised On Rock". Not a bad rendition from Miss Lulu. Those 'animal' outfits Frida & Agnetha had on are simply hot-tastic. !!

Re: BBC Seaside Special: Lulu does "Raised On Rock" (ABBA gu

Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:57 pm

Interesting as I like the music of Lulu and got several of her LP's and CD's but not much video.