Off Topic Messages

James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano) Dead at 51

Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:57 am

Just came on the news now.

I don't know the cause, though they say possible heart attack. He was in Italy, attending an industry event with his family. Had a young child.

More info will come.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Re: James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano) Dead at 51

Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:17 am

"Whaddya gonna do..."

Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:41 am

The timing of this is a little strange for me. I *just* in the last month or so became a pretty big fan of The Sopranos and became interested in Gandolfini as an actor.

When The Sopranos was in it's original run I had no interest in the show. I wasn't interested and just sick of all the hype it was getting. Man, was I wrong. One of the things that I've discovered about The Sopranos in addition to the great writing was the nearly flawless group of actors that made up the characters of the show. I'm not real quick to talk about 'great actors' as I think there are fewer out there then we are lead to believe. But the cast of The Sopranos were *great actors*. James Gandolfini was so incredibly convincing in the role of Tony. Just a few weeks ago I watched some of his appearance on The Actor's Studio. He seemed to be a very unpretentious person, and one of the few actors out there that wasn't just in it for the celebrity. What a loss. This man was really one of the best American actors of the last 20 years. It's great that he was able to get the role of his life, but I'm sure he had more in him. RIP sir.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:09 am

Just 51. At least he was able to enjoy being famous and successful in a profession where most never get there. May he R.I.P.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:47 am

intheghetto wrote:Man, was I wrong.

That would be very appropriate for your signature.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:20 am

Such a great actor, and 51, my age...way to young to die. R.I.P. James.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:02 am

intheghetto wrote: I *just* in the last month or so became a pretty big fan of The Sopranos and became interested in Gandolfini as an actor.

More embarrassing than that, before the show premiered I kept hearing
about the Sopranos. I thought it was about singers. Now who's going to
watch that?

It's very sad to hear of Gandolfini's death. Sometimes the Soprano's were
the only reason to subscribe to HBO. I picked up the box set of the show
for my brother a few Christmas' ago.

He will always be Tony.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:57 am

Damn! Everybody's goin' away...

I never got to watch "The Sopranos" but my brother told me it was one of the best TV shows. I might finally watch it now.

R. I. P. James

Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:12 am

Damn that's sad! i only just watched WELCOME TO THE RILEYS two days ago for the second time, in which he's quite excellent. Poor bloke :(

Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:31 am

Sad to hear this today,he was excellent in "The Sopranos"

Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:51 pm

Blue River wrote:
intheghetto wrote:Man, was I wrong.

That would be very appropriate for your signature.

:lol:

Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:54 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:Damn! Everybody's goin' away...

I never got to watch "The Sopranos" but my brother told me it was one of the best TV shows. I might finally watch it now.

R. I. P. James

What other shows have you heard was good, but refused to watch without a death in the cast?

Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:30 pm

This is truly sad news... James was a fine actor and my wife and I never missed an episode of the Sopranos.
Hollywood has lost a great talent and is much poorer for it... he had so much more to give.

RIP James Gandolfini 1961-2013
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:33 pm

Greatest show ever. Horrible, sad news. He was a nice man, met him several times. RIP

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Terrible news, Loved the Sopranos, the first couple of seasons were the best thing I ever seen on tv. On a selfish note I feel incredibly sad that I will never see another film with him in it. Appeared in some of my favourite movies, not least of which was his blistering performance in the late Tony Scott movie True Romance. Sad day indeed.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:57 am

Well, this one hit hard. One of my favorite shows. One of my favorite actors. Sounds like he went like Elvis. His son found him in the bathroom.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:05 am

promiseland wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:Damn! Everybody's goin' away...

R. I. P. James

What other shows have you heard was good, but refused to watch without a death in the cast?

Huh? What are you trying to say? :shock:

I just never found the time as I checked out some other shows like "Dexter" and most of all "Breaking Bad". Also watched a lot of movies, too and went to the cinema to check out some flicks. In between I listen to a lot of music, go to work and take care of my son. So I'll have to cut back on some things. :wink: