Off Topic Messages

Need LP Rip

Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:17 am

Does anyone have an LP rip from this 1976 Looney Tunes K-Tel Album?
Some of the tracks that were released on this LP were un-edited and alternate takes not released anywhere to this day.

K-Tel International (USA), Inc. ‎– NU 9140

Jerry Samuels – They're Coming To Take Me Away
Coasters, The – Along Came Jones
Alan Sherman – Hello Mudduh, Hello Fudduh!
Rivingtons, The – The Bird's The World
Ed "Kookie" Byrnes – Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
David Seville – The Witch Doctor
Buzz Clifford – Baby Sittin' Boogie
Nervous Norvus – Transfusion
Joe Perkins – Little Eeefin Annie
Lonnie Donegan – My Old Man's A Dustman
Charlie Drake – My Boomerang Won't Come Back
Ray Stevens – The Streak
Harv Norman – Rubber Duckie
Tiny Tim – Tip-Toe Thru' The Tulips With Me
Coasters, The – Charlie Brown
Nervous Norvus – Ape Call
Hustlers, The – Shaving Cream
Rivingtons, The – Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow
Jumpin' Gene Simmons – Haunted House
Sam The Sham & The Pharaohs – Little Red Riding Hood
John Zacherle – Dinner With Drac
Suzan Christie – I Love Onions
Ernie K-Doe – Mother-In-Law
David Seville, Chipmunks, The – Chipmunk Song

Re: Need LP Rip

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:38 pm

The alternate takes may actually be later re-recordings. I mean, it's a K-TEL record!

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:48 pm

I agree. All K-Tel compilations are re-makes, and not alternate takes. Must be a label copyright issue thing.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:41 pm

Sometimes it even goes as far as stating "this re-recording features at least 1 member of the original group".

Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:34 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:The alternate takes may actually be later re-recordings. I mean, it's a K-TEL record!

No Doc one example is Charlie Drakes "My Boomerang Won't Come Back" "Black In The Face" that was mistakenly released on this LP. The song was redone immediately after it's release in 61 because of "I've waved the thing all over the place/practiced til I was black in the face/I'm the big disgrace of the Aborigine race/My boomerang won't come back!" After the BBC refused to play the tune, a new version was recorded, substituting "blue in the face"

The 2 Coasters tracks were also never released as they were on this LP as these were recorded in 76 without permission by the 2 original members that were not part of these recordings who actually had the K-tel Album pulled.

And an Alternate take (Not a remake) of Jumpin' Gene Simmons Haunted House was used by mistake by K-tel on this LP. A spliced version can be head on The Anthology Haunted House: The Complete Jumpin' Gene Simmons . Gene began his recording career with Sun Records in 1958.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:35 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:I agree. All K-Tel compilations are re-makes, and not alternate takes. Must be a label copyright issue thing.

You are wrong The remakes were only used when Stereo tracks were not available.