Off Topic Messages

Trevor McDonald in Memphis.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:40 pm

British newsreader Trevor McDonald explores the mighty Mississippi in this interesting series about the legendary river traveling along and stopping off at famous cities.

This episode is Memphis.

Although there are parts about Elvis its not just about Elvis which is why i placed in the off-topic section.

For those who haven't seen it, enjoy.

http://youtu.be/YDdTpZcUCA4

Re: Trevor McDonald in Memphis.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:10 pm

I have this episode saved on my Sky planner..........lol

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:50 pm

Good old Sir Trev, always great to see him on TV.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:57 am

londonflash wrote:Good old Sir Trev, always great to see him on TV.

Yes, he is a class act, as are both Jim & Barbara Smith who are both so warm and gracious in person.

It's a terrific episode with I thoroughly enjoyed when I first saw it, evidently while in Memphis Sir Trevor didn't go to Graceland, I found that rather odd.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:37 pm

Julian Grant wrote:

Yes, he is a class act, as are both Jim & Barbara Smith who are both so warm and gracious in person.

It's a terrific episode with I thoroughly enjoyed when I first saw it, evidently while in Memphis Sir Trevor didn't go to Graceland, I found that rather odd.

It is odd! Maybe his schedule didn't allow or something but still, it's strange that he wouldn't make time. Having said that, if i were to star in a TV series about the Mersey, i wouldn't be tempted to visit any of The Beatles' houses.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:16 pm

Julian Grant wrote:

He may not have had permission to film inside the grounds of Graceland or in the mansion.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:56 pm

Bodie wrote:
Julian Grant wrote:

He may not have had permission to film inside the grounds of Graceland or in the mansion.

Yes. Maybe he already visited as a tourist.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:22 am

jungleroombear wrote:
Bodie wrote:
Julian Grant wrote:

Yes. Maybe he already visited as a tourist.

I hope you, I'd like to think he visited.