Off Topic Messages

What a letdown from ElvisAustralia!

Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:26 am

What a letdown from ElvisAustralia! They have used a picture of my first avatar (FTD-LP) on her section of releases from Follow That Dream Records. I have done the LP with the FTD-Logo in Gimp 2.8 and used it her as avatar. Then I changed it because I don’t want become trouble with copyrights. Now the Australians used it on there website.

I’m very disappointed they don’t ask me! :evil:

Re: What a letdown from ElvisAustralia!

Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:45 am

A while back they reproduced a ~5,000 word article from my website in full without asking. A paragraph and "Read more..." link to the source would have been more appropriate.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:47 am

Winston wrote:What a letdown from ElvisAustralia! They have used a picture of my first avatar (FTD-LP) on her section of releases from Follow That Dream Records. I have done the LP with the FTD-Logo in Gimp 2.8 and used it her as avatar. Then I changed it because I don’t want become trouble with copyrights. Now the Australians used it on there website.

Welcome to the Elvis fan world where stealing ...eh..... copying is a rule.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:15 pm

I don't think this is the first time ...they around here

Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:16 pm

TJ wrote:A while back they reproduced a ~5,000 word article from my website in full without asking. A paragraph and "Read more..." link to the source would have been more appropriate.

Geez, that's really too much.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:19 pm

I'm thinking we should ring their doorbell and run.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:29 pm

Rob wrote:I'm thinking we should ring their doorbell and run.

Here in the UK, Rob, thats called "Knock Down Ginger" but Ive got no idea why.........

Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:46 pm

Winston wrote:What a letdown from ElvisAustralia! They have used a picture of my first avatar (FTD-LP) on her section of releases from Follow That Dream Records. I have done the LP with the FTD-Logo in Gimp 2.8 and used it her as avatar. Then I changed it because I don’t want become trouble with copyrights. Now the Australians used it on there website.

That website is well-known for taking Elvis material (photos, articles, etc.) from anywhere on the internet, and acting like it originated with them.

It's despicable, but they aren't going to change now.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:20 pm

Rob wrote:I'm thinking we should ring their doorbell and run.

or accidently leave some puppy poop on their doorstep.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:28 am

I can live with that. This is Elvis-World. Everything is for everyone. :lol:

Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:39 am

In protest I'll never eat a Bloomin Onion again.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:32 pm

Winston wrote:I can live with that. This is Elvis-World. Everything is for everyone. :lol:

LOL!

Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:00 pm

Winston wrote:I can live with that. This is Elvis-World. Everything is for everyone. :lol:

You will get used to it. The "Picture Section" of this very site is full of copyrighted photos posted with no permission from any of the photographers or the actual owners of the copyrighted material. It's all good tho :roll: Apparently?

Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:25 pm

memfisking wrote:

You will get used to it. The "Picture Section" of this very site is full of copyrighted photos posted with no permission from any of the photographers or the actual owners of the copyrighted material. It's all good tho :roll: Apparently?

Your comment has nothing to do with the topic.

But it's fair to note everyone posting those "copyrighted" photos is self-serving, and having a huge payday. ;-)

Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:31 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
memfisking wrote:

And everyone posting those "copyrighted" photos is self-serving, and having a huge payday. ;-)

Doc, just know that your 400th "thanked" came from me. Well deserved. Congrats !!!! :-D :smt002

Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:33 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Doc, just know that your 400th "thanked" came from me. Well deserved. Congrats !!!! :-D :smt002

It is an honor and a pleasure!