Off Topic Messages

I had a series of TIA's this weekend.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:01 pm

Hello all, i am noticing i am having trouble to exactly and correctly say things, on here too. I am tired beyond belief. The reason for this is that last weekend, Sunday, i had a series of TIA's. I was already in a health care center so they were quick to jump on it.
But i tell you, it was nasty to live through.

Please lite a candle, play or sing an Elvis song for me, or better yet, in your own way and form, please say a prayer for those who love me and then for me. Thanks.
Last edited by epf on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: I had a series of TIA's this weekend.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:07 pm

epf wrote:Hello all, i am noticing i am having trouble to exactly and correctly say things, on here too. I am tired beyond belief. The reason for this is that last weekend, Sunday, i had a series of TIA's. I was already in a health care center so the were quick to jump on it.
But i tell you, it was nasty to live through.

Please lite a candle, play or sing an Elvis song for me, or better yet, in your own way an form, please say a prayer for those who love me and then for me. Thanks.

Hope you feel better soon. Treatment has come on leaps and bounds over the years, so here's hoping you're back to health soon.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:26 pm

That can't be nice to go through. Good luck with the treatment. What is the long term prognosis?

Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:27 am

I hope you recover quickly. One third pf patients with TIA go on to have a stroke within the year.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:51 am

Sorry to hear this.Hope you recover.I send my best wishes to your way.

norrie

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:02 am

Jove wrote:I hope you recover quickly. One third pf patients with TIA go on to have a stroke within the year.

What becomes of the other 66%?

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:07 am

Jove wrote:I hope you recover quickly. One third pf patients with TIA go on to have a stroke within the year.

I'm not sure that's cheering him up, Jove!

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:11 am

Great point. Some never cease to amaze.

Time to accentuate the positive, not dwell on the negative. Best wishes......

Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:23 am

jungleroombear wrote:That can't be nice to go through. Good luck with the treatment. What is the long term prognosis?

I dont know long it wii take to take down. I was diognoses with APS, with SLE as the underlying underlying cause. This is the second time i am experiencing now, and it was way more scary.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:05 am

Hang in there.

I had a series last year and have recovered to some extent so long as I take life a little easier.

It did eventually have a minor stroke which makes my left hand "jump" every so often.

Modern drugs are the answer although you might find it may take time to get the mix correct

"happy pills" will lesson your worries and stress.

All the best

Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:35 am

epf wrote: please say a prayer for those who love me and then for me. Thanks.

I just said a prayer for you.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:23 am

I don't do prayin,but I do send you my best wishes Ronald

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:24 pm

epf wrote:
jungleroombear wrote:That can't be nice to go through. Good luck with the treatment. What is the long term prognosis?

I dont know long it wii take to take down. I was diognoses with APS, with SLE as the underlying underlying cause. This is the second time i am experiencing now, and it was way more scary.

Hang in there. It won't be long before such medical issues are resolved and in the meantime, each day is a new opportunity to accept, learn and grow through your experiences. Kiwi has some good advice! :smt006

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:32 pm

KiwiAlan wrote:Hang in there.

I had a series last year and have recovered to some extent so long as I take life a little easier.

It did eventually have a minor stroke which makes my left hand "jump" every so often.

Modern drugs are the answer although you might find it may take time to get the mix correct

"happy pills" will lesson your worries and stress.

All the best

Does that explain your absence from the forum recently Alan? Good luck with your condition and watch out for that pesky left hand... it sounds like it's full of suprises!

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:39 pm

I had one about 7 years ago that concerned me a little. Entire body went numb on the left side for a couple of minutes. It passed and I have never experienced it again. On my way to work this morning, Sirius / XM played Paralyzed on Elvis Radio....but I don't recommend that you listen to that one if you're wanting to hear Elvis.

Good luck, man. You'll be fine.