Off Topic Messages

Lets Say You Just Won the Lotto

Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:46 pm

So, recently, there was apparently a single winner for the massive powerball jack pot lotto of around 590 million..

What would you consider doing that would dramatically alter your life? Buying a new house and car doesnt count, but perhaps opening up a solar cell manufacturing plant would.

I'd buy out all the Elvis Presley impersonator costume factories :D
Last edited by adamreportingin on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Lets Say You Just Won the Lotto

Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:00 pm

adamreportingin wrote:So, recently, there was apparently a single winner for the massive powerball jack pot lotto of around 590 million..

What would you consider doing that would dramatically alter your life? Buying a new house and car doesnt count, but perhaps opening up a solar cell manufacturing plant would.

I would buy out all available Elvis Presley items not in the EPE archives, and add a room onto the house that would serve as my Elvis shrine.

I would give $25 million to help Parkinson's Research to help cure Michael J. Fox.

I would give $25 million to help stem cell research.

I would buy three DeLoreans - one life size normal DeLorean, one life size Gold DeLorean, one life size BTTF DeLorean - yes, a DeLorean DOES count. :)

I would...hmmm...I have to think about it a bit more.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:16 pm

Stick it in a savings account and live off the interest.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:10 pm

adamreportingin wrote:So, recently, there was apparently a single winner for the massive powerball jack pot lotto of around 590 million..

I'd buy a nice large house with enough space for my collection.
I'd buy the latest flatscreen set with 5.1 surround sound plus blu-ray player.
I figure roughly that'd make me 90 million poorer.
A huge fridge that stores enpugh food for a month or three so I do not have to go shopping every day.
Then I'd give 25 million to each of my siblings and 25 million to each of their offspring. That'd make me 250 million poorer.
The 250 million I'd put in a savings account and live off the interest, which at 4% would be 10 million a year.
There's money needed for maintenance of the house and paying taxes.
It would be nice to be able to help people out when, like for example the kindergarten, needs some thousands and you can happily give it to them.
Now all you need to do is tell me where I can buy the winning ticket. :P

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:06 pm

I would set up a fund that youngsters from poor and disadvantaged backgrounds could apply to in order to help them either with their college/university education, in order to give them a better chance in moving forward in life. The student maintenance loan in the Uk is a meagre £5000 a year - fine if you have the bank of mum and dad to fall back on, but some kids don't have that privilege. That 10 million interest that Zolder mentions would give 5000 students an extra 2000 per year to help forward themselves - and that's without breaking into any of the actual win at all. That would be my starting point.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:13 pm

First of all I'd buy all my missing FTD's... :D