Off Topic Messages

More Bad News......:'(

Fri May 31, 2013 5:01 pm

I'm just about at the end of my rope...I just NOW found out that a member of the band I'm in has brain cancer. However, I don't know what stage it's in. This lady had just gotten through having radiation and chemo for breast cancer!!

I'm really angry...asking SO MANY questions...ever since late last year, things just seem to have gone downhill for me: Breakup; losing my ride/way to church (haven't been in seven months); losing at least five friends within a months time...what ELSE is going to happen?!?!?!?!?

For the ones who are here that pray, please pray for this lady. She's as sweet as can be (a little too talkative during rehearsals sometimes) and is just SO friendly with everyone.

I...just...don't...know...what...to...say...anymore...:'(

Re: More Bad News......:'(

Fri May 31, 2013 5:41 pm

God showing you His love

Fri May 31, 2013 10:09 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:God showing you His love

That's not funny......

Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:13 am

Tony Trout wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:God showing you His love

That's not funny......

It's not funny, but it's worth thinking about though. Prayers won't cure her - good medical care will. Along with support from good friends like you. Good luck.

Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:30 am

Bill Tanner wrote:It's not funny, but it's worth thinking about though. Prayers won't cure her - good medical care will.

What you'll now be told is that it's prayers which caused the doctors and scientists to discover the cures in the first place. You won't win, so if I were you I'd give up now.

Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:03 pm

Tony

You sound like a great guy, but you need to take a look at your posts and the general theme. No one is questioning you have gone through hurt but it's every day. Everybody hurts. You mention you are so hurt over this lady's situation then have a little dig. You also say you have lost your ride to church ... I thought you'd just received your driving permit? You start a thread over being banned from a site that most people neither know nor care about which may have meant a lot to you but I think you need to take a look at what you post. Stick to Elvis non coffin related material. :D

That said, I sincerely wish you well.

Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:07 pm

There are no guarantees for any of us. Each day is a new beginning, until the last day.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:44 am

Once someone has one kind of cancer, it can reappear somewhere else. In other words, it's still the same disease she had.

Of course, I'll say a prayer.

And, while bad things come in clumps, so do good things. So, what else? Maybe something good. Sometimes we just go through real bad patches in life. It's part of the package.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:34 am

Delboy wrote:Tony

You sound like a great guy, but you need to take a look at your posts and the general theme. No one is questioning you have gone through hurt but it's every day. Everybody hurts. You mention you are so hurt over this lady's situation then have a little dig. You also say you have lost your ride to church ... I thought you'd just received your driving permit? You start a thread over being banned from a site that most people neither know nor care about which may have meant a lot to you but I think you need to take a look at what you post. Stick to Elvis non coffin related material. :D

That said, I sincerely wish you well.

You are so right. It is starting to sound just to grab attention. Things happen in our lives, there is no need to come over here and tell every single one, imo.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:49 am

Tony, I'm a bit surprised by some of the cold hearted reactions over here.
You seem to go through a tough time with ongoing bad news.

I wish you all the best and I hope this forum will offer support and just ignore reactions from people who probably have a very easy life.

Take care, Robert

Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Sorry to hear this. It seems the fight against cancer will never end but we must keep trying.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:01 pm

Robert wrote:Tony, I'm a bit surprised by some of the cold hearted reactions over here.

I wish you all the best and I hope this forum will offer support and just ignore reactions from people who probably have a very easy life.

Take care, Robert

FYI I guess many people here lost friends and family members the past years but do not come here whining constantly about it like Tony does.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:28 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:FYI I guess many people here lost friends and family members the past years but do not come here whining constantly about it like Tony does.

Hmmm...a little harsh? If you're thinking you won't like what might be posted in a thread--which you certainly should have been able to discern based on the title--maybe it'd be best to not visit said thread?

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:14 pm

KHoots wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:FYI I guess many people here lost friends and family members the past years but do not come here whining constantly about it like Tony does.

Hmmm...a little harsh? If you're thinking you won't like what might be posted in a thread--which you certainly should have been able to discern based on the title--maybe it'd be best to not visit said thread?

Sometimes you only see what's posted when you read the threat.
Skipping Tony Trout posts would not please his constant demand for attention.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:18 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
KHoots wrote:

Sometimes you only see what's posted when you read the threat.
Skipping Tony Trout posts would not please his constant demand for attention.

A lot of people post around their personal challenges over here, in the off topic section, in case you've missed it.
And that's what makes it a great place.

But sorry to hear it's bothering you, "zolderopruiming"

Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:30 pm

Robert wrote:A lot of people post around their personal challenges over here, in the off topic section, in case you've missed it.
And that's what makes it a great place.

I have no problem with people posting these things, but when every couple of days there's another "personal challenge" by the same person, it looks more like craving for attention.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:42 pm

I get your point but maybe someone is looking for support here.
I'm fine with that.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:04 pm

Robert wrote:I get your point but maybe someone is looking for support here.
I'm fine with that.

In the past people supported him and he was not happy with the answers people gave so he yelled havoc and wanted the thread to be removed.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:17 pm

There's a difference between losing friends or family and light weight issues such as being banned from a forum or regrettable topics we sometimes see.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:20 am

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
Robert wrote:Tony, I'm a bit surprised by some of the cold hearted reactions over here.

Take care, Robert

FYI I guess many people here lost friends and family members the past years but do not come here whining constantly about it like Tony does.

The topic title was absolutely clear, and no one forced you to open it.

But you did. And, once you did, you could have closed it. But you didn't.

No one forces anyone to read topics that annoy them, much less call it "whining" when someone has had a streak of bad luck. If that's bothering you, go to another thread.

Because when he lost his friend Hoss Howard, a country & western performer, someone recognized Howard, and appreciated at least finding out what had happened.

This lady is a band member, and there are other musicians here. Perhaps some have experienced similar trials. If not, avoid the thread. It's well-labeled.

And, if I were you, I wouldn't expect too much support if you ran into troubles of your own. The love you take=the love you make.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:15 pm

rjm wrote:The topic title was absolutely clear, and no one forced you to open it.

Exactly. That's the point I was making. Message boarding is pretty simple, in my opinion. If there is a thread that I know might piss me off, I don't open it. That's the beauty of the Alizee thread. Guaranteed bliss!

Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:31 pm

KHoots wrote:
rjm wrote:The topic title was absolutely clear, and no one forced you to open it.

Exactly. That's the point I was making. Message boarding is pretty simple, in my opinion. If there is a thread that I know might piss me off, I don't open it. That's the beauty of the Alizee thread. Guaranteed bliss!

Well said.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:47 pm

KHoots wrote:

Not for our little whiner, who wanted that threat to be removed because it conflicts with his religion.
We have to consider his wishes but he neglects ours.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:57 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
KHoots wrote:

Not for our little whiner, who wanted that threat to be removed because it conflicts with his religion.

Why even open the thread when you already know that you don't like him and what he has to say ?

Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:23 pm

rizzy56 wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:
KHoots wrote:

Why even open the thread when you already know that you don't like him and what he has to say ?

Because "more bad news" might be that EPE closes down, FTD will no longer release CD's, EIC will be released, et cetera.