Permanently Banned From The RareElvisPresley Forum! WHY??

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Tony Trout
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Permanently Banned From The RareElvisPresley Forum! WHY??

Post by Tony Trout »

Ok...a long while back, I was friends with Terry who ran the "RareElvisPresley" site (messageboard). Well, to my complete astonishment, I come to the boards a few months ago and I found out that some idiot had permanently banned me AFTER I had already been made a Moderator & Admin!

I'd sure LOVE to know who the person was because I was banned UNFAIRLY AND NOT EVEN GIVEN A NOTICE WHY!!!

Would someone please care to help??? I can't seem to get in touch with Terry anymore to let him know what has happened. And the same person who did this DOES also run their own channel on DailyMotion because they posted the Houston, '74 footage!

I am a VERY ANGRY man right now!!!
:x :wtf: :smt013 :smt011 :smt019

Thanks,
Tony T.

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes!" - Elvis Presley (August 10, 1970 backstage in his dressing room before the first show of the August, 10, 1970/September 8, 1970 season in Vegas).

Topic author
Tony Trout

Re: Permanently Banned From The RareElvisPresley Forum! WHY

Post by Tony Trout »

I finally got back in but had to change my email address and create a new account. I'm still very unhappy about being banned in the first place....

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes!" - Elvis Presley (August 10, 1970 backstage in his dressing room before the first show of the August, 10, 1970/September 8, 1970 season in Vegas).

ian
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by ian »

I just signed up with twitter for the very first time the other day, to follow sports mostly during games, and I didn't know how to make my message appear on the game thread, so I sent "replies" to other users, not a lot, but a few, to let them know for instance, that the Detroit Red Wings should have played Todd Bertuzzi! Well the users I sent to faved my comments etc.,and even a fellow who thought there might be a shoot-out after 5 minutes of overtime(!)

ian anderson @rocking35ian60 30 May
@Aoss There are no shoot outs in play-off hockey.

Alex Aossey
@Aoss
@rocking35ian60 yes, you're right. Beer made me forget that OT rules change for playoffs. Silly beer...

Or a girl who was wondering about a date in NHL history when Chicago last lost a 7 game series at home, and I helped out with this-

ian anderson @rocking35ian60 30 May
@tweetlesskay 1971 to Ken Dryden and the Montreal Canadiens!

Kayla Hendrickson
@tweetlesskay
@rocking35ian60 I knew it was in the 70's some time. Couldn't recall what year they said! Thanks #GoWingss
01:21 AM - 30 May 13

Here is one of my Big Bert comments that got faved-

ian anderson
@rocking35ian60
@JSobSki I would love to see Big Bert out there giving Chicago all kinds of trouble with his size and talent!!!!!
12:25 AM - 30 May 13
Favorited by
Jesyka Soboczynski @JSobSki
When in doubt, just add glitter.

And then astonishingly, I get this suspended notice!!!!!-

Your account (@rocking35ian60) is currently suspended. For more information, please visit Suspended Accounts.

Your account has been suspended

This account, @rocking35ian60, was suspended for sending multiple unsolicited mentions to other users.

The mention and @reply features are intended to make communication between people on Twitter easier, and posting messages to several users in an unsolicited or egregious manner is considered an abuse of its use. Plus, it bothers other users! For more information about these features and proper use, please visit our @Replies and Mentions help page.

You will need to change your behavior to continue using Twitter. Repeat violations of the Twitter Rules may result in the permanent suspension of your account.

To continue using this account, please confirm below:

I confirm that I will discontinue abuse of the mention or reply feature, as well as any other behaviors that are prohibited by the Twitter Rules.
I understand that my account may be permanently suspended if I continue using Twitter in a way that violates the Twitter Rules.
Complete the captcha below:

Privacy & Terms

And I'm just a new person trying my best to navigate the twitter world, and I innocently tried to contribute, and I get this!!!!! What a friendly neighbourhood, my gosh, this board is like Mr. Rogers neighbourhood compared, well not exactly but...... :roll: 8)

ian"elvis"anderson

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Post by rjm »

Wait up, Tony. I'm gonna diagnose the Twitter thing for a sec. And then back to your situation.

Yeah, it says your account is suspended. And you were just talking hockey? Were these other users following you? I mean, were you mutual followers? I don't really know the rules, either. I just mainly use hashtags. And I've got a bunch of followers now. I don't reply much. Fave and retweet. Hashtags.

You should go to the software section here, and ask about Twitter.

I guess they want people to "follow" each other. Otherwise, I don't know what "unsolicited mention" means, and I'm curious. What I did was to follow, follow, follow, quietly. Also linked my YouTube account, so all video activities got tweeted out.

I'm a little curious because someone called @retweeted was filling up my feed with nasty stuff. Not dirty, but yucky. I never followed them, and I didn't want them there. I felt hacked because it all had the retweet symbol. So, I blocked them, and it disappeared. Maybe you got blocked, and an algorithm kicked in. Are those all your tweets? Or were there more?

I see you got back in, Tony! Are you still a moderator/administrator? Or did you just get back in? Maybe someone else didn't want you to have that status. I don't belong to that site, so I don't know much. But it sounds like that may have been the motivation, if you were a mod/admin. I wish I knew more about them, but all I know is the pictures, mainly.

We'll chat later. Feel better, okay? :smile:

rjm

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Did you make any posts about caskets?

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout »

drjohncarpenter wrote:Did you make any posts about caskets?

Do NOT go there, John. I've had a horrible day (read my thread over in "off-topic") but I got my answer in that thread - now I just need someone to delete the darn thing. Gladys and Elvis were buried in the same brand (Batesville) casket - not the same type.

Robin, yes, I got back in and, yes, they reinstated my Moderator position. Terry told me that it was something to do with the usernames there.

rocknroller
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by rocknroller »

smt174

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t

ian

Post by ian »

rjm wrote:Wait up, Tony. I'm gonna diagnose the Twitter thing for a sec. And then back to your situation.

Yeah, it says your account is suspended. And you were just talking hockey? Were these other users following you? I mean, were you mutual followers? I don't really know the rules, either. I just mainly use hashtags. And I've got a bunch of followers now. I don't reply much. Fave and retweet. Hashtags.

You should go to the software section here, and ask about Twitter.

I guess they want people to "follow" each other. Otherwise, I don't know what "unsolicited mention" means, and I'm curious. What I did was to follow, follow, follow, quietly. Also linked my YouTube account, so all video activities got tweeted out.

I'm a little curious because someone called @retweeted was filling up my feed with nasty stuff. Not dirty, but yucky. I never followed them, and I didn't want them there. I felt hacked because it all had the retweet symbol. So, I blocked them, and it disappeared. Maybe you got blocked, and an algorithm kicked in. Are those all your tweets? Or were there more?

I see you got back in, Tony! Are you still a moderator/administrator? Or did you just get back in? Maybe someone else didn't want you to have that status. I don't belong to that site, so I don't know much. But it sounds like that may have been the motivation, if you were a mod/admin. I wish I knew more about them, but all I know is the pictures, mainly.

We'll chat later. Feel better, okay? :smile:

rjm
Thank's a lot for the response :!: I just made a few more, with the basic messages of me thinking that Detroit should be utilizing Big Bert against Chicago, wishing Charlie Sheen and his family well and I think a couple of basic basketball tweets. 8)

ian"elvis"anderson

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 9 months

Post by TJ »

It's possible that you were suspended because a high proportion of your Tweets contained replies or mentions. Just balance regular Tweets with those containing replies and you should be fine.

ian

Post by ian »

TJ wrote:It's possible that you were suspended because a high proportion of your Tweets contained replies or mentions. Just balance regular Tweets with those containing replies and you should be fine.
Thank's a lot TJ, I really appreciate your response :!: I would like to explain my being an absolute rookie on twitter to someone in charge, as I was just contributing my thoughts on the games, and doing my best to be a part of it, as I didn't know how to make my comments show up on the main game thread. I checked responses from the people that I tweeted and got 2 or 3 messages faved etc., and nothing noticeably bad, and it's still showing that I have a suspension, so hopefully it can be worked out, as this isn't a very positive start to my tweeting experience :!:

ian"elvis"anderson

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Post by rjm »

ian wrote:
TJ wrote:It's possible that you were suspended because a high proportion of your Tweets contained replies or mentions. Just balance regular Tweets with those containing replies and you should be fine.
Thank's a lot TJ, I really appreciate your response :!: I would like to explain my being an absolute rookie on twitter to someone in charge, as I was just contributing my thoughts on the games, and doing my best to be a part of it, as I didn't know how to make my comments show up on the main game thread. I checked responses from the people that I tweeted and got 2 or 3 messages faved etc., and nothing noticeably bad, and it's still showing that I have a suspension, so hopefully it can be worked out, as this isn't a very positive start to my tweeting experience :!:
Anyone can answer: is there actually anyone "in charge" at a place like Twitter? I think maybe they rely on some moderation, of course, but I think they have algorithms that kick in, and so it's automatic. But I don't know. Facebook has flesh-and-blood moderators, who randomly can read anything, including private messages.

One thing one ought never do is to send a private message to someone you do not know, and who has not indicated they wish any private correspondence with you, like celebrities. People have gotten banned for private Tweeting famous people. I've seen some famous people put up a message at the top, saying "I do not accept private tweets." So, however tempting, don't.

Anyway, to reach a lot of people, hashtags work much better. It spreads a message to those interested in the general topic area. That's a learning curve thing: how to use hashtags effectively. A "main game thread" would be covered through hashtags. Just look them up, and see which ones are the most popular in the topic area, and those are the "threads" you might say. It's "threading" through "tagging." (It's why a PIM program like Evernote works not through outlining {which is threading, really}, but through tags. If you learn how to tag, you get really get organized, with many more levels than just the two notebooks deep.) So, Twitter is really "hashtag-powered." It's a new way of organizing data; it doesn't use old-style threading. And it does work! Tagging is the new way of data-organization, really. Outlining used to be big, but no more.

But is someone "in charge" there? Not sure about that. It's a rather HUGE operation. It's like the Phone Company, or what that used be like. Super huge. So, it wasn't personal. They have no idea who you are.

OH WAIT: it said to do THIS! Did you do this? I don't think you can come back, unless you do this:

I confirm that I will discontinue abuse of the mention or reply feature, as well as any other behaviors that are prohibited by the Twitter Rules.
I understand that my account may be permanently suspended if I continue using Twitter in a way that violates the Twitter Rules.

There must have been a place to show you've read the policy, enter a captcha code, and hit "submit." And then your account will be back!

rjm
P.S. -- "Caskets"? I have some catching up to do . . . :smt017

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

promiseland
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by promiseland »

Doc that one takes the cake!
smt174

ian

Post by ian »

rjm wrote:
ian wrote:
Anyone can answer: is there actually anyone "in charge" at a place like Twitter? I think maybe they rely on some moderation, of course, but I think they have algorithms that kick in, and so it's automatic. But I don't know. Facebook has flesh-and-blood moderators, who randomly can read anything, including private messages.

One thing one ought never do is to send a private message to someone you do not know, and who has not indicated they wish any private correspondence with you, like celebrities. People have gotten banned for private Tweeting famous people. I've seen some famous people put up a message at the top, saying "I do not accept private tweets." So, however tempting, don't.

Anyway, to reach a lot of people, hashtags work much better. It spreads a message to those interested in the general topic area. That's a learning curve thing: how to use hashtags effectively. A "main game thread" would be covered through hashtags. Just look them up, and see which ones are the most popular in the topic area, and those are the "threads" you might say. It's "threading" through "tagging." (It's why a PIM program like Evernote works not through outlining {which is threading, really}, but through tags. If you learn how to tag, you get really get organized, with many more levels than just the two notebooks deep.) So, Twitter is really "hashtag-powered." It's a new way of organizing data; it doesn't use old-style threading. And it does work! Tagging is the new way of data-organization, really. Outlining used to be big, but no more.

But is someone "in charge" there? Not sure about that. It's a rather HUGE operation. It's like the Phone Company, or what that used be like. Super huge. So, it wasn't personal. They have no idea who you are.

OH WAIT: it said to do THIS! Did you do this? I don't think you can come back, unless you do this:

There must have been a place to show you've read the policy, enter a captcha code, and hit "submit." And then your account will be back!

rjm
P.S. -- "Caskets"? I have some catching up to do . . . :smt017
Thank's a lot rjm, that's really nice of you to take the time to help me out!!!!! I'll give that a try and see how it goes!! 8) :smt006 8)

ian"elvis"anderson

rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

promiseland wrote:
smt174

You really need to take your head out the docs arse promiseland ! your so sweet on him its giving me toothache !!!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t

promiseland

Post by promiseland »

rocknroller wrote:
promiseland wrote:
smt174

You really need to take your head out the docs arse promiseland ! your so sweet on him its giving me toothache !!!
C'mon Skirt Boy you got to admit that was funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, do you remember when John Lennon said "Before Elvis there was nothing" ?

Change Rock n Roll to FECC and that applies to The Doc also! :lol:

rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

promiseland wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
promiseland wrote:
smt174

C'mon Skirt Boy you got to admit that was funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, do you remember when John Lennon said "Before Elvis there was nothing" ?

Change Rock n Roll to FECC and that applies to The Doc also! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

promiseland

Post by promiseland »

Tony Trout wrote:Ok...a long while back, I was friends with Terry who ran the "RareElvisPresley" site (messageboard). Well, to my complete astonishment, I come to the boards a few months ago and I found out that some idiot had permanently banned me AFTER I had already been made a Moderator & Admin!

I'd sure LOVE to know who the person was because I was banned UNFAIRLY AND NOT EVEN GIVEN A NOTICE WHY!!!

Would someone please care to help??? I can't seem to get in touch with Terry anymore to let him know what has happened. And the same person who did this DOES also run their own channel on DailyMotion because they posted the Houston, '74 footage!

Thanks,
Tony T.
Tony are you still very angry, if so how are you dealing with the stress?

Bodie
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Bodie »

promiseland wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:Ok...a long while back, I was friends with Terry who ran the "RareElvisPresley" site (messageboard). Well, to my complete astonishment, I come to the boards a few months ago and I found out that some idiot had permanently banned me AFTER I had already been made a Moderator & Admin!

Thanks,
Tony T.
Tony are you still very angry, if so how are you dealing with the stress?
Start playing Candy Crush.

You will completely forget all your problems and all your thoughts will be focused on getting past the next level.

I'm on level 1239.

The Pirate

Post by The Pirate »

Bodie wrote: Start playing Candy Crush.

You will completely forget all your problems and all your thoughts will be focused on getting past the next level.

I'm on level 1239.
I'm OK until I have to get rid of the jelly, then it all starts to go tits up.

Bodie

Post by Bodie »

The Pirate wrote:

I'm on level 1239.
I can relate to that, plus the chocolates are really annoying.

elvisalisellers
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

Post by elvisalisellers »

Better still, get yourself a girlfriend/boyfriend.

Bodie

Post by Bodie »

elvisalisellers wrote:Better still, get yourself a girlfriend/boyfriend.
Instead of keep trolling me, why don't you use the internet for your favourite hobby. :smt121

Dan_T
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Dan_T »

The Pirate wrote:

I'm on level 1239.
Bodie wrote:
The Pirate wrote:

I'm on level 1239.
I can relate to that, plus the chocolates are really annoying.
You two have made me hungry !

elvisalisellers
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

Post by elvisalisellers »

Bodie wrote:
Instead of keep trolling me, why don't you use the internet for your favourite hobby. :smt121
That kind of profanity only suggests a very poor upbringing.
A shame.

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

elvisalisellers wrote:
Bodie wrote:
That kind of profanity only suggests a very poor upbringing.
A shame.
Shocking.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!