Off Topic Messages

John fogerty wrote a song for everyone

Wed May 29, 2013 6:09 pm

Just got johns new album today,being a fan of the great man i was looking forward to buying it and as always its fantastic.he has re-recorded some of his classic songs with some special guests.standout tracks for me are(this may change with more plays)Fortunate son with-foo fighters,proud mary with-jennifer hudson,almost saturday night with-keith urban,wrote a song for everyone with-maranda lambert.2 new songs are Train of Fools and the fantasic Mystic Highway.

phpBB [video]

Re: John fogerty wrote a song for everyone

Thu May 30, 2013 3:40 am

rocknroller wrote:Just got johns new album today,being a fan of the great man i was looking forward to buying it and as always its fantastic.he has re-recorded some of his classic songs with some special guests.standout tracks for me are(this may change with more plays)Fortunate son with-foo fighters,proud mary with-jennifer hudson,almost saturday night with-keith urban,wrote a song for everyone with-maranda lambert.2 new songs are Train of Fools and the fantasic Mystic Highway.

phpBB [video]

Yes!

Thu May 30, 2013 9:10 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
rocknroller wrote:Just got johns new album today,being a fan of the great man i was looking forward to buying it and as always its fantastic.he has re-recorded some of his classic songs with some special guests.standout tracks for me are(this may change with more plays)Fortunate son with-foo fighters,proud mary with-jennifer hudson,almost saturday night with-keith urban,wrote a song for everyone with-maranda lambert.2 new songs are Train of Fools and the fantasic Mystic Highway.

phpBB [video]

Yes!

I hope you bought the cd to hear this fantasic version and did not illegally download it !!! :shock: :smt018 :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 30, 2013 10:04 am

I think he was saying "yes" to the woman in the shirt.

Thu May 30, 2013 10:23 am

John Fogerty is one of the all time greats, but for me this new "Creedence Karaoke Revival" album doesn't work at all...

Thu May 30, 2013 4:10 pm

HungerMoon wrote:John Fogerty is one of the all time greats, but for me this new "Creedence Karaoke Revival" album doesn't work at all...

Not even the 2 new song ?

Thu May 30, 2013 4:18 pm

I was quite disappointed by the whole album, the new songs are slightly better than the rest but after one listen I really don't feel any need to hear them again.
But good for Mr Fogerty that there are people with differing opinions, and maybe next time he'll make an album I can dig too.

Thu May 30, 2013 6:24 pm

HungerMoon wrote:I was quite disappointed by the whole album, the new songs are slightly better than the rest but after one listen I really don't feel any need to hear them again.
But good for Mr Fogerty that there are people with differing opinions, and maybe next time he'll make an album I can dig too.

You can't please everyone i guess ! it works for me !!!

Thu May 30, 2013 8:41 pm

rocknroller wrote:I hope you bought the cd to hear this fantasic version and did not illegally download it !!! :shock: :smt018 :wink:

I have never downloaded anything illegal, and never will.

Thu May 30, 2013 11:53 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
rocknroller wrote:I hope you bought the cd to hear this fantasic version and did not illegally download it !!! :shock: :smt018 :wink:

I have never downloaded anything illegal, and never will.

I was joking ! so i take it you have heard the cd ?

Fri May 31, 2013 3:08 pm

John and CCR have always been in my top 10 list of favorite artists. CCR is one of those groups that took the Sun sound and helped make it popular again in the 60's and 70's. This new album disappoints because it took those classic songs and made them gimmicky IMO with these duets. You don't mess with classics but I do like the 2 newbies. My favorite Fogerty solo album is 1997's Blue Moon Swamp.