Off Topic Messages

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 10:28 pm

I can't stand ETAs. I don't care if they are music teachers, Elvis fans or whatever, too me they are just glory hunters with very limited talent. Worst of all, they do stuff on stage that I recognize when I watch TTWII, On Tour, Aloha etc., so they kinda ruin that for me to. It is "dangerous" to watch them because they **** up my pleasure to watch Elvis too :(

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 10:34 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
eligain wrote:Why is he using a cordless mic?


Because it's 2013?


But any Elvis impersonator worth his salt would want to use a corded mic just like the King! ("No cord and no sound"). Also his lip curl is on the wrong side. DAMN THOSE MIRRORS!

I would demand my money back for not being historically accurate.

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 10:37 pm

eligain wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
eligain wrote:Why is he using a cordless mic?


Because it's 2013?


But any Elvis impersonator worth his salt would want to use a corded mic just like the King! ("No cord and no sound"). Also his lip curl is on the wrong side. DAMN THOSE MIRRORS!

I would demand my money back for not being historically accurate.


ETAs move with the times!

Did you see the song I wrote for ETAs? It's on page 1.

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Gents are you not missing the point? I attend these events and am always happy to see fans, young and old, enjoying Elvis's music. And the best ETAs are very talented musicians

As I keep saying....come and join us at an ETA event....be happy :-)

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 10:44 pm

But it isn't 'Elvis music'. Usually it's someone in a white suit immitating him in a p*ss taking way with the crowd laughing at him. I'd rather stay home and watch "Elvis on tour" etc, etc.

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 10:48 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
eligain wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
eligain wrote:Why is he using a cordless mic?


Because it's 2013?


But any Elvis impersonator worth his salt would want to use a corded mic just like the King! ("No cord and no sound"). Also his lip curl is on the wrong side. DAMN THOSE MIRRORS!

I would demand my money back for not being historically accurate.


ETAs move with the times!

Did you see the song I wrote for ETAs? It's on page 1.


An Elvis fan wrote a song for ETAs ..."it get frightened what the impersonators do"

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 10:52 pm

The majority of impersonators in the UK play in pubs, clubs and old folks homes, singing to pre-recorded backing tapes. Their 'act' is the direct antithesis of what the Hillbilly Cat did in the fifties. They should be shot.

But, there's surely some talent in mimicry? We applaud impressionists. The guy in that clip is obviously good at portraying Elvis. I don't see him doing a disservice to Elvis. Would I pay to see him? No way. I don't do 'tribute' bands I like my live music to be a bit more honest. But you can't say 'all impersonators are terrible'. They mostly are, from what I've seen. But that guy in the clip, he's a long way removed from the usual despots that squeeze into cheap jumpsuits.

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Winston wrote:It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Yeah, but it dont't get any's better than this! >> http://www.youtube.com/user/EenterE

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 11:09 pm

But, why should I want to see someone trying to be Elvis? If I want to see Elvis I watch his movies, concerts etc. If I want to listen to Cliff Richard, Elton John I listen to them, not someone trying to be like them. It's just plain stupid. I don't care if he is the number one ETA in the universe.

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 11:12 pm

Xaykev wrote:But, why should I want to see someone trying to be Elvis? If I want to see Elvis I watch his movies, concerts etc. If I want to listen to Cliff Richard, Elton John I listen to them, not someone trying to be like them. It's just plain stupid. I don't care if he is the number one ETA in the universe.


you are 100% correct. and would you write a song for/about impersonators? I very much doubt it.

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 11:17 pm

I usually ignore impersonators simply because they are ridicululous. This guy, however, just gave me goosebumps when I heard him do "Hurt"- he's amazingly good and I would love to catch him in concert one day. I never thought that I would ever write something like that.

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 11:18 pm

Lohmax wrote:I usually ignore impersonators simply because they are ridicululous. This guy, however, just gave me goosebumps when I heard him do "Hurt"- he's amazingly good and I would love to catch him in concert one day. I never thought that I would ever write something like that.

Obviously we have different standards.

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 11:22 pm

Xaykev wrote:I can't stand ETAs. I don't care if they are music teachers, Elvis fans or whatever, too me they are just glory hunters with very limited talent. Worst of all, they do stuff on stage that I recognize when I watch TTWII, On Tour, Aloha etc., so they kinda ruin that for me to. It is "dangerous" to watch them because they **** up my pleasure to watch Elvis too :(



You're being way too kind.

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 11:24 pm

Blue River wrote:
Winston wrote:It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Yeah, but it dont't get any's better than this! >> http://www.youtube.com/user/EenterE



Thank you for making me lose this morning's breakfast.

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 11:28 pm

Lohmax wrote:I usually ignore impersonators simply because they are ridicululous. This guy, however, just gave me goosebumps when I heard him do "Hurt"- he's amazingly good and I would love to catch him in concert one day. I never thought that I would ever write something like that.


He wasn't too shabby, actually, and his attention to detail in clothing was good.

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 11:37 pm

...... ::rocks
Last edited by TCB-FAN on Wed May 29, 2013 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 11:47 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Apparently, he also attracts gay men as well. What a great way to cement Elvis' legacy....... :facep: :facep: :facep:


You don't like gay men?

Why?

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 11:52 pm

...... ::rocks
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Wed May 29, 2013 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 11:54 pm

The guy has got a great range and a good tone, no denying that. I'd enjoy him more if he dropped the little hiccup he keeps doing, especially in Suspicious Minds. I don't have a problem with the rare ETA like this who can actually sing and isn't four stone overweight. However, for me one of the great things about watching Elvis is I feel I'm watching someone who is really feeling the music and his live performance is a reflection of that feeling the music creates inside of him. You can never get that same natural live performance from someone who has watched a few TTWII videos. Ironically their "stagecraft" would probably be better if they let a bit more of themselves shine through and worry less about copying Elvis move for move. The feel was always the most important thing for Elvis and without that feel you're going to struggle to recreate the presence he had on stage, assuming that would even be possible.

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Tue May 28, 2013 11:55 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
robbie wrote:now this sort of thing is ok by me pretty good the trouble is anyone thinks he can be like Elvis, but thas a good tribute


Who doesn't love a good ETA?

+1
ETA = Elvis Tribute Artist ? Bull sh.t! they are not tribute artist also they are NOT ARTIST no way near sorry ETA Fans I don't understand you.

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Wed May 29, 2013 12:05 am

..... ::rocks
Last edited by TCB-FAN on Wed May 29, 2013 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Wed May 29, 2013 12:08 am

I'm sorry but you are wrong. The best ETAs are talented musicians. Attend one of the events and go to the after show party. The guys pick up guitars, play pianos and sing beautifully. I can only say, again, attend an event and you will change your mind.....you will be happy :-))

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Wed May 29, 2013 12:08 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tolerance and inclusively are a big part of the legacy of Elvis Presley.


Not on this board mate. Have you seen this embarrassing clusterf*ck?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17146

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Wed May 29, 2013 12:10 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
A "newer" fan would view this footage and then run off and tell his/her friends that Elvis was "gay".


Are you as thick as this in real life?

Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

Wed May 29, 2013 12:10 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Lohmax wrote:I usually ignore impersonators simply because they are ridicululous. This guy, however, just gave me goosebumps when I heard him do "Hurt"- he's amazingly good and I would love to catch him in concert one day. I never thought that I would ever write something like that.


He wasn't too shabby, actually, and his attention to detail in clothing was good.





Apparently, he also attracts gay men as well. What a great way to cement Elvis' legacy....... :facep: :facep: :facep:


Skip to 4:29 :roll: :roll:

phpBB [video]



Several things wrong with your post.

Besides your ignorant homophobic comments, the man in the video is clearly not gay -- not that there's anything wrong with that -- and it is a fact that Elvis Presley's androgynous appeal attracted men and women of all sexual orientations, from the beginning of his career to the present day.

Tolerance and inclusivity are a big part of the legacy of Elvis Presley.



I'm not against any group, I just think that that an ETA being kissed by another man is a poor representation of who Elvis Presley was on stage. A "newer" fan would view this footage and then run off and tell his/her friends that Elvis was "gay". That is a complete injustice to his legacy, IMHO.


I would think most people are intelligent enough to know that they are not seeing the real Elvis.

Elvis kissed kids from the stage, but most fans didn't go home believing him to be a paedophile.