Music festivals 2013

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
rocknroller
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Music festivals 2013

Post by rocknroller »

Im sure i asked this in the past and not many on the fecc go to them, but do any of you guys go to music festivals ? could be anything from rock/metal,country,pop,rockabilly.im off to the download festival next month its my 6th rock/metal festival.been to others in the past but loving download.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t

greystoke

Re: Music festivals 2013

Post by greystoke »

I don't think I'll be attending any festivals this year, although the coverage is usually excellent, so it's easy to keep up with almost every major event. I know a couple of people who are going to Download this year, although, we're spoiled for choice with regards to festivals and quality line-ups. Last year's Radio One Hackney Weekend was particularly outstanding, so that will be difficult to top. I only wish I had been there in person, especially with Jay-Z headlining.

Topic author
rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

greystoke wrote:I don't think I'll be attending any festivals this year, although the coverage is usually excellent, so it's easy to keep up with almost every major event. I know a couple of people who are going to Download this year, although, we're spoiled for choice with regards to festivals and quality line-ups. Last year's Radio One Hackney Weekend was particularly outstanding, so that will be difficult to top. I only wish I had been there in person, especially with Jay-Z headlining.
I have never done the Hackney Weekend although they do have some good line-ups.used to do t in the park when i was younger but not enough bands i like these days.the country music festival started back in london this year for the first time in many years and i enjoyed that very much a good change of pace from the download festival.i have always wanted to do WACKEN it looks awesome hopefully i will get the chance before i get to old.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t

greystoke

Post by greystoke »

Festivals aside, it will be great when the Hydro is open. It's pegged to be one of the U.K.'s premiere arenas and is quite an impressive sight. I'm eager to see who will open the building and really keen to get to a few concerts there.

Topic author
rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

greystoke wrote:Festivals aside, it will be great when the Hydro is open. It's pegged to be one of the U.K.'s premiere arenas and is quite an impressive sight. I'm eager to see who will open the building and really keen to get to a few concerts there.
Yeah im looking forward to it to, it looks amazingand something the city of glasgow can be proud of.i think rod Stewart is to open it.i have tickets for nickelback,alterbridge/shinedown/hailstorm so can't wait for that.

greystoke

Post by greystoke »

rocknroller wrote:
greystoke wrote:Festivals aside, it will be great when the Hydro is open. It's pegged to be one of the U.K.'s premiere arenas and is quite an impressive sight. I'm eager to see who will open the building and really keen to get to a few concerts there.
Yeah im looking forward to it to, it looks amazingand something the city of glasgow can be proud of.i think rod Stewart is to open it.i have tickets for nickelback,alterbridge/shinedown/hailstorm so can't wait for that.
I saw Rod at the SECC a couple of years ago. Although, I've never been much of a fan, it was a fine concert.

Topic author
rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

greystoke wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
I saw Rod at the SECC a couple of years ago. Although, I've never been much of a fan, it was a fine concert.
Seen him play at parkhead in the 90s, kinda like him but not enough to pay £70 plus booking fee at the hydro !!!
Last edited by rocknroller on Fri May 24, 2013 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

daylon
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by daylon »

rocknroller wrote:
Aye. The Hydro looks good. Apparently it will have the best acoustics of any venue in the UK and will be in the top 5 most visited entertainment venues in the world(in the 5 along with the o2 and MSG).

Fleetwood Mac playing in October could be worth a visit too.
Saw Knopfler at the Secc last week...excellent as usual :smt020

Topic author
rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

Pink&Black wrote:I'll be going to Pukkelpop, Belgium. Very nice festival with a friendly atmosphere. This year I'm especially looking forward to Neil Young. But there are always new bands to discover too.
8) its always great to discover new bands,apart from youtube festival are the best place to do that !!!

Topic author
rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

daylon wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
Aye. The Hydro looks good. Apparently it will have the best acoustics of any venue in the UK and will be in the top 5 most visited entertainment venues in the world(in the 5 along with the o2 and MSG).

Fleetwood Mac playing in October could be worth a visit too.
Saw Knopfler at the Secc last week...excellent as usual :smt020
That would be so cool for the hydro to be in the 5 most visited entertainment venues in the world ! my mate was at the Knopfler gig he said the same as you excellent as usual !!!

promiseland
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by promiseland »

I'm waiting on Jimi Hendrix !!!!!!!!

greystoke

Post by greystoke »

Been watching Radio One's Big Weekend -- Ellie Goulding was very good, and Robbie Williams and Dizzie Rascal make for an awesome combination. Their single, Goin' Crazy, is a real gem. The video is a blast, but it was great to see them perform it live.

Topic author
rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

greystoke wrote:Been watching Radio One's Big Weekend -- Ellie Goulding was very good, and Robbie Williams and Dizzie Rascal make for an awesome combination. Their single, Goin' Crazy, is a real gem. The video is a blast, but it was great to see them perform it live.

Must be honest and say not a fan of Robbie Williams or Dizzie Rascal so i will give that a miss, Ellie Goulding is very good.

Tony..
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Tony.. »

It seems that everywhere there is a nice bit of green field or park available, they have to go and ruin it by holding a music festival, usually with a reasonably well known name headlining and the rest filled up with 2 bit X Factor losers or bands from the 80's who had their day and have now reformed!
Either that or you may get some decent acts on the bill (Rolling Stones etc) but then you have to put up with some useless rapper (Jay-Z) on the same bill.
My days of standing in a muddy field in the rain, whilst queueing for a stinking toilet are over.

norrie
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by norrie »

rocknroller wrote:
I see Rod's now doing 4 concerts a the Hydro.
I'm not doing any festivals this year but got a couple of concerts coming up shortly,Steve Earle on thursday and Bruce at Hampden in June.

norrie

greystoke

Post by greystoke »

I would quite like to see Rod again, although I don't think it will be at the Hydro this year. I'm hoping Willie Nelson returns sometime soon. And I would like to see Andre Rieu, who is at the Hydro in December. Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z are touring together over the summer, so I'm hoping to see one of their shows. I'm still a bit disappointed that I missed Jay-Z and Kanye West when they toured last year.

Topic author
rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

norrie wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
I see Rod's now doing 4 concerts a the Hydro.
I'm not doing any festivals this year but got a couple of concerts coming up shortly,Stve Earle on thursday and Brucee at Hampden in June.

norrie
Good for you both Stve Earle & springsteen gigs will be awesome !!!

greystoke

Post by greystoke »

Look out for a new documentary called Springsteen and I. I think it's on limited release this week.

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

I just went to this festival and it was AWESOME!! http://www.rocklahoma.com

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

Topic author
rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

greystoke wrote:Look out for a new documentary called Springsteen and I. I think it's on limited release this week.

I see its on at cinaworld cheers mate.

Topic author
rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

JEFF d wrote:I just went to this festival and it was AWESOME!! http://www.rocklahoma.com

JEFF d
EP fan
WOW cool line-up ! A few of those bands are playing download too.How was the weather ? Guns n' roses ? Hailstorm ?

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

The weather was beautiful all weekend mid 80s cool breeze! Halestorm was fantastic, I even got to do a quick meet and greet w. them! I loved Guns n' Roses!! I thought Axl sounded great!
Here is Guns setlist:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2013/pryor-festival-grounds-pryor-ok-3d9b5af.html

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

Topic author
rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

JEFF d wrote:The weather was beautiful all weekend mid 80s cool breeze! Halestorm was fantastic, I even got to do a quick meet and greet w. them! I loved Guns n' Roses!! I thought Axl sounded great!
Here is Guns setlist:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2013/pryor-festival-grounds-pryor-ok-3d9b5af.html

JEFF d
EP fan

You guys are lucky good weather really helps make a festival,we don't always get that here.yeah i thought you would like hailstorm they are amazing and thats cool gettin to meet them too.i have one of R Js drumsticks.im glad guns were good, i seen them in glasgow last year and Axl was on top form.cheers for the setlist it looks great.