Off Topic Messages

Re: Where's Javilu been?

Mon May 13, 2013 10:15 am

javilu wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Jove wrote:He is away from this forum for 2 reasons:
Protesting the banning of Colin, Carolym, poormadpeter, Inherit the wind, Robt etc etc. for no apparent reasons.
And he is jamming with Paul McCartney in Brazil!

What a silly thing to do. No one is ever banned "for no apparent reasons."

Colin is the nicest person you can ever meet in person or in a forum. If he was banned, it was for no good reason I'm sure.

No one is ever banned "for no good reason." I'm sure. ;-)

Mon May 13, 2013 11:05 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
javilu wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Jove wrote:He is away from this forum for 2 reasons:
Protesting the banning of Colin, Carolym, poormadpeter, Inherit the wind, Robt etc etc. for no apparent reasons.
And he is jamming with Paul McCartney in Brazil!

What a silly thing to do. No one is ever banned "for no apparent reasons."

Colin is the nicest person you can ever meet in person or in a forum. If he was banned, it was for no good reason I'm sure.

No one is ever banned "for no good reason." I'm sure. ;-)

There is a member search function. I believe you will discover, if you check the correct spelling, that only one of the above (incorrectly spelled), is not on that list of registered users. I couldn't find anyone called "etc etc."

Javi just posted after being away on holiday. Some others have "visited" within the past 48 hours.

Just sayin'.'

rjm

Mon May 13, 2013 12:21 pm

rjm wrote:Thanks for the pics, and for the general joy-vibe!

rjm

Although could have done without the one of him eating it gave me flashbacks ! i have been out for a meal before with javi and its not a pretty sight !!! lol

Mon May 13, 2013 2:31 pm

rjm wrote:
There is a member search function. I believe you will discover, if you check the correct spelling, that only one of the above (incorrectly spelled), is not on that list of registered users.

rjm

Sorry to carolynlm for the wrong spelling.

I couldn't find anyone called "etc etc."

It does not take one to have a degree in PhD to know what I meant.

Mon May 13, 2013 3:45 pm

Just a few pics I took of the Fortaleza concert

A little video I filmed

phpBB [video]

A few soundcheck photos

Mon May 13, 2013 11:28 pm

Sweet Mother of Abbey Road! Those pics are beautific! And I would expect nothing less...... :D

Mon May 13, 2013 11:51 pm

KHoots wrote:Sweet Mother of Abbey Road! Those pics are beautific! And I would expect nothing less...... :D

Thank you sir!
Here are 3 from the concert in Goiania on May 6, the infamous "Grasshopper night"

Tue May 14, 2013 12:02 am

Nice photo's javi but you seem to spend more time taken photo's and video than watching the gigs !!!

Tue May 14, 2013 12:41 am

rocknroller wrote:Nice photo's javi but you seem to spend more time taken photo's and video than watching the gigs !!!

Not really.
To the Tour Opening in Belho Horizonte I didn't even take my camera to the concert.
On the second show in Goiania I took around 40 pics, not much for a 160 minute long show.
For the Fortaleza concert I was front row so I took a lot of pics, but I've enjoyed the concert a lot anyway.

If the tour ever stops in Glasgow, you have to attend, Pat!

Tue May 14, 2013 1:04 am

javilu wrote:
rocknroller wrote:Nice photo's javi but you seem to spend more time taken photo's and video than watching the gigs !!!

Not really.
To the Tour Opening in Belho Horizonte I didn't even take my camera to the concert.
On the second show in Goiania I took around 40 pics, not much for a 160 minute long show.
For the Fortaleza concert I was front row so I took a lot of pics, but I've enjoyed the concert a lot anyway.

If the tour ever stops in Glasgow, you have to attend, Pat!

You know me mate i have never been a fan !!!

Tue May 14, 2013 1:08 am

rocknroller wrote:You know me mate i have never been a fan !!!

You're missing out on a terrific rock n' roll concert!
Look at that setlist for Pete's sake!

Tue May 14, 2013 1:12 am

javilu wrote:

If i have no other gigs around the same time then never say never !!!

Tue May 14, 2013 1:16 am

rocknroller wrote:
javilu wrote:

If i have no other gigs around the same time then never say never !!!

Atta boy!

Tue May 14, 2013 9:55 am

Jove wrote:
rjm wrote:
There is a member search function. I believe you will discover, if you check the correct spelling, that only one of the above (incorrectly spelled), is not on that list of registered users.

rjm

Nothing personal there; it's just that usernames are spelled in very particular ways, if one is doing a search.

rjm wrote:I couldn't find anyone called "etc etc."

Jove wrote:It does not take one to have a degree in PhD to know what I meant.

It was tongue-in-cheek, and I apologize if it was taken personally. It's just that there has been a sense of general panic that is perhaps over-the-top, if you do a search. It really wasn't directed at you, Jove, at all. You happened to be the one who said it is all. It's just "in the air." And I'm sorry if you felt offended, as that was not my intention.

It's just thst I would just like folks to chill a bit, and wait up. This is a good place, and we've been traumatized lately by real-world tragedy, so people are tending to freak out at things that appear to be what they may not be. Happens.

At least two mentioned members, and I haven't checked on all who were mentioned, were lurking about this past morning: they must have their "lurking settings" to "on," I guess, but haven't posted. I don't think one can do that if you cannot log in; you wouldn't be recorded by the computer. So, things are not always as they appear to be.

Javi: professional quality photographs! Congrats on a great job! And on having a swingin' time! :smt006

rjm
::rocks
Last edited by rjm on Tue May 14, 2013 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 14, 2013 10:50 am

Wow, Javi, so that's where you've been!

Tue May 14, 2013 5:14 pm

londonflash wrote:Wow, Javi, so that's where you've been!

Yes Andrew!
Miss ya, mate!

These are me and my Argentinean friends after Paul signed for us in Brazil, happy with our autographs

Tue May 14, 2013 5:49 pm

rjm wrote:
At least two mentioned members, and I haven't checked on all who were mentioned, were lurking about this past morning: they must have their "lurking settings" to "on," I guess, but haven't posted. I don't think one can do that if you cannot log in; you wouldn't be recorded by the computer. So, things are not always as they appear to be.

Javi: professional quality photographs! Congrats on a great job! And on having a swingin' time! :smt006

rjm

Banned people can login and it is then when the system tells them that they are banned. But then, their user data is updated at that moment.

Tue May 14, 2013 7:24 pm

Banned? Really? There are people who have been on this board forever and now they are not allowed to log in? We don't have to all get along (if you can't get along with me, you have a problem), but there's room here for anyone who is an Elvis fan providing they don't go to extremes to break the rules. We've lost some very good members over the years. I didn't always agree with their posts, but it made for some entertaining reading.

Aren't we overdoing it just a tad?

Tue May 14, 2013 9:49 pm

rjm wrote:
Jove wrote:
rjm wrote:

rjm

Nothing personal there; it's just that usernames are spelled in very particular ways, if one is doing a search.

rjm wrote:I couldn't find anyone called "etc etc."

Jove wrote:It does not take one to have a degree in PhD to know what I meant.

It was tongue-in-cheek, and I apologize if it was taken personally. It's just that there has been a sense of general panic that is perhaps over-the-top, if you do a search. It really wasn't directed at you, Jove, at all. You happened to be the one who said it is all. It's just "in the air." And I'm sorry if you felt offended, as that was not my intention.

It's just thst I would just like folks to chill a bit, and wait up. This is a good place, and we've been traumatized lately by real-world tragedy, so people are tending to freak out at things that appear to be what they may not be. Happens.

rjm

Maybe they have their settings set to automatically log in so the information would be filled in by the cookies on their computers, And they are still on the members list because their ban isn`t permanent they are banned for 2 weeks, I believe they are still having a swinging time though and continue to monkey around :wink:

Alan.

Tue May 14, 2013 9:52 pm

And back on topic, Glad you had a great time Javi and your photo`s are superb :)
Well done on getting the autograph as well.

Alan.

Wed May 15, 2013 5:41 pm

Chad Gates wrote:And back on topic, Glad you had a great time Javi and your photo`s are superb :)

Alan.

Thank you Alan!
Very nice of you as always.

Here's a video of a soundcheck song filmed by the guy next to me.
There are more if you want to see them, I can post them

phpBB [video]

Wed May 15, 2013 6:45 pm

javilu wrote:
Chad Gates wrote:And back on topic, Glad you had a great time Javi and your photo`s are superb :)

Alan.

Thank you Alan!
Very nice of you as always.

Here's a video of a soundcheck song filmed by the guy next to me.
There are more if you want to see them, I can post them

phpBB [video]

You are welcome and yes I would love to see more videos like that :) .

Nice camera you have btw, I used to have a Lumix FZ38 but recently upgraded to a Samsung nx1000 and I also have an Olympus SZ-30MR for snapshots as the Samsung is a bit big to carry round in your pocket, Keep taking those great photo`s you have a steady hand and your framing is always spot on .

Alan.

Wed May 15, 2013 7:04 pm

javilu wrote:Hi guys!
I have spent the most amazing 10 days of my life in Brazil.
Been to Belo Horizonte, Goiania and Fortaleza.
Seen 3 Paul McCartney concerts, 1 soundcheck and seen him going in and out of the hotels several times.

Javilu, hombre, vaya buena vida la tuya. Sana envidia al ver los hermosos lugares que recorres, la buena compañía y la inmensa suerte de estar cerca de Paul (esperamos ver más videos).

Un saludo, tocayo, desde las orillas del Mediterráneo :smt006

Thu May 16, 2013 3:11 am

Colin has been banned ????

Thu May 16, 2013 8:04 pm

Chad Gates wrote:
Nice camera you have btw, I used to have a Lumix FZ38 but recently upgraded to a Samsung nx1000 and I also have an Olympus SZ-30MR for snapshots as the Samsung is a bit big to carry round in your pocket, Keep taking those great photo`s you have a steady hand and your framing is always spot on .

Alan.

My camera is a Lumix FZ100. Most pics come out with a lot of noise when not using a flash but that's probably because I have to learn how to configure the manual controls.
Thanks Alan!
javierTCB wrote:
Javilu, hombre, vaya buena vida la tuya. Sana envidia al ver los hermosos lugares que recorres, la buena compañía y la inmensa suerte de estar cerca de Paul (esperamos ver más videos).

Un saludo, tocayo, desde las orillas del Mediterráneo :smt006

Gracias Javier!!!

This is my friend Marcos and me jamming to some of Paul's songs at Castro's Park Hotel in Goiania