Off Topic Messages

Problems viewing photos/pictures

Fri May 10, 2013 1:13 pm

For the last 2 weeks I've been unable to view any pictures uploaded on this forum by other posters, even when I'm logged in. I just get a constant spinning symbol saying 'loading'. Even my logo of my signature isn't appearing. Is anyone else having this problem? Can anyone help me?
Thanks.

Re: Problems viewing photos/pictures

Fri May 10, 2013 3:09 pm

Is it the same in different browsers?
Are you accessing the site from behind a restricted network? For example, I can't view pics or videos in work, but no problem from home.

Re: Problems viewing photos/pictures

Fri May 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Thanks for replying.
I'm accessing the site from home.
I went on the TCB-World site and was able to view uploaded pics. I've always used I.E so does this point to the error coming from this forum? I can see the pics on the picture gallery section.

Re: Problems viewing photos/pictures

Fri May 10, 2013 4:13 pm

garyt wrote:Thanks for replying.
I'm accessing the site from home.
I went on the TCB-World site and was able to view uploaded pics. I've always used I.E so does this point to the error coming from this forum? I can see the pics on the picture gallery section.


Hi Gary,
Try flushing your browser's cache. There does not appear to be an issue on the server's end.

Re: Problems viewing photos/pictures

Fri May 10, 2013 5:57 pm

fecc-mechanic wrote:
garyt wrote:Thanks for replying.
I'm accessing the site from home.
I went on the TCB-World site and was able to view uploaded pics. I've always used I.E so does this point to the error coming from this forum? I can see the pics on the picture gallery section.


Hi Gary,
Try flushing your browser's cache. There does not appear to be an issue on the server's end.


Also, are the pics linked from other websites? If so, can you view the websites themselves?

Re: Problems viewing photos/pictures

Sat May 11, 2013 4:55 am

Go to add/remove programs and remove all instances of java (jre and j2se) then go to java.com and download the latest version.

Re: Problems viewing photos/pictures

Sat May 11, 2013 12:39 pm

Thank you for your replies.
I Just logged on now and am now able to view all pictures. I don't know why as I haven't change anything: weird. Any ideas why I haven't been to view pictures for the last 2 weeks and now I can again?

Re: Problems viewing photos/pictures

Sat May 11, 2013 12:54 pm

garyt wrote:Thank you for your replies.
I Just logged on now and am now able to view all pictures. I don't know why as I haven't change anything: weird. Any ideas why I haven't been to view pictures for the last 2 weeks and now I can again?

Possible windows or other updates that were made to your system in the background.