Luther Vandross original
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5MzY1kt2M4

Re: LMP.. Dance With My Father Again

Tue May 07, 2013 3:00 am

it isn't actually Lisa Marie singing-the actual artist is Kellie Coffey
Nice version of it though.

Tue May 07, 2013 3:10 am

Greybeard wrote:it isn't actually Lisa Marie singing-the actual artist is Kellie Coffey

Gosh i thought that was her! How come it says LMP on Youtube?

Tue May 07, 2013 3:55 am

jungleroombear wrote:
Greybeard wrote:it isn't actually Lisa Marie singing-the actual artist is Kellie Coffey

Gosh i thought that was her! How come it says LMP on Youtube?

YouTube is like that; whatever the uploader writes, is what you see. Some people get REALLY angry when it's misleading.

It should say "tribute to Elvis and Lisa Marie Presley by . . ." But they don't always do that.

If I were Lisa, I think it would be hard to look at all these strangers trying to "feel my feelings" for me. I mean, it's really sweet, of course, but it must be difficult and still somewhat confusing to her.

In any event, she's rarely done covers, and this would be an emotionally difficult one. She's MUCH more comfortable with "angry and aggrieved" than something more wistful. Although on her latest, there were wistful moments, much more than expected. I have no real kick about her singing, as there are so many ways to express yourself with your voice. But when the case is that SHE is writing the words, and someone else is doing the music, it's frustrating to need a lyric sheet, ALWAYS, to understand her words. Her dad pronounced CLEARLY by comparison. It's so hard, sometimes, to get the words. (And in one song, she used jargon associated with the Scientologists, so I was clueless at first.)

I don't think it matters that her album wasn't a hit; she did a fine job and why should she care about being a big "hit"? "Gangnam Style" was BIG HIT. What does that prove, exactly, about its quality? It's a dance craze, basically, and not the best one, either. Hits aren't everything. And she's not a starving artist, after all.

rjm

Tue May 07, 2013 9:26 am

Nice sentiment,would give anything to "Dance with my dad again"

Tue May 07, 2013 11:31 am

That was very easy to spot since Kellie Coffey actually can sing.

Tue May 07, 2013 8:36 pm

I'm sure Kenny Rogers had the original hit with this great song.

Wed May 08, 2013 12:37 am

promiseland wrote:

That was very easy to spot since Kellie Coffey actually can sing.

Not heard of Kelly Coffey, so had no idea how she sounded, i just thought wow, Lisa's singing has really come on!

I guess like rjm pointed out, Lisa wouldn't be interested in such a song because the words would have to be personal to her.