Off Topic Messages

TTWII Tomorrow Never Comes ... rehersal

Fri May 03, 2013 9:49 pm

Just wanted to post this as its new to me. If its been posted before or been discussed at length i apologise in advance. I can't understand how this material is still gathering dust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... c81hY&NR=1

Re: TTWII Tomorrow Never Comes ... rehersal

Sat May 04, 2013 12:55 am

Love this!!

Sat May 04, 2013 1:37 am

Fantastic. The wealth of officially unreleased material, even just the stuff we know about, is amazing.

As you can see, I dont post all that often so I'm not up with posting etiquette. So please excuse the question, but why is this in off-topic? Looks pretty relevant to Elvis from my perspective.

Sat May 04, 2013 8:46 am

mick967 wrote:why is this in off-topic? Looks pretty relevant to Elvis from my perspective.

Good question...

Sat May 04, 2013 8:59 am

Wherever! Wow, that's good!

Thank you!

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Sat May 04, 2013 10:23 am

mick967 wrote:Fantastic. The wealth of officially unreleased material, even just the stuff we know about, is amazing.

As you can see, I dont post all that often so I'm not up with posting etiquette. So please excuse the question, but why is this in off-topic? Looks pretty relevant to Elvis from my perspective.

Thanks Mick. The reason i didn't post it in the "all Elvis" section is that i pressumed it would be old news and most people (who know about TTWII) would have seen it already... so thought i would sneak it quietly off topic. The TTWII DVD sold massively in the UK so one would think Turner would put out more of the same . There is seemingly a wealth of material that would add so much to Elvis' legacy.

Sat May 04, 2013 2:23 pm

Well, I've never seen it before and I think it's brilliant.

Thanks for posting it.

Sat May 04, 2013 2:35 pm

mick967 wrote:Well, I've never seen it before and I think it's brilliant.

Thanks for posting it.

I think it's brilliant too... and thanks very much!

Sat May 04, 2013 4:47 pm

Amazing vocals........

Sat May 04, 2013 4:59 pm

debtd1 wrote:Amazing vocals........

There can't be many singers who can max-out like Elvis does at the end of it!! Phew.

I wonder if the complete song was filmed? Also, if the reason it wasn't included in the movie or SE DVD was because for much of what we see, Elvis is partly obscured by that big microphone? Darn cameraman. lol.

Sat May 04, 2013 5:12 pm

my question is - why didn't Elvis do this song during the 'live' show?

RKS

Sat May 04, 2013 5:30 pm

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:my question is - why didn't Elvis do this song during the 'live' show?

It's a killer vocal line and Elvis would have suffered had he sung it regularly live: see also "If I Can Dream".

There is still a cracking album waiting to be assembled from the 1970 rehearsals, no question at all.

With appropriate promotion and maybe even a compilation bonus DVD it could sell reasonably well and garner good reviews.

Mon May 06, 2013 12:37 am

jungleroombear wrote:Just wanted to post this as its new to me. If its been posted before or been discussed at length i apologise in advance. I can't understand how this material is still gathering dust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... c81hY&NR=1

Thanks.

That is an artist in his element. The singer and his and band taking it to the summit.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:46 pm

This is footage that was new to me. I imagine this would look great on DVD. I hope it's new to others here too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... CTgSY&NR=1

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:53 am

He doesn't really nail the end, but that's not surprising as you can tell from early on in the performance that his voice is a little worn out. This could have been quite exciting on stage, and he would have pulled it off with his voice in the shape it was in during the TTWII shows.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:39 pm

Elvis does not nail the end simply because he was just rehearsing and he did not warm up his voice to sing a song like "Tomorrow Never Comes". A live version of this song in 1970 would have shown a compromising near of what we have in the studio version.