http://www.siriusxm.com/channelupdate

Re: some Sirius XM channels get switched on May 9

Fri May 03, 2013 10:04 pm

elvis4life wrote:And no, Elvis Radio's ch.19 is not 1 of them:

http://www.siriusxm.com/channelupdate

Are you sirius ? :facep: :shock:

Sat May 04, 2013 1:13 am

The mismanagement of the Elvis channel continues to amaze.

Mon May 06, 2013 4:15 am

Elvis radio isn't using new remasters on some songs the quality is bad on quite a few esp the sun era recordings u would think that EJ Would have gave them the BfT set and the Cm set to use.

Mon May 06, 2013 6:58 am

ritchie valens wrote:Elvis radio isn't using new remasters on some songs the quality is bad on quite a few esp the sun era recordings u would think that EJ Would have gave them the BfT set and the Cm set to use.

Whether they use the 2007 remasters or not matters very little on Elvis Radio as all the music is compressed to 128kbps... it all sounds like crap... and it's ridiculous why FM radio sounds better than satellite. Thankfully I don't need Elvis Radio to enjoy his music.

Mon May 06, 2013 7:26 pm

intheghetto wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:Whether they use the 2007 remasters or not matters very little on Elvis Radio as all the music is compressed to 128kbps... it all sounds like crap... and it's ridiculous why FM radio sounds better than satellite. Thankfully I don't need Elvis Radio to enjoy his music.

Actually FM and many internet stations sound way better than satellite. It's amazing to me that the powers that be at Sirius haven't addressed that issue.

Probably because the vast majority of people don't mind hearing the poor (sound) quality music that comes from Sirius... besides when Howard Stern retires in 2 years (if he does in fact retire) satellite radio will tank...

Mon May 06, 2013 7:29 pm

ritchie valens wrote:Elvis radio isn't using new remasters on some songs the quality is bad on quite a few esp the sun era recordings u would think that EJ Would have gave them the BfT set and the Cm set to use.

If EJ would have gave them the Cm and BfT do you think that they would play new remasters on some songs quality bad or not esp sun era recordings to use?

I do.

Tue May 07, 2013 1:33 am

intheghetto wrote: ever since I've discovered apps like TuneInRadio and run them through my system I wonder why I even bother paying for Sirius anymore.

Any tips on stations with good sound quality?

The Elvis and Springsteen channels I have found via TuneIn sound even worse than Sirius XM.

Chris

Tue May 07, 2013 11:57 pm

intheghetto wrote:
Not all of the stations on TuneIn have great reception, do a search and you'll find a few. I like WLNG from Sag Harbor, NY as well as My Hillbilly Music, Radio Rockabilly Country Front, Fun45s.com and WBTG 1290 from Sheffield, AL which sounds great coming through my vintage 1954 RCA tube radio.

I tried a couple of those stations and the streams were 128 kbps and sound comparable to Sirius XM to my ears.

Chris