Off Topic Messages

Jim Carrey Is great!

Thu May 02, 2013 1:36 pm

Been a fan of the guys movies for years heck i even thought Popper's Penguins was funny altough it wasnt well reseived, I watched the cable guy last week, it's a great movie! this moment was really funny

phpBB [video]

Re: Jim Carrey Is great!

Fri May 03, 2013 8:35 pm

He's ran a bit hot and cold for quite a few years now, but I also like Jim Carrey and think that he brings a great deal to any film. Especially if he's on the ball with good material, although he has enough screen-presence and smarts in front of the camera to elevate lesser material, such as the aforementioned Mr. Popper's Penguins -- especially when good direction isn't on his side. And, good or bad, I never get a sense of indifference from him on screen. Not that he hasn't hit bum notes; as I mentioned above, he's more off the boil than on these days, although he promises a lot in Kick Ass 2. Still, I would rank Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind as being among THE great films of the 21st century, with Carrey on splendid form with a first-rate script, superb direction and quality acting all-round. And although the likes of Mr. Popper's Penguins missed the mark, Carrey's ventures into family friendly material has been rewarding, with A Christmas Carol and, to a lesser extent, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. Liar, Liar was also a step in the right direction, and although few actors can do the madcap stuff so well, I like his ambition and attempts to be taken more seriously paid off in dividends with The Truman Show, Man on the Moon and the underrated The Majestic. I Love You, Philip Morris shows that he's still willing to take risks and either pursue, or accept, challenging material. Which will help him endure and remain sought after when contemporaries, such as Adam Sandler and Ben Stiller, are frequently type-cast and far more narrow in their pursuits.
Last edited by greystoke on Sat May 04, 2013 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 03, 2013 9:30 pm

I don't think Jim Carrey has made a good movie in about 10 years.

I don't know why that is maybe the good material stopped coming.

Sat May 04, 2013 3:30 am

brian wrote:I don't think Jim Carrey has made a good movie in about 10 years.

Don't you rate Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind or I Love You, Philip Morris? Eternal Sunshine is a brilliant film in every capacity, and I Love You, Philip Morris contains one of his very best performances, and is a very good film. I'm also fond of A Christmas Carol, although there have been better adaptations, this is involving, creative and suitably dark. I do think his output has been patchy the past few years, but he's not guilty of acting in real clangers, other than the very poor The Number 23.

Sat May 04, 2013 5:16 am

greystoke wrote:
brian wrote:I don't think Jim Carrey has made a good movie in about 10 years.

Don't you rate Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind or I Love You, Philip Morris? Eternal Sunshine is a brilliant film in every capacity, and I Love You, Philip Morris contains one of his very best performances.

Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind was Jim Carrey's last good movie in my view.

It came out in 2004.

Sat May 04, 2013 11:01 am

JimCarrey's impression of Elvis!

http://youtu.be/Bev-GPfDwno

Sat May 04, 2013 4:53 pm

jacob wrote:JimCarrey's impression of Elvis!

http://youtu.be/Bev-GPfDwno

mmmm, he certainly had the 'rubber legs thing going'.............lol

Sat May 04, 2013 6:40 pm

I always liked Jim Carey. Lot of his movies are great and funny even the ones with a more serious story line. :lol:

But I sometimes think his humour is a bit over the top!

Sun May 05, 2013 1:28 am

He has made brilliant films but a few terrible ones as well where he tries to be funny and its backfires and turns out quite embarrassing.

Sun May 05, 2013 3:09 am

My personal favorite Jim Carrey flick... and his best work IMO.