Off Topic Messages

Keith Richards doesn't own an iPod

Wed May 01, 2013 9:51 pm

No big surprise there. I like what he had to say in this article...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-575 ... n-an-ipod/

Here's a person who may not have been on the ground floor of rock n roll, but he certainly (to put it understatedly) picked up the torch not long after. His philosophy may now be regarded by some as the thoughts of a burned-out old man, but just because your old and a little burnt doesn't mean you don't know what you're talking about. 'The price of the future' indeed...

Re: Keith Richards doesn't own an iPod

Wed May 01, 2013 10:16 pm

Neither do I!

All my music is on CD.

Wed May 01, 2013 10:19 pm

I wouldn't mind his vinyl collection.

Wed May 01, 2013 10:23 pm

Interesting, and totally fits.

About 20 years ago, Mick wanted the whole band to get the new "cell phones." You know: when they had "The Brick." Great way for everybody to stay in touch, he thought.

Keith demurred. "It's like sticking your head in a microwave oven."

I have NEVER forgotten that! And I use land lines whenever possible. Still.

rjm

Wed May 01, 2013 11:20 pm

rjm wrote:Interesting, and totally fits.

About 20 years ago, Mick wanted the whole band to get the new "cell phones." You know: when they had "The Brick." Great way for everybody to stay in touch, he thought.

Keith demurred. "It's like sticking your head in a microwave oven."

I have NEVER forgotten that! And I use land lines whenever possible. Still.

rjm

I hear you (no pun intended).

There's something out right now called the 'Pop Phone' or at least that's one of the brand names.
http://www.bing.com/shopping/pop-phone- ... &FORM=HURE
Basically it's a retro handset like the ones on REAL phones, that plugs into the mini headphone jack of your smart/cell phone. Apparently it's also supposed to elimintate '99% of mobile radiation'. That's a nice thought, right? I thought they told us cell phones weren't supposed to be dangerous like that.

Yeah, right.

I'm tellin you, between the technological hazards, people who text and drive, the near eradication of common courtesy, and overall love-fest that the general population has with digital devices the dumbing-down of society is near completion. Very near.

Anyway...I picked one up these Pop-phones last December and it's great. It also feels like normal telephone communication again. Like I don't feel like I'm talking into a calculator.