Off Topic Messages

Long lost photos of Elvis as a Child?

Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:50 pm

These photos are on facebook and they are supposed to be a young Elvis, but to me they look nothing like him..what are your thoughts.

Re: Long lost photos of Elvis as a Child?

Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:00 pm

Nope, nothing like him!

Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:14 pm

None of them even close.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:14 pm

yeah that's what I was thinking too, also some of the photos look too "Modern" to my eyes...I guess the "new" thing is to find photos of children in overalls and claiming they are Elvis..lol

Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:02 pm

I would avoid that Facebook page if I were you -- it's a waste of time.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:11 pm

Terrible. Take the Docs advice on this one.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:17 pm

Knife sharp colour pics of our hero at 5 or 6? Too good to be true and it could be anyone, really. Only not Elvis.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:45 am

joshferrell wrote:These photos are on facebook and they are supposed to be a young Elvis, but to me they look nothing like him..what are your thoughts.

Yes for this one

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:00 am

Sorry but Nope, nope, nope, nope and nope. Anyone claiming that any of these are a young Elvis simply doesn't know their subject. The colour shots are anachronistic. The others have the wrong head shape, eyes..everything.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:05 am

Strange obsession with young boys.Its not Maurice's FB page is it?

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:10 am

Jim Dandy wrote:Strange obsession with young boys.Its not Maurice's FB page is it?

I don't know..it's a fan page on facebook.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:21 am

I was just there again, and am getting more and more distressed at what they are posting. There are no checks and balances. I do think they removed the one picture I posted, though. It was CRAZY! (Whomever that poor child was, his picture has been seen by hundreds of people now! LOL! Sorry.)

I thought it had great potential, but they post EVERYTHING and ANYTHING, seemingly without any editorial control. They just do it. They believe everyone who puts up a picture because their cousin of their good friend's granny was THERE!

Disappointing, because it was very promising as a good idea. Perhaps someone else has a better page.

This is the ruination of a potentially wonderful idea. Forget the pictures of the family, of which there are few. It's the geography of the area that is really important. And they have some stuff that is valuable, but they have ZERO credibility, which ruins everything. Dang fools.

Roy Turner is on Facebook. Have to look around.

rjm

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:29 am

steevefry wrote:
joshferrell wrote:These photos are on facebook and they are supposed to be a young Elvis, but to me they look nothing like him..what are your thoughts.

Yes for this one

That's what I was gonna post. How can you say yes? What are the signs, in your opinion? First of all, they say in 1941, he would have been "7." Which means arithmetic was not their best subject. He would have been six.

I see nothing in that boy that either looks like, or doesn't look like Elvis. Looks to be anyone. Only the age looks maybe 6. Although different children grow at different rates. I was usually small for my age, but sometimes I grew real fast, in spurts. So you can't tell. (Which is neat for hiding your precise birthyear on Facebook. I could be older, I could be younger, or I could be younger. :mrgreen: :smt001 )

But that's the thing: it's very hard to tell, and it's a profile. What do you see? I wouldn't go by their testimony. I don't even know if that's Vernon in the middle. Maybe, maybe not.

Here's the full pic, to which they refer you "for more information":

ChurchMarkedUP.jpg

The child looks about 4 years old to me. Like I said, that varies, but at first glance.

rjm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:57 am

i see here ..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:40 pm

No way, José!

Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:56 pm

rjm wrote:I was just there again, and am getting more and more distressed at what they are posting.

I wonder how distressed they are getting from the things you've posted?

rjm wrote:... they have ZERO credibility, which ruins everything.

Ironic.

Fri May 03, 2013 6:24 am

Blue River wrote:
rjm wrote:I was just there again, and am getting more and more distressed at what they are posting.

I wonder how distressed they are getting from the things you've posted?

rjm wrote:... they have ZERO credibility, which ruins everything.

Ironic.

I didn't post anything there. Just here, for discussion of one of their pics. Didn't criticize anything at this point. I just had high hopes for it.

I can see your posts now. I have no "foes."

Be well,
rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2