Off Topic Messages

Elston Gunn - Folksingers Choice

Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:22 am

Well it's none other than Bob Dylan. This is his complete one hour set radio gig.

This is copy and pasted from the uploader -

Taken from a 1962 appearance on Cynthia Gooding's radio show, Folksinger's Choice is indeed just that: a rare sampling of a recently-discovered (and renamed) Bob Dylan going through a small repertoire of early folk, blues and country standards. Serious Dylan fans would do well to have this historically important bootleg in their collection. Dylan is on top of his game on the show, playing several good -- and some great -- songs, but it is his comments to Gooding in between sets that also make the album such an entertaining listen. Throughout the interview, he continuously leads the host on, telling various tall tales about his background (including a story of his longtime stay with a traveling carnival!), which Gooding falls for (or at least pretends to fall for) at the drop of a hat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4nLsQupfEk

Hey Johnno, Am trying find a download of the 1991 release The Bootleg Series Volumes 1-3. It ain't on YT yet.

Re: Elston Gunn - Folksingers Choice

Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:50 am

Robt wrote:Well it's none other than Bob Dylan. This is his complete one hour set radio gig.

This is copy and pasted from the uploader -

Taken from a 1962 appearance on Cynthia Gooding's radio show, Folksinger's Choice is indeed just that: a rare sampling of a recently-discovered (and renamed) Bob Dylan going through a small repertoire of early folk, blues and country standards. Serious Dylan fans would do well to have this historically important bootleg in their collection. Dylan is on top of his game on the show, playing several good -- and some great -- songs, but it is his comments to Gooding in between sets that also make the album such an entertaining listen. Throughout the interview, he continuously leads the host on, telling various tall tales about his background (including a story of his longtime stay with a traveling carnival!), which Gooding falls for (or at least pretends to fall for) at the drop of a hat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4nLsQupfEk

Hey Johnno, Am trying find a download of the 1991 release The Bootleg Series Volumes 1-3. It ain't on YT yet.

I think you can buy it. I had a song from it on there, and they struck my account! 10,000 view counts! "Web sheriff." It will be six months probation!

Hey, thanks. If you can buy it, do so. I bought two! My old car had no IPod support until I got the cassette thingy. So I bought one for the car. It's that awesome! THE Dylan collection, if there must be just one. Like Doritos, "just one" is hard! God, I love that old b. . . attlexe. I do.

rjm

Re: Elston Gunn - Folksingers Choice

Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:59 am

I used to have it. I like winding Johnno "Isn't downloading fun" up.