Off Topic Messages

Re: North Korean topic has vanished.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:47 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
ColinB wrote:
londonflash wrote:What happened to the Scorsese / EOT thread?

This is what happens when moderators are given absolute power, but without accountability.

They delete complete threads without explanation or apology - and with no come-back whatsoever...

You've been here nearly a decade. Instead of your never-ending complaints, maybe you should read this page:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17777

You also have been here a member for ten years, and so know that if you think Colin is breaking a rule you should report him and not bring it upon yourself to deal with it within the forum.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:48 am

carolynlm wrote:Families of military personnel wouldn't be unhappy that the thread was removed.

Carolyn, if families of military personnel wanted to keep abreast of the situation, the likelihood is that they would visit a reliable news source.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:08 am

carolynlm wrote:Yes, we do......but I just think the less people talk about this maniac, the better things would be.
Australia is great mates with the US.

I apologise, I misread your post as "wouldn't be happy" rather than "unhappy". Sorry.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:16 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
ColinB wrote:

This is what happens when moderators are given absolute power, but without accountability.

They delete complete threads without explanation or apology - and with no come-back whatsoever...

You've been here nearly a decade. Instead of your never-ending complaints, maybe you should read this page:

If I'm going to criticise the moderators, I want to do it here where all can read it !

On the other hand, they [of course] would prefer it all done 'out-of-sight' by PM !

No chance !

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:12 am

poormadpeter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
ColinB wrote:

You also have been here a member for ten years, and so know that if you think Colin is breaking a rule you should report him and not bring it upon yourself to deal with it within the forum.

You miss completely the point.

Since you took it upon yourself to chide me, let me explain it a second time, in two simple-to-read chunks:

(1) I don't think he is "breaking a rule."
(2) I do think his endless complaints have no merit, since the rules are posted for all to see.

Hope this helps.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:42 am

Mods, I too wish you guys would stop deleting entire topics. Why should the majority be punished just because of posts from one or two that may have breached the guidelines ? Delete the offending posts instead OK ! That's not hard to do.