Off Topic Messages

North Korean topic has vanished.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 am

The topic i put up about the N.Korean crisis has vanished. :?

Not been given a reason why and to my knowledge, no rules had been broken.

Just wondering why it has been deleted.

Re: North Korean topic has vanished.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:29 am

Bodie wrote:The topic i put up about the N.Korean crisis has vanished. :?

The mods here have had a common-courtesy by-pass...

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:31 am

Bodie wrote:The topic i put up about the N.Korean crisis has vanished. :?

yes we know that. They remove (more and more) topics that members post !

I placed a topic last week (James Dean last pic) and 3 days later ... gone!

Is starting to get really tired !

However, the section is called 'Off Topic'!

This shows the high intellectual level of the one who removes it

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:37 am

It had no religious or political content that i was aware of, just a very serious news item.

When i left the topic last night, no one was getting into any fights and it was quite an interesting debate on other members reactions/concerns about this serious situation that could effect the world.
Last edited by Bodie on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:13 pm

It was Nuked

Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:29 pm

I was a little freaked by the Dean pic, but did wish to ask opinions about it. Was he alive? He looks messed up, and they are not tending to him. He's like in the ground. Like cut in half.

It might have been considered extremely disturbing, but I did wish to ask about it. But it was gone.

Could anyone answer without reposting? Was he alive?

As for "Korea" perhaps it went a bit off-topic, or people are truly frightened of that crazy kid. I dunno.

Cute, Ken! Nuked! Someday this may all seem funny.

rjm

Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:14 pm

A lots of topics are cencored/removed on FECC........no idea why as most of them dont
go against the rules......how long will this one stay??

Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:25 pm

rjm wrote:I was a little freaked by the Dean pic, but did wish to ask opinions about it. Was he alive? He looks messed up, and they are not tending to him. He's like in the ground. Like cut in half.

rjm

It was Porsche mechanic Rolf Wutherich in that picture, not James Dean. Wutherich was accompanying Dean on the trip. He suffered leg and hip injuries and so is laying on the floor (not cut in half).

james_dean_rolf_wutherich.jpg

crash.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:25 pm

There were photos taken of James Dean before they removed his body, but the photographer has never released them.

He took them as a record of who was driving, should there ever be doubt about it.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:07 pm

ColinB wrote:There were photos taken of James Dean before they removed his body, but the photographer has never released them.

He took them as a record of who was driving, should there ever be doubt about it.

But if he never released them, surely he was only creating doubt? If Elvis hadn't been photographed in repose, we would only have the word of a couple of dozen people who saw his body before burial. Further, why do so many choose to believe Elvis is still alive when there is so much evidence to the contrary yet everyone accepts that James Dean died with the absence of said evidence?

BTW i think it scandalous that the N Korea topic was deleted... without such debate sparking creation of new thinking , how can mankind ever solve problems?

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:19 pm

jungleroombear wrote:
ColinB wrote:There were photos taken of James Dean before they removed his body, but the photographer has never released them.

But if he never released them, surely he was only creating doubt? If Elvis hadn't been photographed in repose, we would only have the word of a couple of dozen people who saw his body before burial. Further, why do so many choose to believe Elvis is still alive when there is so much evidence to the contrary yet everyone accepts that James Dean died with the absence of said evidence?

BTW i think it scandalous that the N Korea topic was deleted... without such debate sparking creation of new thinking , how can mankind ever solve problems?

No, why would we need photos of a dead man to believe he was dead? Dean's fandom at that point had relatively little of the obsessional flavour that much of Presley's fandom had developed by 1977. Anyone who found it hard to believe that Elvis died in 1977 surely had not seen him in performance in the year or two prior to that - and the broadcasting of the EIC special in the October of 1977 should have put to bed any disbelief fans had that Elvis had died. That performance shows a very ill man from start to finish.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Bodie wrote:

Kim Jong threatened to nuke this site using his slinky and playdoh collection.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:28 pm

There has been a lot of threads deleted over the last few days. Some of those, no doubt, are due to Sweeangeline's little rampage, although I sincerely hope that some of those threads returns with the offensive posts deleted as a couple of them included information unique to these boards. But this normally takes a couple of days anyway. But the deletion of the Korea thread was unrelated to those issues as far as I'm aware - and there was certainly nothing offensive in it the last time I looked in on it.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:45 pm

poormadpeter wrote:There has been a lot of threads deleted over the last few days. Some of those, no doubt, are due to Sweeangeline's little rampage, although I sincerely hope that some of those threads returns with the offensive posts deleted as a couple of them included information unique to these boards. But this normally takes a couple of days anyway. But the deletion of the Korea thread was unrelated to those issues as far as I'm aware - and there was certainly nothing offensive in it the last time I looked in on it.

Same here.

As the situation in North Korea is a serious and on-going news item, i thought it would be a good idea to bring up a topic on this subject with updates from members if they see anything on the news.

As far as i was aware, no one was being offensive to any other member. :?

Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:26 pm

Bodie,

ian was offensive and Robin called him out for it and it was removed.

He also got offensive in the Obama Cookies thread and that one was removed as well.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:13 pm

Mitch wrote:Bodie,

ian was offensive and Robin called him out for it and it was removed.

He also got offensive in the Obama Cookies thread and that one was removed as well.

So everyone who contributed to the topic gets punished? :cry:

Thanks Mitch, now i know why its been deleted.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Moderator obviously couldn't be bothered to remove the offending post (s) :evil: Not cool.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:01 pm

I'm sorry. :( I didn't push any buttons. And I called him "hon."

I plead innocent of all charges!

Seriously.

rjm (a very nice member was called a juvenile epithet, so I told Ian that was "not cool" at all - that's all)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:17 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
Bodie wrote:

Kim Jong threatened to nuke this site using his slinky and playdoh collection.

It would be funny, if he didn't have such power - and nukes.

He just deported many, possibly all South Koreans who were currently working in the North. Because he is "at war." :-?

I had asked if this was perhaps a matter for the World Court? Could Kim be removed and taken into custody, and charged with - I dunno: threatening the safety of *the world*. And held until he maybe "grows up" -- becomes a responsible individual. A prison term for these very serious, unprovoked threats?

It seems this privileged young man has no boundaries. And I think South Korean citizens and the people of Alaska should not have to go through this.

rjm

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 pm

rjm wrote:I'm sorry. :( I didn't push any buttons. And I called him "hon."

Seriously.

rjm (a very nice member was called a juvenile epithet, so I told Ian that was "not cool" at all - that's all)

No Robin you did nothing wrong at all.

I even thanked you for sticking up for me.

I am sorry if you thought I was throwing you under the bus for the threads being removed.

It wasn't your fault at all.

Thank you again for having my back when ian attacked me. I didn't even know what he wrote about me until I got a PM for another member telling me.

Have a nice day Robin. (my hero :wink: )

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:29 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
jungleroombear wrote:

No, why would we need photos of a dead man to believe he was dead? Dean's fandom at that point had relatively little of the obsessional flavour that much of Presley's fandom had developed by 1977. Anyone who found it hard to believe that Elvis died in 1977 surely had not seen him in performance in the year or two prior to that - and the broadcasting of the EIC special in the October of 1977 should have put to bed any disbelief fans had that Elvis had died. That performance shows a very ill man from start to finish.

:roll:

Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:00 am

What happened to the Scorsese / EOT thread?

Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:07 am

londonflash wrote:What happened to the Scorsese / EOT thread?

This is what happens when moderators are given absolute power, but without accountability.

They delete complete threads without explanation or apology - and with no come-back whatsoever...

Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

Mitch wrote:
rjm wrote:I'm sorry. :( I didn't push any buttons. And I called him "hon."

Seriously.

No Robin you did nothing wrong at all.

I even thanked you for sticking up for me.

I am sorry if you thought I was throwing you under the bus for the threads being removed.

It wasn't your fault at all.

Thank you again for having my back when ian attacked me. I didn't even know what he wrote about me until I got a PM for another member telling me.

Have a nice day Robin. (my hero :wink: )

What? You're MY hero, Mitch!

No worries, my friend. :D

Best,
Robin

Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:56 am

ColinB wrote:
londonflash wrote:What happened to the Scorsese / EOT thread?

This is what happens when moderators are given absolute power, but without accountability.

They delete complete threads without explanation or apology - and with no come-back whatsoever...

You've been here nearly a decade. Instead of your never-ending complaints, maybe you should read this page:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17777