Herman's Hermits - For Love

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Herman's Hermits - For Love

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

What do others think of this cool B-side ?

It was the 'B' side of "This Door Swings Both Ways." Jimmy Page and John Bonham (of Led Zeppelin) apparently feature on this one.

RonBaker2003
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Re: Herman's Hermits - For Love

Post by RonBaker2003 »

I like most of the Herman's Hermits records. Things got a bit dodgy on the second side of "Blaze", but the entire discography is worth a listen. Most I love, but some I only like.

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man »

One of my favourites of theirs.

I LOVE the Blaze album! Fantastic! Even the weird bits!

TELL IT LIKE IT IS, SON!!! Excusez-moi monsieur ?
Image Image

zolderopruiming1

Post by zolderopruiming1 »

Did Peter Noone ever write a book about his meeting with Elvis?

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Did Peter Noone ever write a book about his meeting with Elvis?
Judging by the embarrassing recording of it, I doubt there was enough material to write a synopsis.

Image Image

zolderopruiming1

Post by zolderopruiming1 »

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:Did Peter Noone ever write a book about his meeting with Elvis?
Judging by the embarrassing recording of it, I doubt there was enough material to write a synopsis.
It must have been the experience of a lifetime for a 16 year old to meet his idol.
On the recording you can hear Peter was nervous and Elvis was embarrashed by a remark of one of his buddies.
It would be nice to know what Peter Noone thought of the meeting.

About a decade ago, I was chatting with Barry Whitwam, the drummer from Hermans Hermits (he really hated Peter and kept referring to him as "that poof!"). We got onto the subject of Elvis and Hawaii. All he had to say about it was that the meeting was very brief, Elvis looked seriously bored, almost like he'd been forced to meet them, and that the whole group (the Memphis Mafia boys) "took the piss" (which means poked fun) at them all for the entire visit.

After a few minutes, Elvis went off with the radio DJ (I presume he meant Tom Moffat) in a car with Elvis driving and a couple of his friends in the back. They never saw him again.

Image Image

Topic author
Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:About a decade ago, I was chatting with Barry Whitwam, the drummer from Hermans Hermits (he really hated Peter and kept referring to him as "that poof!"). We got onto the subject of Elvis and Hawaii. All he had to say about it was that the meeting was very brief, Elvis looked seriously bored, almost like he'd been forced to meet them, and that the whole group (the Memphis Mafia boys) "took the piss" (which means poked fun) at them all for the entire visit.

After a few minutes, Elvis went off with the radio DJ (I presume he meant Tom Moffat) in a car with Elvis driving and a couple of his friends in the back. They never saw him again.

Andy that's an interesting post you wrote because throughout the radio interview one gets the feeling that Elvis and Peter were equally fans and also EP had an avid interest on the British beat groups. Guess what your saying is the whole exercise was staged.

Barry is kinda a bitter fella - or that's how he comes across. But I get the feeling he was telling the truth to a certain extent.

I doubt Peter Noone's music would have made a giant impression on Elvis. He was certainly courteous with the boys, but it was all in a days work.

Image Image