Off Topic Messages

James Burton and Jimi Hendrix played together?

Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:22 pm

James Burton was in town recently and did a q and a with a audience and he revealed that he met and played with Jimi Hendrix in the 60's before Jimi became a Huge star. anyone hear about this before and if so do you know when this was? Burton never went into great detail.

Re: James Burton and Jimi Hendrix played together?

Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:31 pm

When Hendrix was Jimmy James and the Blue Flames or with Little Richard .....doubtful :?

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:41 pm

DEH wrote:James Burton was in town recently and did a q and a with a audience and he revealed that he met and played with Jimi Hendrix in the 60's before Jimi became a Huge star. anyone hear about this before and if so do you know when this was? Burton never went into great detail.

Where was this Burton visit and "q and a with an audience"?

After being chosen in the 2011 Rolling Stone greatest guitarist poll, he told the press "Jimi and I played together at Capitol Records back in the '60s."

Could this be what you're actually referring to?

As for the statement, there's no documentation of any such event.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:45 pm

I'm betting James taught Jimi how to play "Johnny B. Goode" with the guitar behind his head.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:46 pm

Rob wrote:I'm betting James taught Jimi how to play "Johnny B. Goode" with the guitar behind his head.

Thanks.

Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:12 am

Rob wrote:I'm betting James taught Jimi how to play "Johnny B. Goode" with the guitar behind his head.

No, no. James turned Jimi on to paisley.

Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:58 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
DEH wrote:James Burton was in town recently and did a q and a with a audience and he revealed that he met and played with Jimi Hendrix in the 60's before Jimi became a Huge star. anyone hear about this before and if so do you know when this was? Burton never went into great detail.

Where was this Burton visit and "q and a with an audience"?

After being chosen in the 2011 Rolling Stone greatest guitarist poll, he told the press "Jimi and I played together at Capitol Records back in the '60s."

Could this be what you're actually referring to?

As for the statement, there's no documentation of any such event.

Who cares what Rolling Stone said, they have so many lists that are absolute B.S.!!!!! I like reading some of their stuff, but the "top of" lists that they have including Elvis especially, are really ignorant!! 8)

Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:37 am

I don't think anyone does the question has nothing to with Rolling Stone it's just a quote from an article.