Off Topic Messages

Re: Ghosts?

Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:15 am

ColinB wrote:
promiseland wrote:...the body of a Hispanic pregnant woman was brutally raped and murdered and found there, and the case still remained unsolved to this day...

Was the real woman killed before you took your photo ?

I can't see any reply to this................

Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:53 am

Rob wrote:My mother-in-law passed away in 2007. The day of the funeral, I woke up with an eerie feeling that I only felt when she was near. No matter what I did, I couldn't shake the feeling. When we got to the funeral home, the feeling only got worse. It wasn't a grieving feeling, just eerie. There's no other way to explain it. I then noticed (of all things) a wasp flying around the ceiling. It was flying fairly rapidly like it was agitated. I saw that the wasp then landed on the arm of a sofa that was not yet occupied. I walked over toward the wasp. The closer I got, the more that eerie feeling came over me. I then realized that it was the same feeling I had everytime I was around my mother-in-law. I took the funeral announcement that I had in my hand and rolled it up. With one swift "whap" the smashed wasp fell to the floor lifeless. I have not had that eerie feeling in 6 years.

Coincidence? I think not.

Thanks for brightening up my Wednesday morning!

Please don't tell my mother-in-law.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:17 pm

Pete Dube wrote:I'm hoping the ghost of the Direct tv genie visits me, and that there'll be lots of moaning and chain rattling. I'll be doing the moaning while she rattles my chain! (Dodges rotten fruit and eggs hurled by rjm.)

LOL! Been hearing a lot about her lately. ;)

-----
Re: Lotto. Maybe those who DID win, or some of 'em, were psychic. I mean, that's at least as logical.

I, personally, have a true story about a car that disappeared (and strangely returned), but I need a better keyboard to properly explain. Only paranormal thing I've experienced. And there were witnesses! A whole car! For real.

-----
It was my father's birthday 1997, and I treated him to dinner. The three of us were there. Parked the car, which was black, almost right opposite the restaurant's door. Italian restaurant in La Mirada. Finished, came out, and the CAR WAS GONE! Checked the licence plate! It was a different one, and a different color car. Checked all the cars in the vicinity of where it should have been: no dice. Not only did we all see it clearly - missing, and not only did we all walk all around the parking lot, looking for it (with licence plate number!), but somebody from the restaurant was outside, and helped us look around. This was witnessed. There seemed to be a completely different car there.

This went on for about 10, 15 minutes, and then my dad decided he had to go back inside and "report a stolen car." He went to the steps, and was going in. I turned around to look at him, and I guess she did, too. The other guy had gone back inside, I guess.

And when I turned back, there it was! And he turned around just before going in, and he saw it too, and my mom saw it too! The car was right there where it should have been! I mean, the other car(s) had a different license plate!

I thought maybe it was some kind of teleportation or something. How does a car disappear? I don't know what category of the paranormal that falls within, save for the Philadelphia Experiment. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Experiment

And that's my one paranormal experience so far.

http://portofinos.net/index.id.181608.page.virtual.room.li1.jpg.htm

You can see the parking lot, by clicking "Main Entrance" and it will give you a 360 view. That is the restaurant. And the car was opposite the entrance. And then wasn't. And then was.

-----

rjm (Rob, that was hilarious. Thanks.)
Last edited by rjm on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:41 pm

ColinB wrote:
ColinB wrote:
promiseland wrote:...the body of a Hispanic pregnant woman was brutally raped and murdered and found there, and the case still remained unsolved to this day...

Yes she was already murdered at the time of the photo, but wasn't discovered yet.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:01 pm

rjm wrote:-----
Re: Lotto. Maybe those who DID win, or some of 'em, were psychic. I mean, that's at least as logical.

Diane, the lady in those videos I posted, can meet a perfect stranger and tell them if they have lost somebody, give them their names how they passed etc but cannot win the lottery, we've joked about that, she says she struggles to win £10 which is 3 numbers !

About 15 years ago, a lottery Jackpot winner appeared on the Lottery show, she told of how "my dead brother appeared to me in my dream and gave me these lottery numbers" she may have been lying, but who knows ?

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:48 pm

promiseland wrote:
ColinB wrote:
ColinB wrote:

Yes she was already murdered at the time of the photo, but wasn't discovered yet.

Thanks !

Don't take your photo to the authorities, or you'll become a prime suspect !

Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:29 am

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Not really a ghost story but something weird happening.
Years ago I just arrived at work when I got a phonecall from the hospital where my mother was admitted for surgery and a nurse said "Here's your mother on the phone, she has been frantic for the past 30 minutes so we finally decided to gi e in and phone you".
Then my mother asked "What is wrong with my mother?, Did she die?".
I told her no.
Then about an hour later I got a phonecall from an aunt, my mother's sister, that my grandmother had passed away that morning.
It appeared she had been out of bed that morning but had not opened the curtains.
So by agreement my grandmother's neighbour phoned my aunt, who then went and looked and found my grandmother on the bed and a fresh untouched cup of tea on the table.
Somehow my mother knew or felt her mother had passed away.
My mother also knew when someone in the family was pregnant and whether it would be a boy or a girl.
This went so far that some day she said she saw a coloured child but all in our family are Kaukasian.
It appeared a niece was busy adopting a coloured girl!

Interesting, thanks for sharing !

There's an Neuropsyciatrist named, Dr Peter Fenwick, who now researches near death experiences, and he has collected thousands of stories like that of your Mum and Grandmother !

I personally find it fascinating and would love to know exactly what is happening when things like this happen, I think it at least warrants study, and not a total dismissal.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:16 pm

ColinB wrote:
promiseland wrote:
ColinB wrote:
ColinB wrote:

Thanks !

I am thinking about contacting one of those ghost stories shows that comes on cable and sell it. :mrgreen:

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:54 pm

promiseland wrote:
ColinB wrote:
promiseland wrote:
ColinB wrote:
ColinB wrote:

Thanks !

I am thinking about contacting one of those ghost stories shows that comes on cable and sell it. :mrgreen:

Give it a go !

Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:40 pm

rjm wrote:Re: Lotto. Maybe those who DID win, or some of 'em, were psychic. I mean, that's at least as logical.

Then many of the so-called psychic people would win more than once, right? Not many people win the lottery twice or more..

Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:42 pm

if psychics really exist...then how come the first question one asks is "what is your name?" when meeting you for the first time? If they are psychic, wouldn't they already know your name? :smt005 As far as ghosts are concerned...i really do believe. But, my house is not the place that is haunted...it is the store i work in that is haunted. Even though three people have died in my house since it was first built by relatives back in 1955, i have never had a single weird or unexplainable thing happen. here. The store where i work has had numerous weird things happening there, though, and among them:

-the employee bathroom is located in an area of the store that is in a rather deserted part of the building. On no less than three occasions recently, i was in there, there was a loud pounding on the door and when i opened it, no one was there. My friend, the store security guard, found this interesting, so, he pulled up the security tape on the monitor and no one was outside of the door when the knocking occured!

-a lady complained that a black shadow passed by her when she was waiting at the checkout. She was so startled by it, that she let out a shriek and left without purchasing anything.

-a figure of a man was seen in a storage room. The fluorescent light in the room was flickering when this sighting occured. As soon as the figure disappeared, the light immediately brightened up.

Other stores in the shopping center across the street have also had weird things happening there as well:

-a small restaurant reports napkin dispensers and salt and pepper shakers moving by themselves on dining room tables.
-a movie theater reports strange shadows appearing and disappearing in the hallway leading to the projection room.
-a department store has seen several "phantom customers" walking through the store after closing time.
-a video store has reported that with heat on at full blast in the winter, one part of the store always remained cold and DVD boxes often fell off the shelf for no apparent reason.

How all this can be easily explained is beyond me.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:12 pm

Xaykev wrote:
rjm wrote:Re: Lotto. Maybe those who DID win, or some of 'em, were psychic. I mean, that's at least as logical.

Then many of the so-called psychic people would win more than once, right? Not many people win the lottery twice or more..

Now, you don't believe in ghosts and psychics, but you believe Elvis was a great performer in 1977. Now, that's something I will never believe in! :wink:

Seriously, though, thank you for those who have shared their stories and opinion - sadly I'm a bit tied up with work at the moment to comment on them properly, but am following it all nonetheless. :)

Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:39 am

Back around late 1987 3 friends of mine bought a house in my hometown in Milford, Connecticut. It was an old 2 story house built sometime in the early 20th century. A short while after they moved in they threw a party. There was about 10 or 12 folks there including yours truly. Fairly early on, every body was in the living room. The bathroom was on the second floor, and needing to relieve myself, I headed upstairs. There was a relatively short flight of stairs (about 6 to 8 steps, I can't remember exactly now) a landing, then another short flight of stairs 180 degrees in the opposite direction from the first flight. This was the only way to get to the second floor. At the top of the second flight of stairs you turned right into a short hall, then made another right into a longer hall. The bathroom was about halfway down this longer hall on the left. These stairs were old and creaky. In other words, you could hear somebody ascending them. As I was urinating in the bathroom, I clearly, distinctly heard someone walking in the attic. There was no question about it, it was footsteps. I thought this was odd as someone would've had to have been right behind me when I ascended the stairs to have accessed the attic that quickly. When I got back downstairs I saw that everyone was present and accounted for. Perplexed, at that point from across the room I said to my friend Karl (one of the homeowners) that I heard someone walking in the attic. He was in the midst of a conversation with someone, and when I mentioned it he looked at me and said something along the lines "It's ok Pete." His response was oddly flippant so I repeated to him more insistantly that I heard someone walking in the attic. This got the attention of some of the other folks present, but Karl once again flippantly brushed it off. At that point I basically shrugged the episode off and got back into party mode. A short while later I went into the kitchen for a beer. Karl followed me in (we were the only people in there) and told me he didn't mean to blow me off about the footsteps, but he didn't want to talk about it in front of everyone, in particular one of the other homeowners. He then proceeded to tell me that there had been some strange things happening since they moved in. Chairs pulled out from tables that had been pushed in the night before, Cabinet doors open in the morning that had been shut the night before, and Karl's clock placed face down when he woke up in the morning. There were a few other similar incidents that I just can't recall. Karl then told me that the previous owner was an old lady who had died in the house. Karl's room had been her room.

Now I assure you folks that there was simply no way anyone could've snuck into the attic when I was in the bathroom. They would've had to have been literally right behind me to have gotten into the attic that fast. And what I heard in the attic was unmistakeabley footsteps.

Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:30 pm

After looking at some shots taken at the Audubon Drive address in 1994, I was surprised to spot this mysterious figure in one of them !

After close inspection & examination, I've deduced that it was simply lens flare....................

Audubon.JPG

I may have jumped-the-gun with this.............
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:49 pm

:shock: :shock:

Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:25 am

The posts are getting a little . . . quirky.

In most of the world, the month of March is over. Today, tonight. BEWARE!

rjm

Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:10 pm

jak wrote: I don't think that's a lens flare.
It's just a tree branch.

I 'bough' to your superior knowledge......

Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:03 pm

ColinB wrote:
jak wrote: I don't think that's a lens flare.
It's just a tree branch.

I 'bough' to your superior knowledge......

Said in my best, Baldrick, voice .. "Nice One Mr B." !!!