Off Topic Messages

That's All Right- C.C. Rider jam

Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:29 am

I sometimes drop in a local pub to jam with some friends. A few weeks back I stopped in and took the stage for some fun. I didn't have anything planned but started jamming on That's All Right then kinda went into CC Rider on a whim. The drummer is my son..the bass player and harmonica player I know casually. The gentleman on lead guitar is Mr Bret Alexander who had a national hit some years back in a group called The Badlees- this was the first time we met. The video was shot by a patron on their phone. It is quite dark but I am hoping you all enjoy it. Thanks.

http://s269.photobucket.com/user/GreybeardEP/media/ThatsAllRight-GeorgeRittenhouseJam.mp4.html

Re: That's All Right- C.C. Rider jam

Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:45 am

Greybeard wrote:I sometimes drop in a local pub to jam with some friends. A few weeks back I stopped in and took the stage for some fun. I didn't have anything planned but started jamming on That's All Right then kinda went into CC Rider on a whim. The drummer is my son..the bass player and harmonica player I know casually. The gentleman on lead guitar is Mr Bret Alexander who had a national hit some years back in a group called The Badlees- this was the first time we met. The video was shot by a patron on their phone. It is quite dark but I am hoping you all enjoy it. Thanks.

http://s269.photobucket.com/user/GreybeardEP/media/ThatsAllRight-GeorgeRittenhouseJam.mp4.html

That was so cool, I went and got a beer (Negra Modelo) and watched it again, full-screen. The first guitar solo by Bret is quite good. I never knew you played acoustic guitar! The vocals aren't too shabby, either. ;-)

I wish I had been at Mark's Pub last Wednesday night!

Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:51 am

Very good George,more of the same is welcome anytime
Ken

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:24 am

Great stuff man.

That's what I call tribute to Elvis (not freaks in jumpsuits).

Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:10 am

That was great George! love the country vibe with the harmonica - works really well on CC Rider!

Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:52 am

Very Nice!! :smt023 :smt023

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:44 pm

Tomek wrote:Great stuff man.

That's what I call tribute to Elvis (not freaks in jumpsuits).

I agree, that was very good! :)

Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:11 pm

Thanks all- I appreciate it. I was thrilled when it came together as it did. I simply called out the song- the key and off we went.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:14 pm

Great stuff George! Wish I had been there 8)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:24 am

Fantastic!

JosephC

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:40 am

Greybeard wrote:Thanks all- I appreciate it. I was thrilled when it came together as it did. I simply called out the song- the key and off we went.

Myself, I simply call out a song, go way off key and then from there who know's. :smt020

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:10 am

Hey - you and the band were really cookin' there !

Great stuff !

Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:20 pm

Yessiree!!! That kicked several yards of ass. Nicely done...........

Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Very enjoyable!!!

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Awesome! And, as another poster has said, that's a tribute to Elvis!!!

GREAT JOB! I wonder how some slide guitar in there would've sounded? 8)

That's something I'd LOVE to get back into doing - I miss playing music on the weekends.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:36 pm

I could sit and listen to that all night long.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:28 am

That was well-worth repeated listenings :D

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:13 am

Greybeard you are what a true tribute artist should be when it comes to covering Presley , just being yourself makes it so much more enjoyable to watch.
Again Great Job! :wink:

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:55 am

promiseland wrote:Greybeard you are what a true tribute artist should be when it comes to covering Presley , just being yourself makes it so much more enjoyable to watch.

Right on! 8)

Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:30 pm

ian wrote:
promiseland wrote:Greybeard you are what a true tribute artist should be when it comes to covering Presley , just being yourself makes it so much more enjoyable to watch.

Right on! 8)

Couldn't agree more :)

Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:23 am

That was excellent, Greybeard.

:smt023