Off Topic Messages

'till The Twelfth Of Never . . .

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:34 am

Hi all,

It's been a year since I posted this video that I made, and a lot has happened. For one thing, it's the fifth anniversary, and for those who've joined since then, I'd like to share this so they can see it. I not only made the video, but did my first audio remix - and a member here encouraged my efforts in doing so. (@JimmyCool.) And for that, I'll always be grateful. (I don't pretend to be any kind of expert, but I'm learning . . .)

For another thing, several people here have lost loved ones in the past year, and maybe my little tribute to my own mother, who passed five years ago, March 16 (which it is now, in the States), will offer some of those folks some comfort. Perhaps kindle some good memories for them. God bless all of you who've gone through this, and thank you for putting up with me, for two of these past five difficult years. My mom would be so happy that I've found this wonderful community.

So, just once more, I'll embed this. I just want to thank you for being my friends, and understanding my quirks.

I know everyone here who lost someone dear will love them 'till the Twelfth Of Never.

phpBB [video]



All the best, and here's hoping the the next year brings much more happiness,
Robin

Re: 'till The Twelfth Of Never . . .

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:40 am

Thank you, Robin, it's my mother's birthday tomorrow.

She's still very much vital and with us, I'm pleased to say.

Thanks for your memories.

Re: 'till The Twelfth Of Never . . .

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:59 am

Beautiful video. You must have had a wonderful mom, may she r.i.p.

Re: 'till The Twelfth Of Never . . .

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:25 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Beautiful video. You must have had a wonderful mom, may she r.i.p.


I surely did. I miss her all the time. Thank you so much, John. And I hope you're doing okay.

(And George: tell your Mum I said to have a happy birthday tomorrow!)

Thank you and all the best,
Robin

Re: 'till The Twelfth Of Never . . .

Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Thanks Robin, that was lovely.

Re: 'till The Twelfth Of Never . . .

Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:52 pm

londonflash wrote:Thanks Robin, that was lovely.


Thank you for your kind words.

Best,
Robin

Re: 'till The Twelfth Of Never . . .

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:49 pm

A year now?
Man, ain't it funny how time slips aways...!
Great video, Robin, very emotional and touching... may she rest in peace.

Re: 'till The Twelfth Of Never . . .

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:11 am

JimmyCool wrote:A year now?
Man, ain't it funny how time slips aways...!
Great video, Robin, very emotional and touching... may she rest in peace.


Yup, another year. Thanks for your kindness. :smt006

Best,
Robin

Re: 'till The Twelfth Of Never . . .

Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:41 pm

Thanks Robin...just wonderful

Re: 'till The Twelfth Of Never . . .

Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:34 pm

That was beautiful Robin.

Brought a tear to my eye.

Made me think of times with my Mother as well. :)

Your Mom must have been a lovely person to raise someone as nice and sweet as you.

Thank you for posting it again. :)

Re: 'till The Twelfth Of Never . . .

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:15 am

Mitch wrote:That was beautiful Robin.

Brought a tear to my eye.

Made me think of times with my Mother as well. :)

Your Mom must have been a lovely person to raise someone as nice and sweet as you.

Thank you for posting it again. :)


Thanks so very much, Mitch.. I don't know quite what to say.

It means a lot.

Robin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Re: 'till The Twelfth Of Never . . .

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:18 pm

I'm a member of this club sad to say. Lost my mom on Jan 8, 2001. How's that for an ironic date? Alot has happened to me since her death. My wife has given me three beautiful children. So many milestones my mom never got to experience. She was only 58 when she passed after a brutal battle with cancer. I've never gotten over her kindness nor the suffering she had to endure her final 18 months on earth. My life since has gravitated to the morose, but I try everyday to be the husband and father I should. Anyway, Robin, what a lovely tribute punctuated by (what I have always felt) that haunting vocal from Elvis. I loved it. Thank you for sharing it.


Regards,

JosephC

Re: 'till The Twelfth Of Never . . .

Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:29 pm

That was beautifully done, Robin. I have to be honest... with the combination of that song and your personal photos, it certainly brought a tear to my eye...your mother was obviously a very lucky woman to have a daughter as thoughtful and kind-hearted as you. God Bless you both.

Re: 'till The Twelfth Of Never . . .

Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:52 pm

elvis-fan wrote:That was beautifully done, Robin. I have to be honest... with the combination of that song and your personal photos, it certainly brought a tear to my eye...your mother was obviously a very lucky woman to have a daughter as thoughtful and kind-hearted as you. God Bless you both.


It brought a tear to my eye, as well. It's my mum's birthday tomorrow and a post like this really does make me appreciate her despite our sometimes strained relationship. Thanks, Robin.

Re: 'till The Twelfth Of Never . . .

Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:01 am

londonflash wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:That was beautifully done, Robin. I have to be honest... with the combination of that song and your personal photos, it certainly brought a tear to my eye...your mother was obviously a very lucky woman to have a daughter as thoughtful and kind-hearted as you. God Bless you both.


It brought a tear to my eye, as well. It's my mum's birthday tomorrow and a post like this really does make me appreciate her despite our sometimes strained relationship. Thanks, Robin.


Thank you both so very much! elvis-fan, that was one of the nicest things anyone ever said to me.

Joseph: I'm terribly sorry about your loss. I had thought that if I had my own family, it wouldn't have been so hard. It seems it's always very, very hard. I wish you the best in your ongoing recovery from the tragedy. And do enjoy your family; in that, at least, you are clearly blessed.

Thanks again,
Robin
P.S. -- Thank you, MaryAnn. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by rjm on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 'till The Twelfth Of Never . . .

Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:15 am

That was so beautiful, Robin. Thank you.

Your mother would be very proud of you.

Mary Ann