Off Topic Messages

Roy Orbison - 2 Poor Baby (s)

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:05 pm

What do you guys think of this gem ? In 1979 Roy recorded "Poor Baby (first for the Laminar Flow album) and then re-recorded for the Living Legend movie soundtrack in 1980.

From Laminar Flow -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPs5ShdxOus

From Living Legend -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCN9X4dz8Mw


I'm not too sure which is the best but it's great to play them both back-to-back!

Re: Roy Orbison - 2 Poor Baby (s)

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:08 pm

Didn't know he recorded such crappy songs... :wink:

Sorry, I just don't like it although I really dig Roy.

Re: Roy Orbison - 2 Poor Baby (s)

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:02 am

Would that be because you just play the famous Orbison classics that came out in the sixties ?

Re: Roy Orbison - 2 Poor Baby (s)

Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:04 am

Nope... but he recorded some really good stuff in the sixties. Never cared for his early rock'n'roll recordings, because in my opinion it just didn't work for him.
But I love his final album "Mystery Girl" and also listened a couple of times to the posthumous "King Of Hearts" album.
"Born To Love Me" is one of my favorites from Roy.
I'm pretty sure the "Laminar Flow" album contains songs that I'd like but I don't have it. Just don't like this particular song.

Re: Roy Orbison - 2 Poor Baby (s)

Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:52 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:Nope... but he recorded some really good stuff in the sixties. Never cared for his early rock'n'roll recordings, because in my opinion it just didn't work for him.
But I love his final album "Mystery Girl" and also listened a couple of times to the posthumous "King Of Hearts" album.
"Born To Love Me" is one of my favorites from Roy.
I'm pretty sure the "Laminar Flow" album contains songs that I'd like but I don't have it. Just don't like this particular song.


Sounds reasonable enough. My Friend, from the Laminar Flow record you should play Love is a Cold Wind and Hound Dog Man (Elvis tribute). Both are on YT.

Re: Roy Orbison - 2 Poor Baby (s)

Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:24 am

Not Roys finest effort,there are much better tracks on the Laminar Flow album

Re: Roy Orbison - 2 Poor Baby (s)

Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:36 am

keninlincs wrote:Not Roys finest effort,there are much better tracks on the Laminar Flow album



OK How about Heavy Load ?

Re: Roy Orbison - 2 Poor Baby (s)

Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:59 am

Robt wrote:
keninlincs wrote:Not Roys finest effort,there are much better tracks on the Laminar Flow album



OK How about Heavy Load ?

yes "Heavy Load" is far better as is "Love is a cold wind"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.