Off Topic Messages

Re: Bieber

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:55 pm

Matthew wrote:
KiwiAlan wrote:Tolerance please.

Remember a certain young man in 1954.

I guess. But then I do wonder where Bieber would be without autotune.

The same can be said for most acts today. Like amplification, it's a technological development that is there now and everyone finally starts using it. Even Sinatra's final recordings (the Duets albums) used various techniques to make him sound better. That said, the early youtube clips from when he was busking or singing/playing at home, shows that he had some talent with or without it.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:48 pm

Im glad Selena kicked his sorry ass to the curb.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:03 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:Funny, last night I had the "opportunity" to listen to Bieber for the first time in my life. I was at a BK and they showed a live clip of him "singing" a song called "As Long As You Love Me". I thought "what the heck??" and without knowing it was him I thought it was bloody awful. What an nasal voice he has! No doubt a good lookin' kid and all the girls went half-crazy but I simply couldn't understand it. Am I gettin' old? :shock:

The problem here is that bieber is not meant for our generation, any more than grandparents were the intended audiences of Elvis in 1956 or punk in 1978. Yes, those two examples had shock value, of course, to a certain degree. But the point here is that every generation has, and is entitled to, their own music and their own idols. What's happened with Bieber and, to a certain extent, One Direction is that the internet has been used to create a craze centred around hating these people which people (and seemingly the paparazzi) are all too eager to jump on and join in with.

But the point of the opening post was not to judge Bieber on his merits or otherwise, but to show concern that "child stars" are still seemingly going off the railings even in 2013, which is a very sad state of affairs considering you would think people could learn by the mistakes of others and considering the help is out there. Like the MM in the 1970s, one has to wonder why someone in the entourage or the family isn't concerned enough to make the singer see that scrapping a leg of this huge tour and sorting himself out would be a good idea. Whether Bieber's problems are health-related, drug/drink related, breakdown related or whatever clearly isn't known to us at this stage, and perhaps to some extent it doesn't matter what the problem is but that it's sorted before it's too late and another teen idol suffers a huge fall from grace or worse.

Maybe you should send him a long email explaining how concerned you are about his recent exploits and let us know if you get a reply.

Perhaps you shoudl read what the post was about - the fact that even in 2013 child stars are still suffering from the same issues that Judy Garlands and Bobby Driscolls did over half a century ago, despite the fact that there are now ways and places to deal with these issues.

I did and it has no concern for me.

I'm more interested in what's happening in North Korea's threat to start another Korean War than i am reading about some overrated teenage popstar's problems.

That's a more important subject to be discussing.

As i said, why don't you send him an email expressing your concerns about his welfare.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:43 pm

Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:Funny, last night I had the "opportunity" to listen to Bieber for the first time in my life. I was at a BK and they showed a live clip of him "singing" a song called "As Long As You Love Me". I thought "what the heck??" and without knowing it was him I thought it was bloody awful. What an nasal voice he has! No doubt a good lookin' kid and all the girls went half-crazy but I simply couldn't understand it. Am I gettin' old? :shock:

The problem here is that bieber is not meant for our generation, any more than grandparents were the intended audiences of Elvis in 1956 or punk in 1978. Yes, those two examples had shock value, of course, to a certain degree. But the point here is that every generation has, and is entitled to, their own music and their own idols. What's happened with Bieber and, to a certain extent, One Direction is that the internet has been used to create a craze centred around hating these people which people (and seemingly the paparazzi) are all too eager to jump on and join in with.

But the point of the opening post was not to judge Bieber on his merits or otherwise, but to show concern that "child stars" are still seemingly going off the railings even in 2013, which is a very sad state of affairs considering you would think people could learn by the mistakes of others and considering the help is out there. Like the MM in the 1970s, one has to wonder why someone in the entourage or the family isn't concerned enough to make the singer see that scrapping a leg of this huge tour and sorting himself out would be a good idea. Whether Bieber's problems are health-related, drug/drink related, breakdown related or whatever clearly isn't known to us at this stage, and perhaps to some extent it doesn't matter what the problem is but that it's sorted before it's too late and another teen idol suffers a huge fall from grace or worse.

Maybe you should send him a long email explaining how concerned you are about his recent exploits and let us know if you get a reply.

Perhaps you shoudl read what the post was about - the fact that even in 2013 child stars are still suffering from the same issues that Judy Garlands and Bobby Driscolls did over half a century ago, despite the fact that there are now ways and places to deal with these issues.

I'm more interested in what's happening in North Korea's threat to start another Korean War than i am reading about some overrated teenage popstar's problems.

As i said, why don't you send him an email expressing your concerns about his welfare.

1.) If you're not interested in the subject of a thread, why open it, read it and comment on it multiple times?

2.) One would assume you are also more interesting in the N Korea threat than Elvis as well, but it doesn't seem to be a problem for you there.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:31 pm

ritchie valens wrote:Im glad Selena kicked his sorry ass to the curb.

As I pointed out [umpteen posts back] that's the reason for his mental state just now................

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:43 pm

ColinB wrote:

As I pointed out [umpteen posts back] that's the reason for his mental state just now................

Its always a woman who is the downfall of a man!

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:48 pm

r&b wrote:
ColinB wrote:

Its always a woman who is the downfall of a man!

They do have a lot to answer for..................

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:44 pm

There's also video of his concerts where he displays a painful lack of coordination and "athleticism", and he's fallen down and just looks really geeky! :roll:

Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:51 am

poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

1.) If you're not interested in the subject of a thread, why open it, read it and comment on it multiple times?

2.) One would assume you are also more interesting in the N Korea threat than Elvis as well, but it doesn't seem to be a problem for you there.

1.) Not multiple times just twice and both were telling you to send an email to this young kid saying how concerned you are but you seem to take offence to that, don't know why.

2.) At the moment, yes. Hundreds of thousands of innocent people could die if the N.Korean Leader decides to declare war so its a news item that concerns me.

Doesn't it concern you or are you more worried of the welfare of Justin Beiber and his fellow pop buddies?

Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:20 am

Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

1.) Not multiple times just twice and both were telling you to send an email to this young kid saying how concerned you are but you seem to take offence to that, don't know why.

2.) At the moment, yes. Hundreds of thousands of innocent people could die if the N.Korean Leader decides to declare war so its a news item that concerns me.

Doesn't it concern you or are you more worried of the welfare of Justin Beiber and his fellow pop buddies?

Well it seems it doesn't concern you enough to stop writing on many topics on this board. As for N Korea, I really doubt that even the leader of that country is mad enough to declare war - as far as I'm aware they have been making these threats for decades. And, if they do, there's very little we can do about it.