Off Topic Messages

Bieber

Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:34 am

Not someone I would normally start a topic on, and especially not on here. He's possibly one of the most loved and one of the most hated celebrities on the planet at the moment. I sit somewhere in the middle. His music and his act is not aimed at me, there's no reason why I should like it. But there's certainly no reason to hate either - in fact I'm sure most of the people in the hate camp are only there because it's seemingly cool to be there - which is actually quite sad in all kinds of ways.

Since the rise of the celebrity we have seen so many young actors and singers hitting the self-destruct button and either falling from grace and/or meeting an untimely end. And after this week's events there has to be concerns that Bieber has also hit the self-destruct button. Two hours late on stage earlier in the week, returning to his London hotel half naked, arguments in restaurants, going to another restaurant wearing a gasmask(!) and tonight apparantly falling ill on stage with breathing difficulties and eventually being taken to hospital for tests (although apparantly Ok).

Love or hate the guy, one has to wonder whether that self-destruct button has been hit and, if that is the case, one can only hope that he gets himself some help before it's too late. We have seen far too many young stars fall in that way over the years, but hopefully people have learned from other mistakes, it will be stopped in its tracks, and it won't happen again here.

Re: Bieber

Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:57 am

The gas mask incident suggests the dude is on drugs.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:13 am

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:57 am

That's photo shopped.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:44 am

brian wrote:That's photo shopped.

And it's mean if the kid is having troubles.
I thought it was just a pot bust. That's unfortunate; he's just a kid. (And a friend of mine likes him. No, not you, pmp: another friend. Surprised me. He played me music I hadn't heard before, and it was pretty good.)

A child star meltdown. Damn. Hope he gets it together. Just as a person.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:47 am

brian wrote:That's photo shopped.

You think?

Chris

Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:30 am

TCB-FAN wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

No, it's not photo shopped. That's actually Rob's Jr. High picture!! :D

I hope this didn't ruin the thread. :roll: :wink:

::rocks

Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:33 am

Mitch wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

No, it's not photo shopped. That's actually Rob's Jr. High picture!! :D

I hope this didn't ruin the thread. :roll: :wink:

::rocks

Wow, Rob and the Bieb could be twin's!!! :wtf:

Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:18 am

I know absolutely nothing about Justin Bieber.

I would be real surprised if his alledged problems turned out to be serious.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:26 pm

he's bad a big week in the UK.....dont think he'll be rushing back

Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:08 pm

Funny, last night I had the "opportunity" to listen to Bieber for the first time in my life. I was at a BK and they showed a live clip of him "singing" a song called "As Long As You Love Me". I thought "what the heck??" and without knowing it was him I thought it was bloody awful. What an nasal voice he has! No doubt a good lookin' kid and all the girls went half-crazy but I simply couldn't understand it. Am I gettin' old? :shock:

Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:09 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:Funny, last night I had the "opportunity" to listen to Bieber for the first time in my life. I was at a BK and they showed a live clip of him "singing" a song called "As Long As You Love Me". I thought "what the heck??" and without knowing it was him I thought it was bloody awful. What an nasal voice he has! No doubt a good lookin' kid and all the girls went half-crazy but I simply couldn't understand it. Am I gettin' old? :shock:

The problem here is that bieber is not meant for our generation, any more than grandparents were the intended audiences of Elvis in 1956 or punk in 1978. Yes, those two examples had shock value, of course, to a certain degree. But the point here is that every generation has, and is entitled to, their own music and their own idols. What's happened with Bieber and, to a certain extent, One Direction is that the internet has been used to create a craze centred around hating these people which people (and seemingly the paparazzi) are all too eager to jump on and join in with.

But the point of the opening post was not to judge Bieber on his merits or otherwise, but to show concern that "child stars" are still seemingly going off the railings even in 2013, which is a very sad state of affairs considering you would think people could learn by the mistakes of others and considering the help is out there. Like the MM in the 1970s, one has to wonder why someone in the entourage or the family isn't concerned enough to make the singer see that scrapping a leg of this huge tour and sorting himself out would be a good idea. Whether Bieber's problems are health-related, drug/drink related, breakdown related or whatever clearly isn't known to us at this stage, and perhaps to some extent it doesn't matter what the problem is but that it's sorted before it's too late and another teen idol suffers a huge fall from grace or worse.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:42 pm

Here is the root of all his current problems:

................... she dumped him...........................

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:37 am

poormadpeter wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:Funny, last night I had the "opportunity" to listen to Bieber for the first time in my life. I was at a BK and they showed a live clip of him "singing" a song called "As Long As You Love Me". I thought "what the heck??" and without knowing it was him I thought it was bloody awful. What an nasal voice he has! No doubt a good lookin' kid and all the girls went half-crazy but I simply couldn't understand it. Am I gettin' old? :shock:

The problem here is that bieber is not meant for our generation, any more than grandparents were the intended audiences of Elvis in 1956 or punk in 1978. Yes, those two examples had shock value, of course, to a certain degree. But the point here is that every generation has, and is entitled to, their own music and their own idols. What's happened with Bieber and, to a certain extent, One Direction is that the internet has been used to create a craze centred around hating these people which people (and seemingly the paparazzi) are all too eager to jump on and join in with.

But the point of the opening post was not to judge Bieber on his merits or otherwise, but to show concern that "child stars" are still seemingly going off the railings even in 2013, which is a very sad state of affairs considering you would think people could learn by the mistakes of others and considering the help is out there. Like the MM in the 1970s, one has to wonder why someone in the entourage or the family isn't concerned enough to make the singer see that scrapping a leg of this huge tour and sorting himself out would be a good idea. Whether Bieber's problems are health-related, drug/drink related, breakdown related or whatever clearly isn't known to us at this stage, and perhaps to some extent it doesn't matter what the problem is but that it's sorted before it's too late and another teen idol suffers a huge fall from grace or worse.

Please don't compare Elvis in any kind of way to the Biebs, it's just not right!

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:08 am

poormadpeter wrote:

Maybe you should send him a long email explaining how concerned you are about his recent exploits and let us know if you get a reply.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:11 am

Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

Maybe you should send him a long email explaining how concerned you are about his recent exploits and let us know if you get a reply.

Perhaps you shoudl read what the post was about - the fact that even in 2013 child stars are still suffering from the same issues that Judy Garlands and Bobby Driscolls did over half a century ago, despite the fact that there are now ways and places to deal with these issues.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:06 am

I couldn't care less one way or the other about "Beebs," but from where I sit he's a talented phenomenon who's struck a chord with a number of people. Seems to be having some issues of late, but who wouldn't with the exposure and accolades tossed his way? If he never recorded another song I'd never notice, but I'll give him his props for what he's done at his age thus far.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:55 pm

Having read all these opinions about Bieber on here, I thought i would add to it.
Seeing as most of you admit to not even having heard him sing or know what he is about, i find it amazing that people are slagging him off, what has he actually done that was so wrong?
Please dont get me wrong I am by no means a Belieber (JB fan for the uninitiated) but i do have a 13 year old daughter who likes him alot, and last week I took her to see him in concert at the Nottingham arena almost 2 years since first taking her to see him live.
Now the first thing that struck me was the crowd outside 3 hours before the show, not only were there young girls ( to be expected) but also middle aged ladies who were there obviously to see him,by that i mean they had no visible signs of being there with there daughters, also I have over the years seen some pretty big bands/artists from Sinatra to Madonna the Stones to Queen and many many more in between but i don think i have ever witnessed the scenes of mayhem that i saw that night , the feverish anticipation of his fans , the noise they made and the excitment this created, something i would imagine close to Beatlemania.

Once inside the venue he appeared on stage 1 hour late, it didnt bother me,, having grown up with waiting for Axl Rose to appear this seemed tame,

The show once started was polished and a very visual treat, his voice for me is not the worst i have ever heard, but in the space of two years there was a visible difference in his interaction with his audiance, at one point he stopped the show as someone threw a t shirt on stage and he reprimanded them, again when he threw his t shirt into the crowd at the end he caused a scuffle rather like Elvis did with his scarves and again he stopped and told the fighting crowd to "let her have it"

He has obviously also realised that he is the object of many girls desires and this time was more overtly sexual than he had been two years previous as a 16 year old.
Still i enjoyed the evening overall if only to see my daughter's happiness at seeing her idol , how many of us here can or wish we could say that.

As pointed out also his pre fame you tube videos shows he has considerable talent that he puts to use in his live shows, an accomplished drummer by the looks of things and can play piano and guitar as well.

As for his week in the UK, I dont think he has lost the plot or got a drink/drugs problem , if you actually watch the video of his run in with the paparazzi, the guy just gives him aload of abuse so in the end Bieber snaps back and personally I dont blame him , how many 19 year olds do you know that if they were verbally abused in the street would just punch the abuser in the mouth and be done with it.

For me i would rather my daughter listen to this than some of the other music that she could listen to glamourising violence, drugs, guns etc etc , he is not doing anything thats not been done for years and making a sh*t load of money in the processs and i for one as a 46 year old father say "fair play to him".
I know who the mugs are that go to jobs everyday that they probably dont enjoy and complain about not getting paid enough, would I swap places with him .....Yes in a flash

Just my opinion and I respect all others on here

Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:44 am

Bieber should simply leave the U.K. ... A.S.A.P. The U.K. Papparazzzi are simply brutal, shameless and ruthless compared to the U.S.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:07 am

houndog wrote:Having read all these opinions about Bieber on here, I thought i would add to it.
Seeing as most of you admit to not even having heard him sing or know what he is about, i find it amazing that people are slagging him off, what has he actually done that was so wrong?
Please dont get me wrong I am by no means a Belieber (JB fan for the uninitiated) but i do have a 13 year old daughter who likes him alot, and last week I took her to see him in concert at the Nottingham arena almost 2 years since first taking her to see him live.
Now the first thing that struck me was the crowd outside 3 hours before the show, not only were there young girls ( to be expected) but also middle aged ladies who were there obviously to see him,by that i mean they had no visible signs of being there with there daughters, also I have over the years seen some pretty big bands/artists from Sinatra to Madonna the Stones to Queen and many many more in between but i don think i have ever witnessed the scenes of mayhem that i saw that night , the feverish anticipation of his fans , the noise they made and the excitment this created, something i would imagine close to Beatlemania.

Once inside the venue he appeared on stage 1 hour late, it didnt bother me,, having grown up with waiting for Axl Rose to appear this seemed tame,

The show once started was polished and a very visual treat, his voice for me is not the worst i have ever heard, but in the space of two years there was a visible difference in his interaction with his audiance, at one point he stopped the show as someone threw a t shirt on stage and he reprimanded them, again when he threw his t shirt into the crowd at the end he caused a scuffle rather like Elvis did with his scarves and again he stopped and told the fighting crowd to "let her have it"

He has obviously also realised that he is the object of many girls desires and this time was more overtly sexual than he had been two years previous as a 16 year old.
Still i enjoyed the evening overall if only to see my daughter's happiness at seeing her idol , how many of us here can or wish we could say that.

As pointed out also his pre fame you tube videos shows he has considerable talent that he puts to use in his live shows, an accomplished drummer by the looks of things and can play piano and guitar as well.

As for his week in the UK, I dont think he has lost the plot or got a drink/drugs problem , if you actually watch the video of his run in with the paparazzi, the guy just gives him aload of abuse so in the end Bieber snaps back and personally I dont blame him , how many 19 year olds do you know that if they were verbally abused in the street would just punch the abuser in the mouth and be done with it.

For me i would rather my daughter listen to this than some of the other music that she could listen to glamourising violence, drugs, guns etc etc , he is not doing anything thats not been done for years and making a sh*t load of money in the processs and i for one as a 46 year old father say "fair play to him".
I know who the mugs are that go to jobs everyday that they probably dont enjoy and complain about not getting paid enough, would I swap places with him .....Yes in a flash

Just my opinion and I respect all others on here

I have to agree regarding the paparazzi - the lad DID push the photographer first. However, we don't know what his previous experiences with that man had been before. Quite clearly he was foul-mouthed, telling Bieber he was a "c*ck who should f*cking go back to America" - considering the boy is Canadian, it appears he didn't know much about his subject. But if this guy had been following him around London using similar language, it's hardly a surprise that he eventually snapped and tried to give as good as he got.

That said, it's not the late shows etc that seem to signal something was wrong, but gas masks and other weird behaviour.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:30 am

America, the continent :D

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:09 am

Tolerance please.

Remember a certain young man in 1954.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Even this twerp came to the UK! Shame on Elvis and the Col! No excuse.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:22 am

r&b wrote:Even this twerp came to the UK! Shame on Elvis and the Col! No excuse.

Not fair at all. Damn the Colonel ! :wtf:

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:55 am

KiwiAlan wrote:Tolerance please.

Remember a certain young man in 1954.

I guess. But then I do wonder where Bieber would be without autotune.