Off Topic Messages

Re: Evidence

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:46 pm

fg76 wrote:
ColinB wrote:Are you seriously suggesting that, if Elvis [or anyone for that matter] lives a sin-free life they will be immortal ?


Nobody can directly live a sin free life....

All we can do is repent of our sins, and have reasonable faith.
We live by faith, not by sight, but we can obtain a reasonable faith proven by evidence in the Bible, and even historical evidence outside of the Bible...

ColinB wrote:Please quote some examples.......................


Actually, I can quote a few.

John 11: 1-46: The rising of Lazarus...[edited for space]


First you say nobody can get immortality by living a sin-free life because that's an impossible thing to do.

Then you quote some 'examples' of it !

But you simply list some fanciful stories of people supposedly 'rising from the dead', which isn't the same thing at all.

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:54 pm

Congratulations Fg76 on becoming the new Pope.

When are you having the showers fitted in the Vatican?

Re: Evidence

Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:05 am

ColinB wrote:First you say nobody can get immortality by living a sin-free life because that's an impossible thing to do.

Then you quote some 'examples' of it !


Actually, I didn't. Before I cite scripture, I like to submit some videos of reason.

Lee Strobel:
phpBB [video]



phpBB [video]



Gary Habermas:
phpBB [video]



Matthew 15: 13-14: 13 But [Jesus] answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted. 14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.”

1 Corinthians 1: 18-25: 18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”[a] 20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks[b] foolishness, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

John 8: 43-46: 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. 45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me. 46 Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me? 47 He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”

Isaiah 53:

53 Who has believed our report?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
2 For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant,
And as a root out of dry ground.
He has no form or comeliness;
And when we see Him,
There is no beauty that we should desire Him.
3 He is despised and rejected by men,
A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.
And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
4 Surely He has borne our griefs
And carried our sorrows;
Yet we esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten by God, and afflicted.
5 But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray;
We have turned, every one, to his own way;
And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He opened not His mouth;
He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,
And as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
So He opened not His mouth.
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment,
And who will declare His generation?
For He was cut off from the land of the living;
For the transgressions of My people He was stricken.
9 And they[a] made His grave with the wicked—
But with the rich at His death,
Because He had done no violence,
Nor was any deceit in His mouth.
10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him;
He has put Him to grief.
When You make His soul an offering for sin,
He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days,
And the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.
11 He shall see the labor of His soul,[b] and be satisfied.
By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many,
For He shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great,
And He shall divide the spoil with the strong,
Because He poured out His soul unto death,
And He was numbered with the transgressors,
And He bore the sin of many,
And made intercession for the transgressors.

2 Peter 1: 16-21 For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty. 17 For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” 18 And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain. 19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed,[a] which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,[b] 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God[c] spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:29 am

Seriously.....are you doing okay ?
Don't push your religous opinion on us.....I don't mind reading others opinion, but your is getting a little too much.
Remember.....this is an Elvis board !!!!

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:46 am

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Congratulations Fg76 on becoming the new Pope.

When are you having the showers fitted in the Vatican?

Can a person still be Pope if there are mental issues of this magnitude?

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:23 am

Rob wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Congratulations Fg76 on becoming the new Pope.

When are you having the showers fitted in the Vatican?

Can a person still be Pope if there are mental issues of this magnitude?


Let's say: it helps.......................

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:40 am

El Vez was a hoot and apparently still around.

1301_EV25_BasqueKingSchitz.jpg


El Vez - En El Barrio
http://www.elvez.net/videos/EnElBarrio.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:43 pm

ColinB wrote:
Rob wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Congratulations Fg76 on becoming the new Pope.

When are you having the showers fitted in the Vatican?

Can a person still be Pope if there are mental issues of this magnitude?


Let's say: it helps.......................

Well none of them kiss women, but they kiss the ground.

Now that's pretty screwy from where I'm standing!

Re:

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:44 pm

The Holy Spirit can be very convicting. When one hears the word of God, they are pierced through the heart and crushed. They either want to ask for repentance and be saved, or they turn away from the conviction of truth because of the hidden sin in their lives. If the Holy Spirit is deep within your hearts, please answer the call of conviction. As Jesus says - if you deny me, I will deny you to my Father. This will be my last post on the topic, unless people directly ask me questions that are sincere, heart-felt questions of people legitimately searching for the love of Christ. As a Christian, I need to pick up my cross daily and die to the fleshly pleasures surrounding me. Some will consider me insane. The Romans felt the same way of the apostles, and yet Christianity grew because of the truth the Word contained. For in the end, every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess Jesus as the Christ when He returns to Earth. There will be judgement, and I pray I am one who will be told "Well done, my good and faithful servant," instead of "Depart from me, I never knew you." Again, unless people are convicted to know more about Christ, or have direct questions of non-insult - I'm done.

Re: Re:

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:34 pm

fg76 wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:
Sounds like Jim Jones sh*t to me.......bring out the cool aid ............


No. It's more of a Roger Williams thing - where we know the Word is foolishness for those who are perishing, but when it is rejected - we don't force it upon them. We can only preach the word of God, if it is rejected then we pray for the people and move on. Jim Jones was never a Christian, and his cult was a disgrace. I can understand people wanted to compare me to Jim Jones - because when I was lost - I thought the same thing. I thought all Christians were evil, and then I heard the voice of Jesus by the way of the Holy Spirit that gave me hope that the words were indeed true. If one rejects God, then as Jesus does say in Matthew 9 -- its like the blind leading the blind. It's time to move on and leave them alone. At the same time, however, we still go out to make disciples in every nation. We're all God's children, but only a few will ever truly accept. Jim Jones wasn't about serving God, he was serving himself - for he thought he was God.


just a bunch of jib. Hurry up, get me a band-aid, my eyes are starting to bleed !
BTW...you say that Elvis impersonators are nothing but false idols....then why do you have a collection of Elvis impersonator videos that you posted here?
Sounds a little like false worshipping on your part as well.

Re:

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:22 pm

elvisbot wrote:BTW...you say that Elvis impersonators are nothing but false idols....then why do you have a collection of Elvis impersonator videos that you posted here?

Sounds a little like false worshipping on your part as well.


None of us is righteous, no no one. If one says he does not sin, then he is a liar and not of God.

I practice idol-worship every time I walk down the street listening to Elvis. We all sin daily, which is why we need a savior. I am only a saint by God's grace, and His want to be in my life. I fail Him daily, but He'll never fail me if I am true to Him and giving Him the glory.

Re: Re:

Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:10 pm

fg76 wrote:...I practice idol-worship every time I walk down the street listening to Elvis.
We all sin daily, which is why we need a savior.
I am only a saint by God's grace, and His want to be in my life.
I fail Him daily, but He'll never fail me if I am true to Him and giving Him the glory.


If you truly believe that, why not simply stop failing & stop sinning ?

Your stance seems to be: "It's not possible to be without sin, so why even try ?"

Sounds like a cop-out to me.

Re: Re:

Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:42 am

ColinB wrote:If you truly believe that, why not simply stop failing & stop sinning ?

Your stance seems to be: "It's not possible to be without sin, so why even try ?"

Sounds like a cop-out to me.


Nope. My stance is that we live in a fallen world. A world that fell when Eve listened to Satan and ate of the fruit, and Adam just stood there and let her do it. For God told them not to eat of the fruit of the tree. When they failed to obey God, Satan got his foothold on this world. So no matter how hard we try, in this fallen world, sin will always be there. If we read our Bibles, repent of our sins, and obey God' commandments then with the power of the Holy Spirit He cleanses us from sin. Our lives our transformed and conformed, but it isn't some magic process. God isn't some magic genie that goes POOF and you'll never sin again. He doesn't want a robot, he wants somebody of free will willingly wanting to follow Him. Willingly wanting to serve Him, and willingly not wanting to sin. If we get cocky and decide on our own that we will not sin, then we are saying we can do it without God and therefore God's Spirit leaves us and then we once again sin. Jesus says you have to carry your cross daily. We live in a fleshly world. We can try to not sin, but without Christ - we will never even be able to win the battle. Even with the Spirit - our flesh always wants to rebel. The Bible talks of God's chosen people always turning away from Him time and time again. We are nothing but filthy rags (Isaiah 66). We are dung and filth on our own. Our flesh is dirty, and Satan lays out snares to temp us. God has offered us Christ as the cornerstone against sin and death.

Because we were created in God's image, meant for more - but because we have free will - we welcomed sin and lust into the world. We still, however, were created in God's image - so we create beautiful things based on his wonders and beauty. Which is why we can admire an artist, or a singer. Because the beauty we hear from them came from God. When Elvis Presley got fat and sick, that was a metaphor of the sin that was in his life by his womanizing and drug use. He knew the truth, and he could have repented, but he chose not to - and the beauty of his voice became sin. Even in his final days, his God given beauty was somewhat there in his voice - but the damage and the filth came to the surface. What was once created in the perfection of God, had mired itself into sin and in the end was the bloated sin of Elvis. All of his sins came to the surface and he died of his sins. And Jesus wept.

I may not be the man I ought to be, but Thank God - I am not the man I used to be.

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=WKDP7GNX

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:54 am

Sun Hero wrote:Don't push your religous opinion on us.....I don't mind reading others opinion, but your is getting a little too much.
Remember.....this is an Elvis board !!!!

And this is the Off Topic section. fg76 hasn't/isn't pushing anything on you or anyone else.

Sun Hero, if this is "getting a little too much" for you, then why do you keep returning to this thread?

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Blue River wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:Don't push your religous opinion on us.....I don't mind reading others opinion, but your is getting a little too much.
Remember.....this is an Elvis board !!!!

And this is the Off Topic section. fg76 hasn't/isn't pushing anything on you or anyone else.

Sun Hero, if this is "getting a little too much" for you, then why do you keep returning to this thread?


:twisted: :twisted:

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:41 pm

Take it away Mr Allen.....

phpBB [video]



Shall we close it here?

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:58 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Shall we close it here?

No, let's close it here...

phpBB [video]


phpBB [video]


phpBB [video]

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:43 am

Nah....

Dave Allen's clip was funnier :wink:

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:15 am

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Nah....
Dave Allen's clip was funnier :wink:

Well, I do have to admit that the Dave Allen clip is a perfect match for the title of this topic.

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:45 pm

Blue River wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Nah....
Dave Allen's clip was funnier :wink:

Well, I do have to admit that the Dave Allen clip is a perfect match for the title of this topic.

You didn't think it was hilarious?

Oh.

I did. :D

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Why don't you just ask Doc, if God really exists or not? I'm sure he knows all the answers for the questions that trouble you. He may even come up with a credible source, if it is needed.

What we need now is a thread called "God - mystery revealed!"

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:12 pm

Albert Goldman wrote:What we need now is a thread called "God - mystery revealed!"

Here's two musical interpretations:

phpBB [video]



phpBB [video]

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:49 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:
Albert Goldman wrote:What we need now is a thread called "God - mystery revealed!"

Here's two musical interpretations:

phpBB [video]



phpBB [video]



I love them both!

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:23 pm

what was this thread about again?

:wtf:

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:
Blue River wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Nah....
Dave Allen's clip was funnier :wink:

Well, I do have to admit that the Dave Allen clip is a perfect match for the title of this topic.

You didn't think it was hilarious?

Humorous, but not hilarious.

"Hilarious" is...
Albert Goldman wrote:Why don't you just ask Doc, if God really exists or not? I'm sure he knows all the answers for the questions that trouble you. He may even come up with a credible source, if it is needed.
What we need now is a thread called "God - mystery revealed!"

smt174